• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][T110][T111][WIP] CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial

Search This thread

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012

NOTE: This a WIP build. Doesn't got all functions working yet.

Working CM11 ROM:
  • Download CM11 and TWRP 3.0 recovery. Mirror here.
  • Install TWRP 3.0 recovery with ODIN.
  • Flash CM with TWRP 3.0.
  • It works with TWRP 2.7.0.1 also, if you don't want the buggy 3.0.
This TWRP version got a bug with black screen before running. If you don't get into TWRP after waiting 1-2 minutes then try again to enter in recovery until you see TWRP logo.

In current version:

What's working:

• 🟩OS is booting
  • 🟩Touchscreen and display
  • 🟩Installing apps
  • 🟩Audio
What's not working:
  • 📛Volume
  • 📛Bluetooth
  • 📛Wi-Fi
  • 📛Rotation
Some got fixes in the CM11 build I've made previously and didn't implemented in this. It will got fixed with time, maybe expect of HW Acceleration witch is tricky but not impossible.

Sources: https://github.com/T110-android
Note: pick initial commits for known buildable version.

Build with Colab using last updated sources: https://github.com/T110-android/colab_build

Last edited:

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021

Working CM11 ROM:
This TWRP version got a bug with black screen before running. If you don't get into TWRP after waiting 1-2 minutes then try again to enter in recovery until you see TWRP logo.

In current version:

What's working:

• 🟩OS is booting
  • 🟩Installing apps
  • 🟩Audio
What's not working:
  • 📛Volume
  • 📛Bluetooth
  • 📛Wi-Fi
  • 📛Rotation
Some got fixes in the CM11 build I've made previously and didn't implemented in this. It will got fixed with time, maybe expect of HW Acceleration witch is tricky but not impossible.
What? I've got rotation to work... Interesting.
EDIT: Nevermind!

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
Rotation works in the version I've post as TWRP backup, but that was compiled a while ago and don't remember what exactly I did to make it work. However, should be easy to fix. Probably is a library, a setting or a config somewhere in the firmware.

🟩ART seems to work and it makes UI a bit smoother.

Last edited:

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
Rotation works in the version I've post as TWRP backup, but that was compiled a while ago and don't remember what exactly I did to make it work. However, should be easy to fix. Probably is a library, a setting or a config somewhere in the firmware.

🟩ART seems to work and it makes UI a bit smoother.
Hey! Can you share your sources on GitHub? Thanks!

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
Few things to note:
- Was it built as MDPI and/or smaller resolution? The screen is kind of funky.
- Was it build as telephony device? It says About phone instead of tablet in the settings.

The tablet is acting very funky because it thinks it's an i8200.

adryyy

Nov 3, 2012
Yes, I didn't compiled it as tablet, because Phone Ui looks better anyway in my view.

As for resolution, it looks fine and as sharp as it can at me. Maybe you feel the bigger phone Ui different.

I'm sure you can change DPI manually even enable tablet UI with a Magisk module or so, that's not priority right now, but to get all the hardware usable.

I will share the source but in a few days.

If you are in a hurry, here's local_manifest.xml and modification I've used to build:

Dependencies:
Recommend to use Ubuntu 14.04
openjdk-7 (JRE / JDK)
bison (version under 3.6.4)
And so on, you can find on XDA how to build CM11 from source and deps. .
Remove /system/lib/hw/hwcomposer.mrvl.so after build.
Fix set_metadata_xxx fails inside flushable zip before copy.

Local manifest:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="zvihell/android_device_goldenve3g.git" path="device/samsung/goyawifi" remote="github" revision="master"/>
  <project name="zvihell/android_vendor_goldenve3g" path="vendor/samsung/goyawifi" remote="github" revision="master"/>
  <project name="pazos/android_kernel_samsung_goyawifi.git" path="kernel/samsung/goyawifi" remote="github" revision="master"/>
</manifest>

BoardConfig.mk:
Code:
#Board config edit BoardConfig.mk
#
# Comment all existing lines at Wi-Fi and use these
#

# Wifi
BOARD_WLAN_VENDOR := MRVL
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/sd8xxx.ko"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME    := "sd8xxx"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := "firmware_path=/system/etc/firmware/mrvl/sd8777_uapsta.bin cfg80211_wext=12 sta_name=wlan uap_name=wlan wfd_name=p2p fw_name=mrvl/sd8777_uapsta.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_PARAM := "/sys/module/sd8xxx/parameters/firmware_path"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA := "/system/etc/firmware/mrvl/sd8777_uapsta.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP := "/system/etc/firmware/mrvl/sd8777_uapsta.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_P2P := "/system/etc/firmware/mrvl/sd8777_uapsta.bin"
WIFI_SDIO_IF_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH := "/system/lib/modules/mlan.ko"
WIFI_SDIO_IF_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME := "mlan"
WIFI_SDIO_IF_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG := ""
MRVL_WIRELESS_DAEMON_API := true

Last edited:

isanchez340

Mar 11, 2013
El Paso
I just turned on my table today after who knows how long of being used as a coaster. It's amazing to see new releases for this table even though it's pretty much obsolete by todays standards. I will give this rom a try to see how it run!

J3LLYX

Mar 22, 2020
This rom is amazing!!!!! never seen my old tablet run anything past jellybean!!! i hope this project doesnt die like the lineage os port

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
This rom is amazing!!!!! never seen my old tablet run anything past jellybean!!! i hope this project doesnt die like the lineage os port
Don't worry, unlike the LineageOS 14 project, we have actual sources that we can work with! Oh, and I have confirmed that the ROM boots.

TriDiscord

May 15, 2021
yooooooooooooo, a ROM for T111 model also? imma install it in a few days time. i have been waiting for a ROM for this model for more than a year and no luck but finally, the wait has been over, cant wait to try out this ROM even if it has bugs.
No GSM support yet, but sure! Beware of the bugs above though!

arawat2y2k

Jan 30, 2018
after rebooting from TWRP after flashing the zip file, it takes my to the TWRP splash screen and i cant boot into the OS, tried reinstalling stock firmware and try to do the same steps given in the forum but it still brings me back to TWRP. I need help.
After flashing the rom , flash stock recovery through odin...it will boot the rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the stock kernel source.
    Works fine with this also: https://github.com/T110-pmOS/android_kernel_samsung_goyawifi .
    I got another tablet. Maybe I will put the PMOS Linux on T110 and keep it as control device for something like smart home or so, because this is only utility I can think of it.
    Too much pain and work to get this thing to work properly, doesn't make sense to me anymore.
    Good luck with your development!
    Heya! Thanks for the answer. Enjoy your new tablet, by the way!

Working CM11 ROM:
    • Download CM11 and TWRP 3.0 recovery. Mirror here.
    • Install TWRP 3.0 recovery with ODIN.
    • Flash CM with TWRP 3.0.
    • It works with TWRP 2.7.0.1 also, if you don't want the buggy 3.0.

In current version:

What's working:

• 🟩OS is booting
    • 🟩Installing apps
    • 🟩Audio
    What's not working:
    • 📛Volume
    • 📛Bluetooth
    • 📛Wi-Fi
    • 📛Rotation

Sources: https://github.com/T110-android
    Note: pick initial commits for known buildable version.

Build with Colab using last updated sources: https://github.com/T110-android/colab_build
    After flashing the rom , flash stock recovery through odin...it will boot the
    Thanks it worked :)
    Looks good. It will build?
    Have you manage to do it over Colab?

I lost my interest a little, because I've tried countless times to push the Kernel version up or integrate Etnaviv to 3.4.5 version, but I've failed so I think is a job to hard for few people.
    It won't build, still getting the same bacon error. :(

I'm currently working on a TWRP device tree based on degas (PXA1088) and it seems to going pretty good!
    Though, unfortunately, the VPS expired and I can't build locally anymore, and the Colab VPS seems to give me problems.
    I don't think I'll be able to help compiling-wise, but I'll happily work on the source code.
    It's the stock kernel source.
    Works fine with this also: https://github.com/T110-pmOS/android_kernel_samsung_goyawifi .
    I got another tablet. Maybe I will put the PMOS Linux on T110 and keep it as control device for something like smart home or so, because this is only utility I can think of it.
    Too much pain and work to get this thing to work properly, doesn't make sense to me anymore.
    Good luck with your development!
    Heya! Thanks for the answer. Enjoy your new tablet, by the way!