Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

KingDroid300

Sep 29, 2015
Kaitaia
kingdroid300.weebly.com
9hUzNgO.png

NOTICE: This ROM has been moved to this new thread and now features a poll. The old thread is available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3214073.

Supernova 2.1 has been released!

Supernova ROMS:
  • Supernova ROM series (1.0, 1.1)
  • Supernova 2 (2.0, 2.1)
Upcoming ROMS:
  • Continuation of Supernova 2 (2.1.1, 2.2, etc.)
  • Supernova Lite (Bare Minimum)
  • Supernova Jelly Bean (4.1.2 variant)
  • Supernova Jelly Bean Pro (4.2.2 variant)
  • Supernova 3 (Planned for November)
  • Supernova 4 (Planned for December)

Hello! Welcome to Supernova! Supernova is a KitKat-based ROM originally built from StockRom by @safariking. It runs well, and is stable. Give it a shot!

Features:
  • Comes with Nova Launcher by default.
  • ES File Manager
  • Nova Launcher
  • System App Uninstaller
  • Xposed Installer
  • Wanam Xposed (Xposed Module)
  • Pimp My ROM (Version 1.1 and later)
  • Custom Boot Animation (Broken in 1.0)
  • 4 Way Reboot
  • New Wallpaper (2.0)

Planned Features:
  • Lockscreen Effects
  • Lollipop (Like that'll ever happen.)
  • Lite Variant (Bare Minimum)
  • Jelly Bean Variant (4.1.2)
  • Shorter Build Numbers
  • Support for more devices. (But that probably won't happen. The SM-T210 is the only Android device I have.)

Known Bugs/Issues:
  • Terminal Emulator crashes on startup and requires re-downloading from the Play Store

Supernova 2.1 Changelog
  • New Puppy Wallpaper
  • Optimization apps removed as the ROM is fast enough as it is.
  • Fixed broken Play Store (Always no connection error on 2.0)
  • Shorter build number (Build 2.1.0.FR.KK.T210.110)

Changelog for all versions (Including 2.1)

Version 2.1 Build 2.1.0.FR.KK.T210.110 (October 9th, 2015)
  • New Puppy Wallpaper
Version 2.0 Build 2.0.0.KK.4.4.2.FINAL.100.TW.T210XXBNH4.07.10.15 (October 7th, 2015)
  • New Wallpaper
  • Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and some apps for optimization.
  • From 2.0 onwards, there are build numbers. For 2.0, it is: Build 2.0.0.KK.4.4.2.FINAL.100.TW.T210XXBNH4.07.10.15
  • New Boot Animation that is fully animated
Version 1.1 (October 1st, 2015)
  • Replaced Samsung keyboard with AOSP-like keyboard
  • Pimp My ROM Pre-Installed
  • Helvetica Neue FlipFont Pre-Installed
  • Removed Stock File Manager
  • Fixed Issue where selecting Hot Boot does nothing
  • Replaced Boot Animation with working Animation
Version 1.0 (September 30, 2015)
  • Initial Release
  • Nova Launcher
  • ES File Manager
  • System App Uninstaller
  • Xposed Installer
  • Wanam Xposed Module
  • Unintentionally Broken Boot Animation

Installation Guide
  1. First, power off your tablet and then hold down Home+Power+VolumeUp to boot into recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch, etc.)
  2. Wipe/Factory Reset your tablet. WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA, SO MAKE A BACKUP.
  3. When that's done, go ahead and flash the .zip you downloaded from your SD card.
  4. When that's done, reboot your tablet.
  5. Everything should go well, but it might take a bit of time to boot at first. Don't worry. This happens with every ROM. But when you're done, you should see the Samsung setup wizard. Done!

Screenshots
Ignore the Helvetica Neue font and "DIDNEY WORL" on the lock screen. I set those for myself, which means when this ROM is first flashed, you will have the Roboto font and no personal message on the lockscreen, although you can set it yourself. Also these screenshots are from version 1.0.
39nHQED.jpg

hG1gx0z.png

6CQkVDw.png

Uz4ttz5.png

Y1joTBJ.png

Download

Extras
Note that I made none of these and they are all flashable.

Special thanks to:
  • @safariking, for creating StockRom, which this ROM was based on.
  • Google, for making Android.
  • All the developers of the apps on this ROM.
  • And finally, @dsixda, for making Android Kitchen, the tool I used to create this ROM.

NOTE: The attached SuperSU zip was to fix lost root access when flashing version 2.0.

Attachments

• UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 4,437
Last edited:

Four2zero

Dec 2, 2009
Orange County 714
+1 I also have the same blank screen. Once flashed successfully then reboot. Will get samsung tab 3 boot up logo but then will go blank screen for a long period.

Update....

Now, since I have updated TWRP to the latest edition. This ROM has installed successfully. Hence, the blank screen issue. Thanks for the Rom.

Last edited:

grimm_r

Apr 19, 2011
Memphis
I'm loving this rom off the bat after only two days using it. However, I keep getting a notification for a google sign in request.how can i clear it

bADiTCH

Jul 4, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Downloading now. Ill let you know if any issues, but looks good!

Ok I have installed it and WOW! Very nice clean ROM, and exactly what I was looking for.

Last edited:

mvanderr

Jan 25, 2007
I tried installing this ROM on my t210.

When booting after install I see the samsung logo. After a while it reboots again and I see the logo again and it launches the recovery mode.

What can I do?

Hi I installed your ROM last week and have to say so far it has proved to be the smoothest and most stable custom ROM I have tried on this tablet. I have tweaked the DPI as some items appeared to large but the ROM took it well and seems to be even smoother after the change.

Thank you for your work

;)

By a good ROM I mean unlike some others I have used so far it has remained fast and smooth across a number of days. Touchwiz based ROMS I have installed in the past seem to bog down and eventually grind to a halt. So this one I really like so far I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if I still like it! And then report back.

?

Reactions: thechrismilligan

TheRuan

Aug 4, 2007
Novo Hamburgo
Solved:I'm getting blankscreen too, I'm using TWRP to install, also sometimes after installing or during rom installing the system can't be mounted and there is a "not valid command" message during install.
Gonna try with PhilZ next.
Edit: No luck with PhilZ either.
Edit2: There was no problem in the rom, after a few attempts I found out that when I applied the pit file in Odin to restore the partition table it didn't work, so I created another script to restore the partition table with 1.5GB system instead of 800MB.
Btw, that didn't happen only in your rom installation, all roms I attempted, that didn't install, never show an error saying that system partition was not big enough.
Testing it now

Last edited:
Reactions: Citlalli in XDA
D

Deleted member 7459891

Hi I installed your ROM last week and have to say so far it has proved to be the smoothest and most stable custom ROM I have tried on this tablet. I have tweaked the DPI as some items appeared to large but the ROM took it well and seems to be even smoother after the change.

Thank you for your work

;)

How did you tweak the DPI? (I just got the ROM and I also see that some items appear to large ;)

How did you tweak the DPI? (I just got the ROM and I also see that some items appear to large ;)
I killed the tab a while back, but I edited the build prop and change the DPI in there. The smaller you set the number the smaller stuff appears only do it in small increments though. Edit it via something like es file explorer save your changes reboot see if you like what you see :cowboy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9hUzNgO.png

NOTICE: This ROM has been moved to this new thread and now features a poll. The old thread is available at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3214073.

Supernova 2.1 has been released!

Supernova ROMS:
    • Supernova ROM series (1.0, 1.1)
    • Supernova 2 (2.0, 2.1)
    Upcoming ROMS:
    • Continuation of Supernova 2 (2.1.1, 2.2, etc.)
    • Supernova Lite (Bare Minimum)
    • Supernova Jelly Bean (4.1.2 variant)
    • Supernova Jelly Bean Pro (4.2.2 variant)
    • Supernova 3 (Planned for November)
    • Supernova 4 (Planned for December)

Hello! Welcome to Supernova! Supernova is a KitKat-based ROM originally built from StockRom by @safariking. It runs well, and is stable. Give it a shot!

Features:
    • Comes with Nova Launcher by default.
    • ES File Manager
    • Nova Launcher
    • System App Uninstaller
    • Xposed Installer
    • Wanam Xposed (Xposed Module)
    • Pimp My ROM (Version 1.1 and later)
    • Custom Boot Animation (Broken in 1.0)
    • 4 Way Reboot
    • New Wallpaper (2.0)

Planned Features:
    • Lockscreen Effects
    • Lollipop (Like that'll ever happen.)
    • Lite Variant (Bare Minimum)
    • Jelly Bean Variant (4.1.2)
    • Shorter Build Numbers
    • Support for more devices. (But that probably won't happen. The SM-T210 is the only Android device I have.)

Known Bugs/Issues:
    • Terminal Emulator crashes on startup and requires re-downloading from the Play Store

Supernova 2.1 Changelog
    • New Puppy Wallpaper

Changelog for all versions (Including 2.1)

Version 2.1 Build 2.1.0.FR.KK.T210.110 (October 9th, 2015)
    • New Puppy Wallpaper
    Version 2.0 Build 2.0.0.KK.4.4.2.FINAL.100.TW.T210XXBNH4.07.10.15 (October 7th, 2015)
    • New Wallpaper
    • Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and some apps for optimization.
    • From 2.0 onwards, there are build numbers. For 2.0, it is: Build 2.0.0.KK.4.4.2.FINAL.100.TW.T210XXBNH4.07.10.15
    • New Boot Animation that is fully animated
    Version 1.1 (October 1st, 2015)
    • Replaced Samsung keyboard with AOSP-like keyboard
    • Pimp My ROM Pre-Installed
    • Helvetica Neue FlipFont Pre-Installed
    • Removed Stock File Manager
    • Fixed Issue where selecting Hot Boot does nothing
    • Replaced Boot Animation with working Animation
    Version 1.0 (September 30, 2015)
    • Initial Release
    • Nova Launcher
    • ES File Manager
    • System App Uninstaller
    • Xposed Installer
    • Wanam Xposed Module
    • Unintentionally Broken Boot Animation

Installation Guide
    1. First, power off your tablet and then hold down Home+Power+VolumeUp to boot into recovery (CWM, TWRP, Philz Touch, etc.)
    2. Wipe/Factory Reset your tablet. WARNING: THIS WILL ERASE ALL DATA, SO MAKE A BACKUP.
    3. When that's done, go ahead and flash the .zip you downloaded from your SD card.
    4. When that's done, reboot your tablet.
    5. Everything should go well, but it might take a bit of time to boot at first. Don't worry. This happens with every ROM. But when you're done, you should see the Samsung setup wizard. Done!

Screenshots
    Ignore the Helvetica Neue font and "DIDNEY WORL" on the lock screen. I set those for myself, which means when this ROM is first flashed, you will have the Roboto font and no personal message on the lockscreen, although you can set it yourself. Also these screenshots are from version 1.0.
    39nHQED.jpg

hG1gx0z.png

6CQkVDw.png

Uz4ttz5.png

Y1joTBJ.png

Download

Extras
    Note that I made none of these and they are all flashable.

Special thanks to:
    • @safariking, for creating StockRom, which this ROM was based on.
    • Google, for making Android.
    • All the developers of the apps on this ROM.
    • And finally, @dsixda, for making Android Kitchen, the tool I used to create this ROM.

NOTE: The attached SuperSU zip was to fix lost root access when flashing version 2.0.

Thank you for your work

;)

By a good ROM I mean unlike some others I have used so far it has remained fast and smooth across a number of days. Touchwiz based ROMS I have installed in the past seem to bog down and eventually grind to a halt. So this one I really like so far I'll give it a couple of weeks to see if I still like it! And then report back.

?
    Solved:I'm getting blankscreen too, I'm using TWRP to install, also sometimes after installing or during rom installing the system can't be mounted and there is a "not valid command" message during install.
    Gonna try with PhilZ next.
    Edit: No luck with PhilZ either.
    Edit2: There was no problem in the rom, after a few attempts I found out that when I applied the pit file in Odin to restore the partition table it didn't work, so I created another script to restore the partition table with 1.5GB system instead of 800MB.
    Btw, that didn't happen only in your rom installation, all roms I attempted, that didn't install, never show an error saying that system partition was not big enough.
    Testing it now
    Any reason why 5 ghz wifi no longer works?