• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] T217S - Anyone Interested

Search This thread

Zspy1985

Jun 4, 2010
I do want to use the Goodness Rom!! It was the first rom I flashed on my GS2 with Sprint.

But the Netflix bug is killer!! I need the latest version so I can cast to my Chromecast...sad panda!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
I do want to use the Goodness Rom!! It was the first rom I flashed on my GS2 with Sprint.

But the Netflix bug is killer!! I need the latest version so I can cast to my Chromecast...sad panda!

No fix for it...sorry. I don't use Netflix so I can't trouble shoot it either. If you can get a log during the issue I can look at it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
Am I the only one that cant get flash player to work with any browsers on the latest release of this rom. Im pretty sure I had it working on an earlier release of this rom and have it working on a stockish rom. Other than that this is the best rom for sprint galaxy tab 3. It looks and runs great. Can someone help or look into flash player prob?

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

wmatheney

Oct 25, 2012
Anyone else having wifi problem? My wifi constantly fails to connect. I can reboot and it will work for a couple of minutes but then disconnects again. Otherwise the rom is great!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
Anyone else having wifi problem? My wifi constantly fails to connect. I can reboot and it will work for a couple of minutes but then disconnects again. Otherwise the rom is great!

WiFi is all I use..I keep data shut off. Try a clean flash or try simply wipe dalvik/cache first.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
I can cast to it and have it show up just fine. But on the app it's self is a black screen.

The flash player prob actually just has to do with flash player not working on web pages. I can watch a video on YouTube in desktop mode on dolphin browser etc. but say for example on the main you tube page it won't show the active flash player stuff on the top of the web page. It just shows links.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

caguas56

May 25, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
i've pretty much retired from rom development, but i recently built a rom based off of stockt217s for personal use. Not much in regards to mods as xposed handles all of that, but it is fully themed with most stock removed. Darker and more colorful than stock. With wanams's xposed module, it make for a nice looking fully functionally rom. Just wanted to post this to see if there is any interest. I'll post some screenies this evening. Any sprint users that have run my goodness series of roms for evo, epic touch, s3, note2 and nexus5 know what to expect visually. Thanks to team blackout and gunthermic for some inverted gapps and images as well as others across xda. Lots themed.

Follow the rom here or catch us on the hangout by requesting to be added in the thread here.

hell no, hell nnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!, you retired???????. I just downloaded your latest masterpiece!!!!, you can not retire please!!!!!!

easyrabbit

Jan 7, 2014
Grateful newbie says thanks!

First off, I am new to the whole root rom thing. I have an HTC ONE and this T217S tablet. I also have my old HTC ECO 4g which I am glad to still have since I will test rooting it before I do my ONE. Having said that, this Rom is my first. I rooted the tablet with Kingo and quite frankly it was so easy I feel like I cheated. I have done a lot of reading and research to get here. Now that I am, I know I will always root everything I have going forward. I might even try to to create my own ROM someday, who knows. I just wanted to say (in a very long winded way), thank you. This ROM is great. It has taught me so much so far. There are a lot of things I don't understand but working through them and tinkering. I will probably ask some questions sooner or later but quite frankly I have not needed to since so many have answered questions on these message boards. So thank you for taking the time to do things like this. I will be donating and contributing where I can. Oh and can you add me to the hangout? Rather not post my email here though.

Reactions: cmonsterf50

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
Love the rom. It's awesome. Question though, am I the only one that has a prob with flash player not full working with web browsers in desktop view? See picture attached. I can play flash videos, you tube etc. but as far as flash videos on web pages that usually just play, they don't, you just see link stuff. Can someone check this out? I know it's minor but it be cool if it didn't do that. Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-14-19-51-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-14-19-51-07.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 258

easyrabbit

Jan 7, 2014
If anyone is interested we could start a tab 3 hangout. Send me your gmail and I will add you to the hangout if interested and ill post updates there. It will be a free for all where everyone can share. Just a thought.

[email protected]

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I was having trouble with Youtube video freezing. Tried clearing caches etc, re-flashed rom but nothing worked. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling from play store. It now works fine but lost the cool theme. I guess I will sacrifice the coolness for performance for that one unless someone has a better idea. I have the original backed up.

shawn718

Jan 23, 2008
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Camera issues and ideas.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Anyone notice some of the colors are top dark. I like the fall theme but for example you can't read the time on the notification pull down. The bottom half is like blacked out. Other than that running great. Used your room on my gs2. Happy to see you over here.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've pretty much retired from ROM development, but I recently built a rom based off of StockT217S for personal use. Not much in regards to mods as Xposed handles all of that, but it is fully themed with most stock removed. Darker and more colorful than stock. With Wanams's xposed module, it make for a nice looking fully functionally rom. Just wanted to post this to see if there is any interest. I'll post some screenies this evening. Any sprint users that have run my Goodness series of roms for Evo, Epic Touch, S3, Note2 and Nexus5 know what to expect visually. Thanks to team blackout and gunthermic for some inverted gapps and images as well as others across xda. Lots themed.

Follow the rom HERE or catch us on the Hangout by requesting to be added in the thread HERE.
    I will try and get something up this evening...very busy time if year.
    This what most of the ui looks like now
    gate3a3y.jpg

Sorry guys..been mia life is just to busy. But wanted to point out that this ROM is based on old firmware. Issues such as WiFi are likely related to flashing over new firmware. I currently use the old firmware as it works flawless for me and haven't had reason to update. If I can find time I'll try to update but just don't know when that will be. I've changed a lot on my personal setup as far as ui etc...I'll see what I can do as soon as I can do it.

Does this mean we'll get a Chrome X theme too? How's it going cerj?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

You know it brother... as soon as I get the S4 updated... I'm on this bad boy right here...

I'm good my Fren..Good to see you here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk