• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM] T217S - Anyone Interested

Search This thread

Powerplayer1025

Jan 16, 2014
This sounds great I was looking for a decent rom to run. Does anyone know of a kernel to overclock our device it's really sluggish and barely usable kinda irritating. Any chance this awesome developer can cook up a kernel

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Barely usable? What are you running on it? I know it's not a power house but barely usable is not what I would call it. I'm very happy with it. Moves along nicely stock.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
This sounds great I was looking for a decent rom to run. Does anyone know of a kernel to overclock our device it's really sluggish and barely usable kinda irritating. Any chance this awesome developer can cook up a kernel

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No kernel will be happening for this device. The Issues you seem to have are something on your end. Ha..obviously I rls what I use personally and have no issues at all.

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
Barely usable? What are you running on it? I know it's not a power house but barely usable is not what I would call it. I'm very happy with it. Moves along nicely stock.

Should have an app update along with a few other changes soon.

Juicebythefoot

Mar 9, 2014
Hopefully I can get it flashed in ok. I have TWRP and root access but I haven't been able to get a ROM to stick. It always reverts back to reinstalling and updating the factory piece and going through the startup/update routine. Its stock with root access. I just want to get rid of the bloatware.

Always-Learnin

Aug 18, 2011
Sugar Land
I love this ROM, but I do have issues with not being able to run Netflix and also many of the menu selections are so dark that I can't read them. Is there a simple fix for this?

I am also having issues with installing some apps... I tried to download and install the 1.81 version of Netflix as directed in the Team Nocturnal forum, but when the install screen comes up, I am unable to actually install the app...when I click on the install button...nothing happens. This is not the only app for which I have seen this install issue.

I am excited to hear that there is an update coming...I hope it addresses my issues.

Thanks for supporting our device!!!

mdiaz33685

Feb 20, 2009
Tampa, FL
Hopefully I can get it flashed in ok. I have TWRP and root access but I haven't been able to get a ROM to stick. It always reverts back to reinstalling and updating the factory piece and going through the startup/update routine. Its stock with root access. I just want to get rid of the bloatware.

twrp 2630 was my problem, wasn't flashing my rom correctly, wouldn't load the rom, use cwm.... works just fine..

testing the new twrp 2700, hopefully it will work... will be testing it shortly..

jsimonson0

Oct 31, 2011
Bavaro, La Alta Gracia, RD
I've pretty much retired from ROM development, but I recently built a rom based off of StockT217S for personal use. Not much in regards to mods as Xposed handles all of that, but it is fully themed with most stock removed. Darker and more colorful than stock. With Wanams's xposed module, it make for a nice looking fully functionally rom. Just wanted to post this to see if there is any interest. I'll post some screenies this evening. Any sprint users that have run my Goodness series of roms for Evo, Epic Touch, S3, Note2 and Nexus5 know what to expect visually. Thanks to team blackout and gunthermic for some inverted gapps and images as well as others across xda. Lots themed.

What launcher are you using for this ROM? I like the look of it.

Trialsoul

Oct 13, 2012
The ROM uses Nova Launcher.

You have the option of using nova or stock.

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

@mijjah74 is it ok and is it possible to extract the weather/clock widget you use on this rom so i can use it on rooted stock rom. If so, what would i have to do?

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: easyrabbit

Always-Learnin

Aug 18, 2011
Sugar Land
Very weird then. Every time i flash this rom, wifi won't even turn on. It would switch off right away. I tried everything in my power to do so. I had already updated to NB8 too. :confused:

I'm currently running stock NB8…without issues. I had to go back to stock because I couldn't get Netflix to work and some apks wouldn't install.

I've been patiently waiting for an update to this Rom. ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've pretty much retired from ROM development, but I recently built a rom based off of StockT217S for personal use. Not much in regards to mods as Xposed handles all of that, but it is fully themed with most stock removed. Darker and more colorful than stock. With Wanams's xposed module, it make for a nice looking fully functionally rom. Just wanted to post this to see if there is any interest. I'll post some screenies this evening. Any sprint users that have run my Goodness series of roms for Evo, Epic Touch, S3, Note2 and Nexus5 know what to expect visually. Thanks to team blackout and gunthermic for some inverted gapps and images as well as others across xda. Lots themed.

Follow the rom HERE or catch us on the Hangout by requesting to be added in the thread HERE.
    I will try and get something up this evening...very busy time if year.
    This what most of the ui looks like now
    gate3a3y.jpg

Sorry guys..been mia life is just to busy. But wanted to point out that this ROM is based on old firmware. Issues such as WiFi are likely related to flashing over new firmware. I currently use the old firmware as it works flawless for me and haven't had reason to update. If I can find time I'll try to update but just don't know when that will be. I've changed a lot on my personal setup as far as ui etc...I'll see what I can do as soon as I can do it.

Does this mean we'll get a Chrome X theme too? How's it going cerj?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

You know it brother... as soon as I get the S4 updated... I'm on this bad boy right here...

I'm good my Fren..Good to see you here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk