[ROM] T217S - Anyone Interested

Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Yes, if your on MH9 it will work..

But there's still no way to get WiFi working if I roll back from B8 right? I love all of the add ons for Goodness and I was using the WOR style before I nuked my S4. I had never accidentally bricked or broken a device before my S4 and naturally it was the only I didn't insure. :(

By the way, if anyone has an old GNex stuck in a drawer, the 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 builds make this old device run faster and smoother than ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403505993330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403505993330.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403506009216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403506009216.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: cerj

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
But there's still no way to get WiFi working if I roll back from B8 right? I love all of the add ons for Goodness and I was using the WOR style before I nuked my S4. I had never accidentally bricked or broken a device before my S4 and naturally it was the only I didn't insure. :(

By the way, if anyone has an old GNex stuck in a drawer, the 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 builds make this old device run faster and smoother than ever

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Thank you... I don't think you will get Wi-Fi if you roll back...I remember you jumping in my S4 thread, and then you wer gone.. Sux that you didn't get more time with the S4, it's a great device.. I think I'm getting the New Tab S.. I was ready to get the Tab 4 pro.. I actually just started decompiling the apks fir the Tab 4.. But a chance visit to bb has me wanting Tab S..Very nice tablet, and sammy is using the dark backgrounds again..com

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Reactions: mijjah74

mijjah74

Dec 13, 2010
Raymore
Thank you... I don't think you will get Wi-Fi if you roll back...I remember you jumping in my S4 thread, and then you wer gone.. Sux that you didn't get more time with the S4, it's a great device.. I think I'm getting the New Tab S.. I was ready to get the Tab 4 pro.. I actually just started decompiling the apks fir the Tab 4.. But a chance visit to bb has me wanting Tab S..Very nice tablet, and sammy is using the dark backgrounds again..com

Everything looks great Cerj. Thanks

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA

I followed the link that was either a page back in this thread or in the other thread and I Odin flashed NB8 then got my MSL from Sprint and did a hard reset and my update for 4.4.2 NE7 popped right up. I read several posts that going up to KitKat stock gets rid of the flicker on the CM based ROMs but honestly, looking through the files, NB8 seemed incomplete. I had random system apps odexed and about 1/3 weren't. I didn't have the Sprint boot animation which was how I knew I received 2 of these with messed up software. I am going to make a nandroid and flash a CM build because it fixed that issue for several people who had that issue

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
Let me know how it goes. I took the official update and have been waiting for more stable cm or carbon. Did I see you say something about using comadose on this? Why back to the e4gt forums but didn't think it was universal.

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Let me know how it goes. I took the official update and have been waiting for more stable cm or carbon. Did I see you say something about using comadose on this? Why back to the e4gt forums but didn't think it was universal.

Yeah, I just got bit again damn it! CM still had the flicker and because I made a backup on 4.4.2 I now need to either install Kies because something didnt match properly. Hopefully the firmware is posted in that other thread. That would be a big help. Oh also I HIGHLY recommend installing Viper4Android v2.3.3.0. It has a decent EQ but it has an Extra Loud toggle and a dampener toggle. You can increase the volume by 11db if I remember right. It also has the Convolver option back and I have at least a hundred different sound files...from Dolby to Beats to you name it. I think I was at +8db and if you connect to a Bluetooth speaker or car speakers be careful because I had to drop my Bluetooth speaker volume down by half it was so loud. Actually I hope to have my Tab back up within 30 min and I will zip up the apk along with 4 zips that get extracted and the wav files get copied to the Viper4Android Kernel folder that installs when you install the driver.

I tried all of the sound mods and this is the one that makes the sound jump up from stock levels. While I try to reset my Tab, here's a screenshot of my HTC One M7 running ViperROM KitKat... 5 days on a single charge and almost 5 hours of screen time. That's another reason its getting harder to grab another Samsung with security by Knox:eek:

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403632977529.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403632977529.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: cerj and graffix31

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
For the Note 3, I modded the S5 accu weather widget, actually the second accu weather widget..I made it transparent and with the digital clock, I got looking close to the main widget..But this works on third party launchers, whereas the main widget only works on the Touch Wiz launcher.. Also when you tap the widget or opens the S5 accu weather panel... Well being the wild and crazy guy I am, I just tried it on the tab3, and it works... I will post it if anyone is interested.. it's working on Nova and ADW launchers.. first screens are the Note 3 with it... I'll get a screen of the tab 3 when I finish...

atunygu8.jpg
asetary5.jpg
y3u3ytyn.jpg

Last edited:

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
This is as close as I can get on the Tab 3... You may need to push the files but I'll post a zip.. please make a backup before flashing or pushing... I have this working on my tab3 and note 3...

epy8uta3.jpg
ratagehy.jpg

I would like a copy of that zip! Transparent is the only way I can use that widget.

Oh, also updating to NE7 did not solve the flicker issue fortunately the NE7 firmware is on Sammobile now so I was able to Odin back after my nandroid failed to properly restore the system. The customization options are limited on the Tab 3 but at least it has KitKat. I like the new stock video player. I did notice that my WiFi scans around every 5 seconds even though it is connected.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mijjah74 and cerj

Nitefall

Dec 13, 2007
Chicago
For the Note 3, I modded the S5 accu weather widget, actually the second accu weather widget..I made it transparent and with the digital clock, I got looking close to the main widget..But this works on third party launchers, whereas the main widget only works on the Touch Wiz launcher.. Also when you tap the widget or opens the S5 accu weather panel... Well being the wild and crazy guy I am, I just tried it on the tab3, and it works... I will post it if anyone is interested.. it's working on Nova and ADW launchers.. first screens are the Note 3 with it... I'll get a screen of the tab 3 when I finish...

atunygu8.jpg
asetary5.jpg
y3u3ytyn.jpg

Just curious what icon pack that is our did you make it yourself
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I just got the latest Krome X themed Tapatalk v4.7.3 uploaded.. Its a normal install.. Enjoy... http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16489

This will give you a trans accuweather widget for your home screen..Its very close the the main accu widget that only works with the Touch Wiz launcher..This one will work with Nova, ADW and Im sure Apex.. You will need to delete the accuweather widget and weather daemon from system/app, then flash the zip or push each apk.. If you push, delete the apks I mentioned along with the SecTabletDidgitalClock, then reboot....When it boots back up push all 3 apks from the zip, set perms and reboot.. I made this for launchers other than TW, but it may work with TW as well..*** Please make a backup***..
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358560094

Last edited:

fsunoles101

I just got the latest Krome X themed Tapatalk v4.7.3 uploaded.. Its a normal install.. Enjoy... http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=16489

This will give you a trans accuweather widget for your home screen..Its very close the the main accu widget that only works with the Touch Wiz launcher..This one will work with Nova, ADW and Im sure Apex.. You will need to delete the accuweather widget and weather daemon from system/app, then flash the zip or push each apk.. If you push, delete the apks I mentioned along with the SecTabletDidgitalClock, then reboot....When it boots back up push all 3 apks from the zip, set perms and reboot.. I made this for launchers other than TW, but it may work with TW as well..*** Please make a backup***..
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358560094
@cerj Awesome job dude. Look forward to trying these. Want to give your new theme a run, but I would have to flash freeza's fre3 rom. Will give it a go soon though. Thanks for everything you do man.

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Ok, inside exposed you can dl a module named Holo Themer, be careful and don't go thru a bunch of apps at once..But this is a screen of my tab 3 settings, after setting them to device default inside Holo Themer.. it will cause a fc on some apps, so make a backup and do one app at a time..But you can just undo what you did inside Holo Themer and it will stop fc...There are many choices fir each app, device default looks the best ( imo ) for settings..
yrabezaq.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fsunoles101

fsunoles101

Ok, inside exposed you can dl a module named Holo Themer, be careful and don't go thru a bunch of apps at once..But this is a screen of my tab 3 settings, after setting them to device default inside Holo Themer.. it will cause a fc on some apps, so make a backup and do one app at a time..There are many choices fir each app, device default looks the best ( imo ) for settings..
yrabezaq.jpg

Looking good cerj.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've pretty much retired from ROM development, but I recently built a rom based off of StockT217S for personal use. Not much in regards to mods as Xposed handles all of that, but it is fully themed with most stock removed. Darker and more colorful than stock. With Wanams's xposed module, it make for a nice looking fully functionally rom. Just wanted to post this to see if there is any interest. I'll post some screenies this evening. Any sprint users that have run my Goodness series of roms for Evo, Epic Touch, S3, Note2 and Nexus5 know what to expect visually. Thanks to team blackout and gunthermic for some inverted gapps and images as well as others across xda. Lots themed.

Follow the rom HERE or catch us on the Hangout by requesting to be added in the thread HERE.
    I will try and get something up this evening...very busy time if year.
    This what most of the ui looks like now
    gate3a3y.jpg

Sorry guys..been mia life is just to busy. But wanted to point out that this ROM is based on old firmware. Issues such as WiFi are likely related to flashing over new firmware. I currently use the old firmware as it works flawless for me and haven't had reason to update. If I can find time I'll try to update but just don't know when that will be. I've changed a lot on my personal setup as far as ui etc...I'll see what I can do as soon as I can do it.

Does this mean we'll get a Chrome X theme too? How's it going cerj?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

You know it brother... as soon as I get the S4 updated... I'm on this bad boy right here...

I'm good my Fren..Good to see you here

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk