[ROM][T320][T325][Android 13] Unofficial LineageOS 20.0 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi/LTE (mondrianwifi/lte)

Search This thread

Kakakrroto

Jan 13, 2023
Good afternoon people!

Good morning guys!

I have LineageOS 20.0 on my samsung galaxy tab pro 8.4. I saw that the screen has a resolution of 1600x2560 pixels, that is, a ratio of 10:16. I took some wallpapers and adjusted them to that aspect ratio, but when I set them as wallpaper the images seem to be zoomed in and become larger than they should be and I can't adjust them. This way cuts occur in the wallpaper. In the image gallery and through the Perfect Viewer application, the images are displayed correctly. The problem only occurs when setting the image as wallpaper.
Is there any solution?

And thanks to the developer and team for the great work!

rientek

Feb 17, 2023
I came from the official LineageOS 13 build, updated TWRP and installed a fresh LineageOS 20 + BiTGApps.
Works like a charm, thank you very much!

Has anyone messed with the governor parameters? I've noticed some things perform noticably better when touching the screen (YouTube 2x on 60fps videos, Sonic Mania decomp) which forces higher clocks. I don't know how to fix this without super aggressive settings.
I'm using mine with "kernel adiutor" and reduced max CPU frequency 2 steps.
But I don't use what you do.
Once installed and played SuperTux but didn't play it for some time.

Can anyone else confirm that app not responding messages won't stay away unless you hit close app? I would've expected someone else to mention it by now. Maybe I need a factory reset.
I'm using mine with "kernel adiutor" and reduced max CPU frequency 2 steps.
But I don't use what you do.
Once installed and played SuperTux but didn't play it for some time.
Doesn't seem to help. It almost seems like it thinks it can either drop clocks too aggressively or never boosts high enough. It doesn't need super high clocks.
I don't know if it's because of an update or something else, but chrome doesn't work properly. It is possible to install and run it, but it turns white at the top of the address bar, and it also turns white when searching. Does anyone know the cause? For this, I tried several things, such as repeating installation and reinstallation, installing and uninstalling Android WebView, and so on, but it's still the same.
Was happening to me earlier too. I had some trouble getting rid of it, maybe because backup was restoring data? I think a reinstall with clear data should work. Anyway, since I want to keep my tabs I've been going to /data/data/com.android.chrome and removing things like caches (or everything but tabs). I haven't narrowed down exact cause.

Do you agree that there is a problem with chrome? I should have seen this comment first... Trying to reset the system and reinstall the OS. Couldn't fix the cause? Because of the recent OS update, my attempts are in vain...
My problem actually started the update before this. But seriously, either make sure your backup isn't being restored when you reinstall or go to the path I said earlier and delete crap. Or switch to chrome beta.

So you're saying you've solved it? I can't understand what you are saying. I just installed two old version lineage OS ROMs before update, but the symptoms are the same. Maybe it's not a Lineage OS update problem. Are you referring to chrome? Clear Chrome's cache and reinstall? It has already been done by default before formatting. Solved by installing the beta? I can't understand exactly what you mean
Mine is working. I'm saying you need to make sure you don't have lineage backup set to restore data when you uninstall/reinstall chrome. Or do my suggestion on deleting some stuff or just switching browser.

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
TLDR; The problem with Chrome seems real and T320 specific. Apparently in graphical rendering/overlay. Looks like a "white out" with content on page becoming invisible.

It occurs in this LOS v20 as well as in LOS v18 that share some common code. I understand if an objection a la "why are you seeking Chrome support here" is raised in this thread, yet I sense a bunch of people need Chrome to work on this ROM. So perhaps something csn be worked out.

The compatibility was first broken by changes in Chrome v109-xxx, not by LOS 20/18 changes. However there is something incompatible in LOS20/18 that was exposed by changes in Chrome. I tested 6 other android devices using various Android versions and ROMs - the Chrome stopped working only on T320.

Repro:
- Install fresh ROM, this or LOS18
- Install the latest Chrome v110 (110.0.5481.65) [from APK] (to prove it's not caching/davlik)
- Type anything in the url bar (a real website like cnn.com or any garbage so it's google search). The browser will show blank white page. Apparently it's a visual rendering issue b/c touching the white page appears to react on "click".
- The same issue persists in LOS20/18 with the prev "major" version Chrome v109-xxxx. Tested the latest minor 109.0.5414.118

Workaround:
- The issue is NOT present in Chrome v108-xxxxx. Install 108.0.5359.128 (latest v108-xxx), works fine [for me, at least].

Last edited:
TLDR; The problem with Chrome seems real and T320 specific. Apparently in graphical rendering/overlay. Looks like a "white out" with content on page becoming invisible.

It occurs in this LOS v20 as well as in LOS v18 that share some common code. I understand if an objection a la "why are you seeking Chrome support here" is raised in this thread, yet I sense a bunch of people need Chrome to work on this ROM. So perhaps something csn be worked out.

The compatibility was first broken by changes in Chrome v109-xxx, not by LOS 20/18 changes. However there is something incompatible in LOS20/18 that was exposed by changes in Chrome. I tested 6 other android devices using various Android versions and ROMs - the Chrome stopped working only on T320.

Repro:
- Install the latest Chrome v110 (110.0.5481.65) [from APK] (to prove it's not caching/davlik)
- Type anything in the url bar (a real website like cnn.com or any garbage so it's google search). The browser will show blank white page. Apparently it's a visual rendering issue b/c touching the white page appears to react on "click".
- The same issue persists in LOS20/18 with the prev "major" version Chrome v109-xxxx. Tested the latest minor 109.0.5414.118

Workaround:
- The issue is NOT present in Chrome v108-xxxxx. Install 108.0.5359.128 (latest v108-xxx), works fine [for me, at least].
Strange, I think this should be working with clear data. I thought i remembered this working? Are you sure you don't have some automatic data restore? (Does the included backup automatic restore only when restoring app from backup or will it do it if you install from apk?)

Screenshot of latest working (although this was done by deleting the /data stuff I mentioned in an earlier post)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220-231531_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20230220-231531_Chrome.png
    402.3 KB · Views: 34
I may be mistaken in thinking that you are a person involved in the development or update of Lineage OS.
You are mistaken as I just helped by testing pre alpha ROM versions having no knowledge about building or patching them.
The Wi-Fi is often disconnected, and it automatically tries to reconnect again, which takes an inconvenient amount of time to connect. I was hoping to get some patch help.
As I said: not so on T325

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
Strange, I think this should be working with clear data. I thought i remembered this working? Are you sure you don't have some automatic data restore? (Does the included backup automatic restore only when restoring app from backup or will it do it if you install from apk?)

Screenshot of latest working (although this was done by deleting the /data stuff I mentioned in an earlier post)

You are right. After trying harder to cleanup (after uninstall, deleted all chrome leftovers in /data at shell prompt), the latest chrome works fine. My bad, apologies for misreporting. And thx!

Edmilton.sg

Feb 25, 2023
Is anyone facing overheating issues with the SM-T320 (mondrianwifi), I've tested some roms and basically all of them are overheating my device when opening some light games or videos, does anyone have a method to work around the problem?

I thought of a custom kernel, I'm running LOS20 at the moment I'm testing it for a few days, it works very well, but I'm uncomfortable with overheating, I can use it all day normally, but when I start a game, even if it's very simple and light, it starts to heat up very.

Excuse my English, I'm speaking from Brazil and using google translator.

Please help me.

Repro:

Workaround:
Can you try disable this flag in chrome://flags ?
1677318696869.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this, you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check - please make backup. Better to store all partitions.

What works

• audio
    • bluetooth
    • brightness
    • call/LTE (mondrianlte)
    • camera
    • DRM
    • OTA
    • video
    • wifi
    • wifi display

What doesn't work
    • Back camera preview : wrong rotation on preview in default app Fixed build 20221204
    • SELinux Fixed build 20221130

Instructions:
    0. Patched TWRP for FOTA : mondrianwifi / mondrianlte
    1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended BiTGApps ARM 13]
    4. Install Magisk 25.2 (optionally)

Sources & Changes:
    Device tree mondrianwifi
    Device tree mondrianlte
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree mondrianwifi
    Vendor tree mondrianlte
    TWRP tree mondrianwifi
    TWRP tree mondrianlte

Download:
    Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors

ROM OS Version: 13.0

Version Information
    Nightlies

Created 2022-11-27
    Last Updated 2023-01-05
    Build for mondrianlte is now available. All should work even LTE.
    Big thanks to @bmwdroid for helping test builds.
    Hey all, thanks for this incredibly good ROM. It's really the best ROM ever for the tablet. If we can get the final settings adjusted, it would be a dream come true. Please, don't stop working on it - together we can get all the potential of our good old Tab Pro!!!!
    Imho it's finished for T325.
    Camera (both), Wlan WPA/WPA2 2,4 + 5GHz, mobile data, LTE, Bluetooth, speaker, headphones, mic, SD card 64GB, SELinux.
    Flashed with Bitgapps ARM v1.8 and Magisk.

GPS idk as to wet outside.
    Hey guys, any progress on the adoptable storage?
    If we get this last piece of the puzzle done, it will be the most perfect ROM EVER for the Tab.... for a Tab from 2014!
    Adoptable is not working. only crash occurs. Tried different things but haven't much time to look at it.
    microg is included in the new build.
    my tabelt is still slow, even with this built. i did a factory reset. even my battery is draining extremely.
    @bierma32 what is zram_ boot.IMG. can you provide me that file? can i flash it in twrp?

greetz
    Provide logcat.
    zram boot img was alpha kernel for test.
    The changes are includes since 2nd december build.