[ROM][T320][T325][Android 13] Unofficial LineageOS 20.0 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi/LTE (mondrianwifi/lte)

Search This thread
1. It has improved a lot compared to the previous version, but I'm still worried about WIFI connection stability. I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing the occasional disconnection problem. There was no problem with other connected devices, so it is not a problem with my WIFI environment.
Has happened to me too, but I don't remember it happening recently tbh. I think it started happening on the Valera pie build (was previously on lineage nightly marshmallow).
3. Is it not possible to display the notification dot next to the icon as a badge number on this operating system? Currently, chat message number badges are not displayed other than notification points.
AFAIK you can only get a dot without a number on the default launcher. You could also get another launcher.

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
I second all praises to the ROM developer(s)!

A few comments about the taskbar.
- The true state of taskbar after a fresh rom install is not correctly reflected in System->Buttons. This is a minor nitpick. The reason mentioned here - to note that in that initial state the enabled navbar doesn't disable the physical nav buttons, so both on-screen and phys buttons are working.
- After onscreen navbar had been tweaked once, apparently there is no more way to have physical buttons enabled if the navbar is also ON. This is not a big deal in itself, yet sets up a more pronounced usability issue below.
- The dependency of the taksbar on navbar makes it impossible to use the task bar with physical nav buttons (see above; yes i know of the gestures - nah...). And that dents usability. The taskbar is looking increasingly like a good idea. Particularly in anticipation of the taskbar redesign and the intriguing desktop mode in 13 qpr2 where these features maybe inter-operating. After a bit of research, it seems the dependency between the nav- and task- bars in this rom is not the original design idea, which I believe is to have them controlled by a user independently. Not sure if this is a lineage or this port's thing. If the taksbar can be controlled independently of the on-screen navbar, it would remove a taskbar usability barrier.

Fwiw, a separate soapbox... it would be a thrill if a usable desktop mode comes to this tab (android 13 highlight). This venerable tab is on its last legs, yet if it can pull it off and if android catches up feature wise - it will be a wow! The samsung desktop is superb, I'm a minor shareholder in home s8 tab, it runs in desktop more than half the time b/c the desktop is that good.

Attachments

• taskbar-after-install.png
    taskbar-after-install.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 54
Can anyone confirm screen cast wireless display is working for them on a real tv? For me my tv won't work but casting to windows does. I'm wondering if the tv is being more particular about getting everything right.

Might be nice to have a full list of known bugs.
  • App not responding message will repeat until you select close, even if app starts responding
  • Occasional Wifi dropouts
  • Video decode problems (youtube 720p30 max, gallery can't playback screen recordings)
  • Adoptable storage
  • Device slow shortly after boot
  • Potential sim recognition problem (1 report)
  • Occasionally stuck on lockscreen with either display off or no input (less frequent since Feb build?)
  • Some stats are wrong (checked with devcheck, SOC temp stuck at 37C, charger connect count stuck at 188, charge counter -2147483)
  • Some wallpaper problem?
  • Navbar config
  • MHL freezes screen
  • AOSP keyboard gets stuck on numbers in landscape
Probably missed some things. And can I get a second conformation on the app not responding and lockscreen thing in case I changed something?

Last edited:
1. Screen transmission to the TV through the screen transmission icon on the top bar is normal. However, transmission to the TV through the MXPLAYER's transmit button failed. I don't know if this problem is an application problem or an OS basic program not installed problem.
Top bar cast was what I was trying. Maybe my tv doesn't like the resolution or something.
However, due to Widevine L3
Widevine L3 is common for custom roms. But youtube and your own screen recording shouldn't use drm. This should be a separate problem.
4. I've seen some people mention issues with adoptable storage, what usage issues exactly do they mean? I'm using SD memory, but I'm not sure what the problem people are referring to is specifically.
You are probably using it as just a separate storage. Adoptable storage makes it act as your internal storage and allow compatible apps to be installed on the sd.

Kakakrroto

Jan 13, 2023
Are there any T320 (Tab Pro 8.4) users here? This is an old device. Is there a way or purchase route to improve current battery efficiency? The speed consumption is very fast compared to the very slow charging speed.
Good evening!
I bought a Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 model T320 1 month ago and it already came with lineageos 19.1, but it consumed a lot of battery. With 100% charged, it lasted about two hours watching videos or surfing the internet. I switched to lineageos 20.0, did all the cleanup and formatted data, but still the problem remained. Followed method one on that site, but it didn't work:

I installed the ampere and I'm monitoring. What I noticed, the battery drains and the tablet turns off after 2 hours of use (0%), I restart without charging, it returns with 20% on average, I use it until it reaches zero and I plug the charger with the tablet off and leave it for a few minutes it returns with a 30% charge. It looks like the battery is out of calibration.

Kakakrroto

Jan 13, 2023
@Kakakrroto
1. which Gapps Version you have installed?
2. Was it a clean install ? Or dirty flash ?
3. You have to recalibrate the battery
4. How old is the battery?
1. which Gapps Version you have installed?
BiTGApps-arm-13.0.0-v1.8_signed

2. Was it a clean install ? Or dirty flash?
Clean install with all cleaning (cache, data, system etc), and data formatting.

3. You have to recalibrate the battery
I used this method:
1. Discharge your phone fully until it turns itself off.
2. Turn it on again and let it turn itself off.
3. Plug your phone into a charger and, without turning it on, let it charge until the on-screen or LED indicator says 100 percent.
4. Turn your phone on. It's likely that the battery indicator won't say 100 percent, so plug the charger back in (leave your phone on) and continue charging until it says 100 percent on-screen as well.
5. Unplug your phone and restart it. If it doesn't say 100 percent, plug the charger back in until it says 100 percent on screen.
6. Repeat this cycle until it says 100 percent (or as close as you think it's going to get) when you start it up without it being plugged in.

4. How old is the battery?
I don't know, I bought the tablet a month ago, it could be original. In my country the device was launched in 2015.

arrakis_23

Jun 3, 2021
On T325 battery matters, I bought and replaced the battery (T4800U T4800E) with a US$10 version from Aliexpress. Before battery replacement on KitKat4.4, it will bootloop whenever the original battery falls to 80%, and 100%->80% can only last 30mins of use. This is the EOL experience in Nov 2020 for a battery that has been in use since Aug 2014.

After battery replacement, with LineageOS17/18.1+ BitGApps, the standby decline was only -2% overnight (12h), with wifi+data off. Normal usage was -10% for 24hrs, bearing in mind, my normal usage includes turning wifi+data off when not in use. Only SIM (calls/sms) is active 24/7. After about 3 years in 2023, the battery decline profile is still -12% for 24hrs as above. So I am very happy with the US$10 spent, it was labelled as original Samsung battery but I did not believe it then.

There were some battery usage data from the 17/18.1 Valera1978 thread that gave similar data points. BitGApps was then concluded to be least battery draining.

Last edited:

Kakakrroto

Jan 13, 2023
On T325 battery matters, I bought and replaced the battery (T4800U T4800E) with a US$10 version from Aliexpress. Before battery replacement on KitKat4.4, it will bootloop whenever the original battery falls to 80%, and 100%->80% can only last 30mins of use. This is the EOL experience in Nov 2020 for a battery that has been in use since Aug 2014.

After battery replacement, with LineageOS17/18.1+ BitGApps, the standby decline was only -2% overnight (12h), with wifi+data off. Normal usage was -10% for 24hrs, bearing in mind, my normal usage includes turning wifi+data off when not in use. Only SIM (calls/sms) is active 24/7. After about 3 years in 2023, the battery decline profile is still -12% for 24hrs as above. So I am very happy with the US$10 spent, it was labelled as original Samsung battery but I did not believe it then.

There were some battery usage data from the 17/18.1 Valera1978 thread that gave similar data points. BitGApps was then concluded to be least battery draining.
Was it difficult to change the battery? I found it in my country (Brazil) through the MercadoLibre platform with better prices than Aliexpress (and faster for being in the country).

arrakis_23

Jun 3, 2021
Was it difficult to change the battery? I found it in my country (Brazil) through the MercadoLibre platform with better prices than Aliexpress (and faster for being in the country).
There are many T320/T325 battery replacement videos on youtube, I watched several before attempting it. It was good because they show you all the points to pry open the tab and the screws location and the latch.

For me, I bought the $10 "Samsung" battery with very low expectations, so I was definitely surprised on the upside.

done it several times on mine changing batteries to and fro.
Once done, I didn't glue screen back to body again, it's just fixed by the bumper case.

Reactions: pocketrule

arrakis_23

Jun 3, 2021
May I know the purchase link?
The item has been delisted. That is also the problem with Aliexpress, the links last no longer than 6-12 months. Advertising warranty claims also should be taken with a pinch of salt, how can one claim warranty if the listing disappears after 6 months?!

As one other user pointed out, if there is possibility of going local, it will be better than the Aliexpress option, at least there is a physical shop you can go to for after sales/warranty claims.

But the usual Aliexpress pointers apply, i.e. buy from the 5-star top rated sellers with the highest good reviews. Do not overpay for "high capacity" batteries, these are often fake.

For me, the US$10 battery was a small gamble, even if it did not last, I will not be too bothered as I was not sure future Lineage support will exist after 17. But we (T320/T325 owners) were fortunate that this has been extended to Lineage 20!

Again, many many thanks to @Valera1978 and @phoval!

The_8A

Jan 31, 2023
So I’m unable to download anything from the browser and trying to install anything from the play store says there is no space even though there is. Anyone have the same problem or know how to fix if?

So I’m unable to download anything from the browser and trying to install anything from the play store says there is no space even though there is. Anyone have the same problem or know how to fix if?
What does it say when checking storage in settings?
Had that either on my T325 or a different device as well.
Somehow then the partitions got mangled up.
I'm not sure how I solved it then.
I either reinstalled stock firmware with or without repartitioning, or just reflashing LOS did it.
You did "format data" of course, did you?

The_8A

Jan 31, 2023
What does it say when checking storage in settings?
Had that either on my T325 or a different device as well.
Somehow then the partitions got mangled up.
I'm not sure how I solved it then.
I either reinstalled stock firmware with or without repartitioning, or just reflashing LOS did it.
You did "format data" of course, did you?
When I open the storage setting it tries to los up but crashes on me. I’m not sure if I did the format data thing but I’ll try to reinstall and see if that fixes it. And I’m not sure if I did the format data part but I’ll check that as well.

Does anyone know of an option to disable notifications when the screen is locked (screen off)? I want to be notified only when the screen is on or unlocked. because of battery consumption
Screen is settings -> display -> lock screen -> ambient display
Audio is just notification volume/do not disturb.
Edit: actually, are you just wanting the screen not to turn on or are you specifically wanting sounds when using it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this, you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check - please make backup. Better to store all partitions.

What works

• audio
    • bluetooth
    • brightness
    • call/LTE (mondrianlte)
    • camera
    • DRM
    • OTA
    • video
    • wifi
    • wifi display

What doesn't work
    • Back camera preview : wrong rotation on preview in default app Fixed build 20221204
    • SELinux Fixed build 20221130

Instructions:
    0. Patched TWRP for FOTA : mondrianwifi / mondrianlte
    1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended BiTGApps ARM 13]
    4. Install Magisk 25.2 (optionally)

Sources & Changes:
    Device tree mondrianwifi
    Device tree mondrianlte
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree mondrianwifi
    Vendor tree mondrianlte
    TWRP tree mondrianwifi
    TWRP tree mondrianlte

Download:
    Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors

ROM OS Version: 13.0

Version Information
    Nightlies

Created 2022-11-27
    Last Updated 2023-01-05
    Build for mondrianlte is now available. All should work even LTE.
    Big thanks to @bmwdroid for helping test builds.
    Hey all, thanks for this incredibly good ROM. It's really the best ROM ever for the tablet. If we can get the final settings adjusted, it would be a dream come true. Please, don't stop working on it - together we can get all the potential of our good old Tab Pro!!!!
    Imho it's finished for T325.
    Camera (both), Wlan WPA/WPA2 2,4 + 5GHz, mobile data, LTE, Bluetooth, speaker, headphones, mic, SD card 64GB, SELinux.
    Flashed with Bitgapps ARM v1.8 and Magisk.

GPS idk as to wet outside.
    Hey guys, any progress on the adoptable storage?
    If we get this last piece of the puzzle done, it will be the most perfect ROM EVER for the Tab.... for a Tab from 2014!
    Adoptable is not working. only crash occurs. Tried different things but haven't much time to look at it.
    microg is included in the new build.
    my tabelt is still slow, even with this built. i did a factory reset. even my battery is draining extremely.
    @bierma32 what is zram_ boot.IMG. can you provide me that file? can i flash it in twrp?

greetz
    Provide logcat.
    zram boot img was alpha kernel for test.
    The changes are includes since 2nd december build.