[ROM][T320][T325][Android 13] Unofficial LineageOS 20.0 Nightlies Tab Pro 8.4 Wifi/LTE (mondrianwifi/lte)

Search This thread
Yes, I did the clean install, I have no experience with magisk, or how to change the kernel, would you have a tutorial for that?
Download magisk and flash it through twrp like you did the rom.
Also maybe worth installing devcheck and watching the CPU clock. After everything settles down you should spend a notable amount of time with one core at 300MHz and others offline.

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
Can you try disable this flag in chrome://flags ?
Thank you for following up. This chrome issue on LOS20 was resolved with deep cleaning. I have a LOS18 backup where it reproduces, but the flags page falls under the same issue - the content is invisible, so can't test easily due to catch 22. But then my los18 auto-updated to the latest (newer than the version I originally reported) chrome and im happy to confirm the problem is gone. At this point the issue should be resolved for everyone. Thx again

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
Awesome! I bought a T320 just to try this one! I really enjoy the ROM, and really grateful to the developer, thank you! 🙏

I have also had random WiFi issues, to an extent even Bluetooth, but that one was minor.
I am also experiencing random reboots, anyone else too?
Then there is a small issue where I can't get vlc player to open files downloaded in Newpipe directly within Newpipe, but have to go through file explorer. But I get that on other devices with LOS, not sure what that is related to.

Despite all, it is still very usable for mediastreaming and such. Thanx again, @phoval!

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
To help troubleshoot random reboots, see post #1 below for how to gather logs to help developer.

https://xdaforums.com/t/...rs-running-any-version-of-android-10.4308203/
Of course, random reboots stopped now... 😄

I would, again, like to express my gratitude and admiration for the developer. This rom is so fluent it's amazing! Unbelievable that this works so well on a almost 10 year old device! 🙏

I am however, experiencing at times rather severe WiFi issues, like some other here, for instance @kmmo here above. And when the WiFi drops the device sees no networks and it doesn't immediately help to switch the wifi off and on again, might take a little time to find the networks.

Sometimes for instance music streaming to stereo through bluetooth can stutter violently when browsing just random sites that are not necessarily content-heavy. Other times no stutter even when web content is more demanding. I don't know what that is a sign of.

I am not experienced tester and not really sure how to pull logs, but I could try if that would help the developer regarding those issues, if he tries to fix them. @phoval ?

Otherwise I will just try to reflash the ROM and see what happens...

prkfsz

Jun 16, 2020
I can inform that there has been a drastic imrovement in the quality of the WiFi. And I am not really sure what that depends on. Only thing I've done was to install magisk and syslog - in preparation for taking logs to help the dev with the WiFi issue. Machines... :cautious:

So now for more than an hour I have only once seen that the WiFi signal has dropped but came back again by itself before it affected the music streaming I was doing from the device.

The bluetooth streaming itself has been quite steady until I opened the XDA page to write a new comment here. So now at the moments it's stuttering quite much but then calms down again. Do you need a log for that too, @phoval ?

------------------ EDIT ----------------------------

Aaaaaaaand there it was again. I guess the log is in order. Sending it on PM.

-------------------- EDIT 2 ------------------------

Or not. Anyone knows why it isn't possible to attach files to messages?

Last edited:
Sources in op seem outdated. It would be nice to update, even if I couldn't spot any changes that weren't from upstream.

I manually checked for Lineage os update and the update was confirmed. Is there a patch for Wi-Fi disconnection in the latest update?
There is a changelog on the download page that lists commits. It does show "Add sepolicy for qtiwifiservice to interact with IWifi hidl". Don't know if this is enough to fix it.

It seems to be a qualcomm specific change from upstream lineage https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/24b6f4de5642592add42fe74c9bac27f1d59cc31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this, you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

If you want to check - please make backup. Better to store all partitions.

What works

• audio
    • bluetooth
    • brightness
    • call/LTE (mondrianlte)
    • camera
    • DRM
    • OTA
    • video
    • wifi
    • wifi display

What doesn't work
    • Back camera preview : wrong rotation on preview in default app Fixed build 20221204
    • SELinux Fixed build 20221130

Instructions:
    0. Patched TWRP for FOTA : mondrianwifi / mondrianlte
    1. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
    2. Install ROM
    3. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended BiTGApps ARM 13]
    4. Install Magisk 25.2 (optionally)

Sources & Changes:
    Device tree mondrianwifi
    Device tree mondrianlte
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree mondrianwifi
    Vendor tree mondrianlte
    TWRP tree mondrianwifi
    TWRP tree mondrianlte

Download:
    Note to users: I'm not responsible if you brick your tablet. See the disclaimer above.

Contributors

ROM OS Version: 13.0

Version Information
    Nightlies

Created 2022-11-27
    Last Updated 2023-01-05
    Build for mondrianlte is now available. All should work even LTE.
    Big thanks to @bmwdroid for helping test builds.
    Hey all, thanks for this incredibly good ROM. It's really the best ROM ever for the tablet. If we can get the final settings adjusted, it would be a dream come true. Please, don't stop working on it - together we can get all the potential of our good old Tab Pro!!!!
    Imho it's finished for T325.
    Camera (both), Wlan WPA/WPA2 2,4 + 5GHz, mobile data, LTE, Bluetooth, speaker, headphones, mic, SD card 64GB, SELinux.
    Flashed with Bitgapps ARM v1.8 and Magisk.

GPS idk as to wet outside.
    Hey guys, any progress on the adoptable storage?
    If we get this last piece of the puzzle done, it will be the most perfect ROM EVER for the Tab.... for a Tab from 2014!
    Adoptable is not working. only crash occurs. Tried different things but haven't much time to look at it.
    microg is included in the new build.
    my tabelt is still slow, even with this built. i did a factory reset. even my battery is draining extremely.
    @bierma32 what is zram_ boot.IMG. can you provide me that file? can i flash it in twrp?

greetz
    Provide logcat.
    zram boot img was alpha kernel for test.
    The changes are includes since 2nd december build.