• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][T320][T325][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 | Android 10.0 Q 20210419

Search This thread

Mr.Norton

Dec 16, 2020
Uhm did anyone experience reboots and overall unstable system ?
I tried lineage 16,17.1,18.1 builds on my sm t325 (lte) and they all seem to crash a lot and are overall not running as great as they should on a snapdragon 800 device.
Also impossible to get any logs.
last_kmsg in /proc/sys/ is missing aswell as pstore in /sys/fs/
Last method would be trying grab a logcat but that´s a bit complicated.

Not sure if its either a hardware issue or software issue.
I got this tablet for free with almost no backround info.

Maybe anyone else can confirm those issues?
Thanks

Uhm did anyone experience reboots and overall unstable system ?
I tried lineage 16,17.1,18.1 builds on my sm t325 (lte) and they all seem to crash a lot and are overall not running as great as they should on a snapdragon 800 device.
Also impossible to get any logs.
last_kmsg in /proc/sys/ is missing aswell as pstore in /sys/fs/
Last method would be trying grab a logcat but that´s a bit complicated.

Not sure if its either a hardware issue or software issue.
I got this tablet for free with almost no backround info.

Maybe anyone else can confirm those issues?
Thanks
Mine T325 I've switched directly from 13 to 18.1 as all in-between were not stable for me.
BUT the 18.1 from valera1978 is rock solid.
Gotta admit that I didn't test BT and GPS yet.
Btw I doubt very much that 17 will get further updates as imo 18 is tremendously better.

I assume battery problems on yours as mine had reboots on 13 as well until I've replaced the battery.
From then on no more probs.

Last edited:
Mine T325 I've switched directly from 13 to 18.1 as all in-between were not stable for me.
BUT the 18.1 from valera1978 is rock solid.
Gotta admit that I didn't test BT and GPS yet.
Btw I doubt very much that 17 will get further updates as imo 18 is tremendously better.

I assume battery problems on yours as mine had reboots on 13 as well until I've replaced the battery.
From then on no more probs.
You're right.
Seems like the more the battery percentage decreases, the more often it will randomly crash.
Hmm the preowner said he replaced the battery and in fact the cell was manufactured in 2017.
Also weird, sometimes the battery percentage drops by 10-20% after a crash/reboot.

Well can you recommend an aftermarket brand for new batteries?
If they're not too expensive, i might give it a try as it's pretty easy to replace the battery.

You're right.
Seems like the more the battery percentage decreases, the more often it will randomly crash.
Hmm the preowner said he replaced the battery and in fact the cell was manufactured in 2017.
Also weird, sometimes the battery percentage drops by 10-20% after a crash/reboot.

Well can you recommend an aftermarket brand for new batteries?
If they're not too expensive, i might give it a try as it's pretty easy to replace the battery.
These were the symptoms I encountered on mine as well before changing the battery.

Regarding supplier I'm sorry but as all are manufactured in China by probably multiple producers I just bought one and hoped to get a sufficient one which I did.
Even any logos or whatever I don't trust any longer.
If you by it in a local shop you can at least claim replacement if it fails.
Payed 12€ for mine in a german ebay shop I bought previously from and trusted therefore.
You better look for T320 or T4800. The ebay item 292556314929 would fit.

Reactions: pocketrule
These were the symptoms I encountered on mine as well before changing the battery.

Regarding supplier I'm sorry but as all are manufactured in China by probably multiple producers I just bought one and hoped to get a sufficient one which I did.
Even any logos or whatever I don't trust any longer.
If you by it in a local shop you can at least claim replacement if it fails.
Payed 12€ for mine in a german ebay shop I bought previously from and trusted therefore.
You better look for T320 or T4800. The ebay item 292556314929 would fit.
I was looking at greencell and cellonic replacements.
They cost about 20€ but maybe they´re also a good replacement for the money idk.
I don´t trust superimposed and fake batteries aswell.
So i think some third party, high quality replacement is the best choice

Half of me wants to just dive right in with this, but half of me is afraid. It's been my (admittedly limited) that forcing firmware too far above what the device was designed for makes it sluggish. I did this with an older model tablet and it became extremely slow.

Has anyone noticed a slowdown with this? Part of me feels like I should just update it to android 5 or 6.

jass56

Nov 25, 2010
K'town
Hi,
first of all, thank you so much for your work and your help! Even I as a (nearly) computer illiterate was able to flash LOS18 to a P905 and LOS17.1 to a T525. It took me 3 days, but now it seems to work, except the video camera. It says "Could not start media recorder". Is there something I can do about that? Tried to find anything on the net, but no result so far.
Any help would be deeply appreciated.

SM-T525, LOS17.1 20210419, opengapps pico

jass56

Nov 25, 2010
K'town
Oh sorry, I tried to read everything I could about LOS17.1, guess I got stuck here by accident.
But I thought it might be eventually a general problem with LOS17.1.

Oh sorry, I tried to read everything I could about LOS17.1, guess I got stuck here by accident.
But I thought it might be eventually a general problem with LOS17.1.
No need to be sorry.
Most of us with T320/325 probably switched to 18.1 from same dev already (or should have 😉)
18.1 is rock solid on my T325.
Found no bugs yet and it is available for T525 as well.
Might be worth a try.

DM_ZH

Aug 8, 2021
Hi, please help - "recent apps" hardware button not working. In "Keys" section of Setting changes does not effect. I try set action "recent apps" to hw homescreen button - no result too.
when i install Nova Louncher i freeze Trebuchet, and "recent app" is a part of trebuchet:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts