[ROM][T320][T325][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 | Android 10.0 Q 20210419

Search This thread
For those of you looking to try these tweaks:

Disabling Android Go mode (enables split-screen, PIP, multiple users): ro.config.low_ram is a parameter in the build.prop file. Here's a guide to editing build.prop using ADB on a PC.

Editing the zram size: You need to edit the file fstab.qcom file in the path /system/vendor/etc/. The method is essentially the same as editing build.prop.

Find the line that reads:
Code:
/dev/block/zram0                                    none            swap    defaults zramsize=25%,max_comp_streams=4,swapprio=10,notrim

Replace "defaults zramsize=25%,max_comp_streams=4,swapprio=10,notrim" with " defaults zramsize=50%,max_comp_streams=4".

I've made both of these changes successfully, although I can't tell if the zram change actually has any effect on performance. Would be interested to hear what others are seeing.
Any reason for getting rid of swaprio and notrim? I would probably just change zramsize only, but I haven't tried it.

genericfu

Apr 11, 2015
Any reason for getting rid of swaprio and notrim? I would probably just change zramsize only, but I haven't tried it.

I just used the exact parameters that were linked to in the post.

Removing swapprio or notrim shouldn't make a difference.
  • swapprio sets which swap partition is preferred if there are multiple swap partitions. But this device only has one swap partition (source).
  • notrim disables TRIM operations on the selected partition. Based on some googling, it appears that the Linux kernel handles TRIM for swap partitions, so there's a good chance the notrim parameter in fstab doesn't do anything in this case (source 1, source 2).

Pacote-san

Apr 2, 2008
I just used the exact parameters that were linked to in the post.

Removing swapprio or notrim shouldn't make a difference.
  • swapprio sets which swap partition is preferred if there are multiple swap partitions. But this device only has one swap partition (source).
  • notrim disables TRIM operations on the selected partition. Based on some googling, it appears that the Linux kernel handles TRIM for swap partitions, so there's a good chance the notrim parameter in fstab doesn't do anything in this case (source 1, source 2).

The post you linked says nowhere to remove notrim or swapprio

It just says to change zram to 40-50% so there's no need to remove the other values.

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
>> change "ro.config.low_ram=true" to false
This is a brilliant find, thank you @Garry050 ! Super helpful to get the useful features back.

>> also i recommend change zram size. like 40~50%
Mulled over it and elected not to pursue, respectfully. In fact, I rather disable zram if could do it via config (short of rebuilding the kernel). zram gives u ability to run more things or bigger things at the expense of cpu and therfore battery. I rather prioritize better performance (less cpu overhead, more uncompressed ram) and battery life over ability to run more apps concurrently. I'm ok with an OOM kill if running too much at once. Although haven't seen it yet, if happens will clean up memory and restart. A good primer: https://xdaforums.com/t/info-what-is-zram-and-how-does-it-work.2023568/#post-34877656

>> Is there any way to get the IR Blaster to work?
It works in a specific use case - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ir.remote.smg.tv&hl=en_US&gl=US with a Samsung TV. Works inconsistently tho. Could be app, tv, or perhaps issues in the T320 port - don't care to investigate as there are better remote control options.

Reactions: pocketrule

genericfu

Apr 11, 2015
The post you linked says nowhere to remove notrim or swapprio

It just says to change zram to 40-50% so there's no need to remove the other values.
I didn't say in the post; I said "linked to in the post." If you look at it closely, it links to a github commit showing an fstab.qcom file where the other two values have been removed from the zram config.

You obviously don't have to remove them if you don't want to, but as I mentioned, they probably don't do anything.

genericfu

Apr 11, 2015
Mentioned in the reddit post, but try turning off Audio FX, or at least virtualizer. I'm not sure I was having the exact same problem, though.
Nice tip! Turning off AudioFX fixed glitchy audio in a couple of games for me. This is on the Dec build without headphones. I don't remember ever turning it on, so I'm guessing it's on by default (and probably shouldn't be).

genericfu

Apr 11, 2015
>> also i recommend change zram size. like 40~50%
Mulled over it and elected not to pursue, respectfully. In fact, I rather disable zram if could do it via config (short of rebuilding the kernel). zram gives u ability to run more things or bigger things at the expense of cpu and therfore battery. I rather prioritize better performance (less cpu overhead, more uncompressed ram) and battery life over ability to run more apps concurrently. I'm ok with an OOM kill if running too much at once. Although haven't seen it yet, if happens will clean up memory and restart. A good primer: https://xdaforums.com/t/info-what-is-zram-and-how-does-it-work.2023568/#post-34877656
FWIW, I did some more reading on zram and it looks like Fedora Linux recently changed their default zram setting from 50% to 100% of physical RAM size. Chrome OS, which used to ship on a lot of devices with 2GB of RAM, sets zram to 150% of physical RAM size (source 1, source 2).

I'm not saying any of these values are what's best for the Tab Pro, but a value in the 50% range doesn't seem crazy to me.

pikemacho2

May 13, 2021
Bilbao
Hello, you would be so kind to tell me how to deactivate the 3 touches on the screen to zoom. When I play games, touching the screen zooms in and is very annoying, thanks

ppav1776

Nov 12, 2010
Utrecht
I'm trying to upgrade the T320 from perfectly working but obsolete CM13 to any recent LOS version. So far only got it working properly on LOS18.1, but the battery life - when not used at all with SystemPanel2 running - is decreasing 2 folds: from 5-6 days (on CM13 including 40 apps) to max 3 days (on LOS18.1 including netmgrd workaround). In both cases I've optimised apps as much as possible, but without root.

Question: The LOS17.1 looks as more polished. Are any special tricks (like another kernel) under LOS17.1 (or LOS18), where I could get the same or better battery life compared to CM13?

Or /system/vendor is so obsolete, that I would never get anything like CM13 on any LOS?

myarnav

Mar 15, 2014
HI @bartekm01 @otyg

Successfully installed this rom but mic was not working hence looked for TWRP but found twrp was overwritten with lineage recovery.

Accidentally re-flashed rom using Lineage Recovery but gapps( pico) did not install with lineage recovery giving error 70 ( insufficient system space). Hence the rom is now not booting.

Now I am stuck with lineage recovery and a rom that won't boot since gapps is not there.

To install TWRP - I made a mistake i.e.
I tried installing twrp.tar (realised i should have used img) using samsung Odin tool , but post doing this tablet is not detecting any USB connection for odin anymore

Need help on what to do?

Thanks for your help, I have been at it for few days without any resolution

Last edited:
@myarnav which device?
dunno if it'll help as I dunno Lineage recovery
Can it flash .zip to recovery partition?
If yes try flashing last twrp****.zip for it.
From that on flash latest twrp***.img.

My T325 btw is on LOS18.1 already.
17.1 development might be ceased anyway.

It wasn't a mistake you've made as Odin wouldn't flash .img.

myarnav

Mar 15, 2014
@myarnav which device?
dunno if it'll help as I dunno Lineage recovery
Can it flash .zip to recovery partition?
If yes try flashing last twrp****.zip for it.
From that on flash latest twrp***.img.

My T325 btw is on LOS18.1 already.
17.1 development might be ceased anyway.

It wasn't a mistake you've made as Odin wouldn't flash .img.
Thanks for responding. Using sm T320. I wanted to know whether I can flash twrp from lineage , if anyone has done this

Thanks for responding. Using sm T320. I wanted to know whether I can flash twrp from lineage , if anyone has done this
As I wrote, if Lineage recovery can flash a .zip onto its own partition, this should work.
TWRP can overwrite its own version.
Maybe you're the first to try.
Haven't much to loose, have you?
As long as it isn't found by Odin via USB you can't even go back to stock in order to start from scratch.
Can you post a pic of lineage recovery options?

Edit as I've found a pic: advanced options are which?

Last edited:
@myarnav Gapps are not! needed for booting the system.
If it doesn't boot, it's not installed correctly.
Tried flashing another ROM/download?
And please provide more information about settings.
KIES installed?
Which Odin used?
Tried full wipe + "Format Data" or equivalent in Lineage recovery before flashing?

Top Liked Posts