• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][T320][T325][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 | Android 11 | 20210509

Search This thread
hi there again.
I was trying to start my own build with the sources provided in post #1 and got this error:

Code:
[ 50% 221/438] including device/samsung/mondrianlte/Android.mk ...
FAILED:
device/samsung/mondrianlte/gps/core/Android.mk: error: libloc_core: LOCAL_COPY_HEADERS is obsolete. See https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/+/master/Changes.md#copy_headers
In file included from build/make/core/shared_library.mk:59:
In file included from device/samsung/mondrianlte/Android.mk:20:
In file included from device/samsung/mondrianlte/gps/Android.mk:17:
In file included from device/samsung/mondrianlte/gps/core/Android.mk:44:
build/make/core/shared_library.mk:60: error: done.
15:58:16 ckati failed with: exit status 1
[email protected]:/mnt/2bb36134-bafd-48c0-b51e-28a2738332ce/android/lineage_18.1_sm-t325$

Any ideas?
I'd also like to include the ability to enable/disable the navbar and disable hw keys.
It's present on some lineage builds for some devices.
Probably a lineage overlay that has to be enabled somewhere?
I was looking at this but idk if this is the implementation i'm looking for.
You need to port this commit.
Some others are needed for functional build.
Here my repo : device, kernel, vendor

Here the build if someone want to try : builds
Support in this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: pocketrule

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-131715.png
    Screenshot_20210825-131715.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 12

whitecat525

Feb 28, 2006
I had backup all partitions.
But how can i restore original efs parts?

BTW, can i save t325 efs parts via
commands below:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=512

And restore them via fastboot?

Tks.

Last edited:
I had backup all partitions.
But how can i restore original efs parts?

BTW, can i save t324 efs parts via
commands below:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p10 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin bs=512
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=512

And restore them via fastboot?

Tks.
If you made a backup with TWRP it should ask you where to restore it, but I've never tried with EFS yet myself.
Restored only others.

Fastboot does not work on Samsungs.

Thanks for the information and let me know there is no fastboot for Samsung.
:)
You're welcome.
Did you check if the partitions, named in the adb command, are the right ones?
Btw is the TWRP you have on your T325 capable of backing up EFS?
On mine none ever could do it as option isn't available. From 2.8.7 until latest.
Do you know this thread?

Last edited:

whitecat525

Feb 28, 2006
You're welcome.
Did you check if the partitions, named in the adb command, are the right ones?
Btw is the TWRP you have on your T325 capable of backing up EFS?
On mine none ever could do it as option isn't available. From 2.8.7 until latest.
Do you know this thread?
You are right! I didnot noticte that there had no EFS partition existed in TWRP... (Only SYSTEM/DATA/CACHE related partitions... I had used latest '3.5.2_9' TWRP)

I just read other posts that they can restore all IMEI/MAC... when they missed them after flash customized ROM... So i had already flash this ROM after 'WIPE ALL' ... Luckly, i still got my IMEI, MAC, BT ADDR...

On my OLD Nexus phone, i can backup the EFS via TWRP. But i don't really know how to backup T325's EFS now... Even i checked the thread link, it seems that i used wrong commands to backup EFS information...

@whitecat525 yesterday I tried to use commends I found online.
My EFS is in mmcblock0p11.
Used "adb shell" and "mount" to confirm what I saw in "Diskinfo" app.
Always got "permission denied" as a result when using the "dd...." command.
"Total commander" app is able (like other file explorers with admin rights) to copy at least the content of "EFS" folder to SD card.
Will carry on trying and tell you when I had success.

whitecat525

Feb 28, 2006
@whitecat525 yesterday I tried to use commends I found online.
My EFS is in mmcblock0p11.
Used "adb shell" and "mount" to confirm what I saw in "Diskinfo" app.
Always got "permission denied" as a result when using the "dd...." command.
"Total commander" app is able (like other file explorers with admin rights) to copy at least the content of "EFS" folder to SD card.
Will carry on trying and tell you when I had success.
@bmwdroid, if you had already confirmed the EFS is in mmcblock0p11...
I think you can try to dump the EFS part via TWRP with following actions:
1) Boot with TWRP
2) Advanced >> Terminal
3) Type following command and press enter
"dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin bs=512"

And you can find the file "modemst2.bin" generated in SDCARD.
Then the EFS backup file can be copied to PC.
That's what i do before... But i am not very sure the mmc block is really EFS parts.

Thanks for all your replies and the help :)

@whitecat525 Thanks for your suggestion.
That was actually what I was planning to do next but being a lazy guy I tried to avoid all that typing.
While in Linux console I could copy and paste but in TWRP not.
So I did a bit of searching and found that app "Partitions Backup & restore" which I tested already and it's working fine.
Even creates Odin-flashable .tar files (.tar.gz and .img as well) and it suites my laziness very much. ;)
Load of partitions possible to save separatly.
Although it can restore I'd rather would do it with Odin but I will not test restoring without having to.
Btw "Diskinfo" output I've compared with console "mount" output and they seem to be matching regarding the partition names/numbers.
Edit: attached screenshot of Partition backup app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210830-210719_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210830-210719_Trebuchet.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20210831-010604_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210831-010604_Trebuchet.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

whitecat525

Feb 28, 2006
@whitecat525 Thanks for your suggestion.
That was actually what I was planning to do next but being a lazy guy I tried to avoid all that typing.
While in Linux console I could copy and paste but in TWRP not.
So I did a bit of searching and found that app "Partitions Backup & restore" which I tested already and it's working fine.
Even creates Odin-flashable .tar files (.tar.gz and .img as well) and it suites my laziness very much. ;)
Load of partitions possible to save separatly.
Although it can restore I'd rather would do it with Odin but I will not test restoring without having to.
Btw "Diskinfo" output I've compared with console "mount" output and they seem to be matching regarding the partition names/numbers.
Edit: attached screenshot of Partition backup app.
@bmwdroid , Thanks for sharing the useful information. :)
Now, i finally knew all MMC partitions info and what command i should use to backup them!
I will try the partition backup app you suggested. :D

BTW, i didnot notice my T325 had 9h sleeping issue...
If i got the same issue you post... i will share related info with you!

Reactions: bmwdroid

kwacorn

Aug 21, 2021
I have managed to install this SM-T320 ROM to my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 without problem, thanks to @Valera1978 for building it, it looks good. However I have discovered a couple of problem issues:

First: Generally it will not connect to encrypted WiFi and only some with no encryption. My home WiFi is WPA2-Personal, I tried setting it to 'none' to test an unencrypted connection and that too would not connect. It would however connect to my netbook set to operate as a WiFi Hotspot with no encryption but not if it is encrypted. It will connect to a mobile phone (Android 6.0.1) acting as a Hotspot with the same SSID as my home network, though that appears to be an encrypted connection! And it will also connect to an open WiFi network at my local cafe.

Internet searches show people have had problems with WPA2-Enterprise connections with Android 11, but I have found no mention of WPA2-Personal (I don't have the option of an Enterprise connection).

I am puzzled as to what to do next. If anyone can offer suggestions for a solution to this or point me to existing solutions I would appreciate that.

Second: I have the following problem too, the date and time reset to the build date on every boot:
Did anyone figure out the issue where the time and date resets to the build date on every reboot? Everything else seems to work great, but this issue is driving me nuts!
My internet searches have so far not discovered a solution, so again if anyone could point me to suggestions or solutions to fix it it would be appreciated.

I am new to the forum, this is my first post, and new to installing ROMs, so I am familiar with neither as yet.

kwacorn

Aug 21, 2021
I have managed to install this SM-T320 ROM to my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 without problem, thanks to @Valera1978 for building it, it looks good. However I have discovered a couple of problem issues:
Second: I have the following problem too, the date and time reset to the build date on every boot
This problem was fixed by me updating to the latest ROM built by @phoval, 2021-Aug-31 at the time, as pointed to by his post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...htlies-tab-pro-8-4-wifi-mondrianwifi.3493348/.

racingkoala

May 13, 2009
I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Trying to install this ROM on my SM-T320. I have ADB working properly, I have flashed TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 on the SM-T320. I have wiped and formatted everything. But when I try to sideload lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi.zip I get the following errors after transferring 17% of the image:

error "E1001: Failed to update system image
E:unknown command [retry_update]
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1.

Any ideas, anyone?

TIA

Top Liked Posts