• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][T320][T325][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 | Android 11 | 20210509

Search This thread

Kippy51

Mar 11, 2015
Haren (Ems)
'TWRP sideload from ADB' I don't know what that is, sorry. Just start the phone in TWRP, hit install, go to the map you have the ROM zip in (internal or external) and select it. Go to Magisk (if you need it) and add it, add your gapps and flash the lot. Reboot to system and all should be well!

Reactions: pocketrule

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Trying to install this ROM on my SM-T320. I have ADB working properly, I have flashed TWRP 3.5.2_9-0 on the SM-T320. I have wiped and formatted everything. But when I try to sideload lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi.zip I get the following errors after transferring 17% of the image:

error "E1001: Failed to update system image
E:unknown command [retry_update]
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1.
Often, when there are errors during flashing, it's because of a corrupted zip file. The error message maybe is because of another problem but just to be sure, you should check if the zip is correct. md5 sum is: 6bd311d8e221bf6071fd83f930c1d368

racingkoala

May 13, 2009
'TWRP sideload from ADB' I don't know what that is, sorry. Just start the phone in TWRP, hit install, go to the map you have the ROM zip in (internal or external) and select it. Go to Magisk (if you need it) and add it, add your gapps and flash the lot. Reboot to system and all should be well!

This is what I did:

1) I downloaded the first link ( lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi.zip ) on the first post of this thread to my windows laptop.
2) I wiped all the partitions on the tablet using TWRP.
3) Clicked on "advanced" followed by "ADB Sideload" on TWRP
4) Connected the tablet to the laptop with a USB cable.
5) Typed "adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi.zip" in a command prompt on windows
... the process starts both on windows and on the tablet but cancels after a while with the message I posted above.

I have also tried:
3) copied lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-mondrianwifi.zip to an sd card.
4) Clicked "install" and selected the zip file on the sd card. Selected "Zip signature" and swiped to confirm.
... Zip signature is verified, the process starts, but after a while, same error!

Is there any other way to install this image?

Kippy51

Mar 11, 2015
Haren (Ems)
@racingkoala What I would try next is (if you have a recent backup of your data), is put ROM zip, Magisk and gapps zip on a external SD. Check the md5's as pocketrule suggested. Boot up in TWRP, wipe, advanced wipe. Check everything but ext SD and otg. Go back and format data (where you have to type 'yes') and then install all files again. Other then that I'm at a loss.

@racingkoala when I saw your last post my 1st thought was what @Kippy51 had just suggested:
"Fornat Data" although in your 1st post you've said to have formatted everything.

Somewhere I've read a solution for another Samsung device to change partitions filesystem in TWRP to and fro. So 1st to f2fs and then back to ext4. Never necessary for me but might help.

Another idea might be to try older ROM files.

Owning a T325 I can only confirm for these specific ROMs that they work(ed) all on mine.

racingkoala

May 13, 2009
Thanks all. Something I didn't say was that the reason for my attempts was that the tablet froze one day, and never recovered. Always hung on the Samsung logo on startup. Even resetting to factory did not help. So may be it's a hardware fault, though why twrp works but fails an install, is puzzling. I'll try the other suggestions before I give up.

Kippy51

Mar 11, 2015
Haren (Ems)
Thanks all. Something I didn't say was that the reason for my attempts was that the tablet froze one day, and never recovered. Always hung on the Samsung logo on startup. Even resetting to factory did not help. So may be it's a hardware fault, though why twrp works but fails an install, is puzzling. I'll try the other suggestions before I give up.
That makes it a bit clearer! Have you tried flashing stock firmware with Odin? And start from scratch?

martin_tz

Oct 5, 2021
Hello! I'm very new to all of this and have been reading for the past few hours to try and get familiar with all the options and processes for getting my SM-T325 a bit up to date as some apps I use it for no longer support the original KitKat is stopped at. I see there has been a tremendous amount of work put in this direction by Valera1978 and others and I'd like to thank everyone involved. You guys are absolutely awesome!

That being said I hope I can get some assistance in getting oriented. I'm looking to update my T325 to something more modern that is at least somewhat stable and mostly works. The tab is mostly used by my kid and myself for watching movies on Plex. Some time ago they updated the OS version requirement and it now has to be Android 6+ for it to work so I decided it's time to try and bring it up a notch. After some reading I get the impression LineageOS is what I need and apparently if I'm updating anyway I might as well go all the way up.

One of the major needs for me along with the 6+ version is to keep the internet access working (both WIFI + mobile data). I saw on a some other threads for previous versions that there seemed to have been problems with this. Can someone confirm both WIFI and mobile data work mostly fine here?

Also, once I start to flash the files from the OP do I need to do all of them in order from oldest to newest or do the newer ones include the older ones and I can just do the base one and then the most recent one?

What I've done so far was to root the Tab (now I have SuperSU on) and install the most recent version of TWRP I managed to get from the official app. I also did a full backup. Is that all that I need to do before I start flashing the files from the OP or would something more be recommended?

Also, in case I decide I want to go back to the original state of the Tab do I just restore from that backup or do I need to find an official image of that stock rom and flash that in the same way?

I apologize if some or even all of this has been covered previously but I could only find so much on my own and as I said this is still pretty new to me.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and making all of this possible!

..... watching movies on Plex.
Don't know that so I can't assure it'll work.
.. Can someone confirm both WIFI and mobile data work mostly fine here?
Check. On my T325 both work whenever I need them.
Also, once I start to flash the files from the OP do I need to do all of them in order from oldest to newest or do the newer ones include the older ones and I can just do the base one and then the most recent one?
Only latest one necessary.
What I've done so far was to root the Tab (now I have SuperSU on) and install the most recent version of TWRP I managed to get from the official app.
That's all you need for upgrading. Magisk is the new SU. My recommendation is OpenGapps pico to flash after successfully flashing thr ROM.
I also did a full backup. Is that all that I need to do before I start flashing the files from the OP or would something more be recommended?
Wipe everything (except SD) plus "Format Data"
Also, in case I decide I want to go back to the original state of the Tab do I just restore from that backup or do I need to find an official image of that stock rom and flash that in the same way?
Wipe again and restore backups is all you'll need to do.
Latest stock can be still downloaded and flashed via Odin but restoring should work.

martin_tz

Oct 5, 2021
Don't know that so I can't assure it'll work.

Check. On my T325 both work whenever I need them.

Only latest one necessary.

That's all you need for upgrading. Magisk is the new SU. My recommendation is OpenGapps pico to flash after successfully flashing thr ROM.

Wipe everything (except SD) plus "Format Data"

Wipe again and restore backups is all you'll need to do.
Latest stock can be still downloaded and flashed via Odin but restoring should work.
All of that is very helpful, thank you, bmwdroid!

I'm almost ready to begin but I have one last question. I went through tens of articles on flashing custom roms and pretty much everyone claimed that I need to unlock the device's bootloader. The problem is that I'm missing the "OEM unlocking" toggle in the settings. I have the feeling it was there initially when it was in it's original state as I think I saw it when I enabled the developer options menu but maybe I'm imagining things. The fact is that it's currently not visible. I tried some suggestions on how to get it back by setting the date 8+ days back and manually request software update but doing this a few times didn't seem to work. I also tried via the ADB software but apparently I'm doing something wrong in there as I can't get it to recognize the device.

I also read somewhere else that this specific tab may not need that in the first place as Odin is being used for flashing. Is this true and am I wasting my time with this? What would happen if I tried flashing and my bootloader is still locked? Will the tab get bricked beyond recovery?

martin_tz

Oct 5, 2021
Can anyone help why Gapps didn't work on T320N Wifi? Falshed the OS but after that i cannot install Gapps or Bitgapps. Says isnt compatible with OS.
I'm very new to this and maybe talking out of my ass but did you make sure to get the correct version (both OS and architecture) of the packages you're trying to flash?

For example I'm going with Bitgapps as they were recommended. In the respective thread there are 2 distinct lists of downloads - one for arm and another for arm64 based devices. This is the first thing you need to figure out - which is for you. Then, from the correct list you need to pick the packaged that corresponds to the OS version you're going with. Since you're seeking help in here that is likely Android 11 so you should be looking for the 11.0.0 version.

Again, I'm new to this but I'm making educated guesses based on what I've been reading.

All of that is very helpful, thank you, bmwdroid!

I'm almost ready to begin but I have one last question. I went through tens of articles on flashing custom roms and pretty much everyone claimed that I need to unlock the device's bootloader. The problem is that I'm missing the "OEM unlocking" toggle in the settings. I have the feeling it was there initially when it was in it's original state as I think I saw it when I enabled the developer options menu but maybe I'm imagining things. The fact is that it's currently not visible. I tried some suggestions on how to get it back by setting the date 8+ days back and manually request software update but doing this a few times didn't seem to work. I also tried via the ADB software but apparently I'm doing something wrong in there as I can't get it to recognize the device.

I also read somewhere else that this specific tab may not need that in the first place as Odin is being used for flashing. Is this true and am I wasting my time with this? What would happen if I tried flashing and my bootloader is still locked? Will the tab get bricked beyond recovery?
As far as I remember this/our device has no locked bootloader.
If it's locked and your trying to flash it just want work.
And if it's locked Odin wouldn't help anyway.
My T810 and T825 were locked, my P900 and P605 weren't.

Btw it's helpful to put @ before the name you want to address as that results in a notice for that person.

martin_tz

Oct 5, 2021
All done! Everything seems to be working as expected at first glance. Connectivity is fine, Plex is running nicely (main goal achieved!). Thanks @bmwdroid for the assistance, it helped me a lot! I didn't run into any bootloader issues so I suppose you were right and that was never a problem in the first place. So far everything seems to be pretty great!

Top Liked Posts