[ROM][T320][T325][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 | Android 11 | 20210509

Search This thread

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016
new build is up, and despite the announcement (only "april security patch") there have been some other major changes 👍️

And I almost can't believe it: Encryption is fixed now (at least partially). It was broken since some versions for this device. Now the device first boots to the input dialogue for the password to decrypt before starting the system. Thank you @Valera1978 !!!!

Some Issues have gone:
* MTP now works - I can copy files to / from tablet 👍️
* Magisk works (v22.1) - has to be flashed twice (first as zip in twrp and second as app in system)
* serial console message no longer appears

New Error:
In TWRP data can not be mounted when it's encrypted. I don't know if it's due to TWRP or the implementation of the encryption in the rom. I fear, that this could result in errors when trying to update the rom.

Still present errors
* USB debugging

Didn't test Audio Calls VoIP

yxo 6o6uka

Dec 14, 2018
US Eastern Time Zone
Your brilliant service to the Tab Pro public is much appreciated, @Valera1978 !

Question to folks who tried both 17.1 & 18.1. What benefits of 18.1 (11) make the this tab tangibly "better" in your experience? We all know android 11 vs 10 change log. Would be nice to hear about 18.1 improvements that users found particularly useful on tab pro.

Reactions: Craftyawesome

reachforthesky

Apr 28, 2012
First, a big thank to Valera1978 to keep this old tablet going.
I just upgraded my T320 from 17.1 to 18.1. Wiped Data and Cache then installed new zip. It first booted back to recovery. Reinstalled and booted to recovery again. Repeat. Then magically success .
I noticed WiFi was not stable - random dropoff and reconnect.
So I reinstalled the 18.1 zip plus Mondrian lineage17'new WiFi zip. No. It booted into Download mode. Had to reinstall without the WiFi zip. The WiFi dropoffs persist.

May be we need a new WiFi fix zip for 18.1? I have zero understanding of how the fix works.

Last edited:

M0lle

Jul 28, 2014
Helsinki
I just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1. Wipe Data and Cache then install new zip.
You should always do a full wipe when going from one major release to another. When I updated my T525 from 17.1 to 18.1, I did the following:
  1. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Data
  2. Flash ROM and BitGapps
  3. Wipe internal storage
  4. Boot to system

You should always do a full wipe when going from one major release to another. When I updated my T525 from 17.1 to 18.1, I did the following:
  1. Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, System, Data
  2. Flash ROM and BitGapps
  3. Wipe internal storage
  4. Boot to system
I did a bit differently:
Wiped everything plus "Format Data"
Flashed ROM,
tested pure system which worked
then flashed BitGapps, tested, worked
flashed Magisk 21, tested, worked (then updated),
No WiFi issues and everything else is fine. (SIM, BT not tested yet)
Great job @Valera1978 thank you ever so much.

Reactions: pocketrule

reachforthesky

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe I misunderstood the wipe functions.

I left all the install zip, IMG files in internal storage for easier install without the use of PC. That's why I did not wipe internal storage.

I just reinstalled 18.1 after wiping Dalvik cache, Cache, data, and system.

Will see if WiFi is stable. If not, then will wipe and format everything.

.....I left all the install zip, IMG files in internal storage for easier install without the use of PC. That's why I did not wipe internal storage. .....
Of course you can't wipe internal storage if you have no SD card.
I use one with all files for all the devices and insert it only when needed.

reachforthesky

Apr 28, 2012
I am not knowledge enough to call this a bug or rom-related issue.
I jump from stock ROM to 17.1. Did not have a chance to use the tablet much. Within a week, thanks to Valera1978's new build, I upgraded to 18.1. Then I realized the "Device not certificated" problem. I upgraded Magisk so it passed the SafetyNet test. I lookup up the Google Devices Framework ID and registered the ID, still no go.

Finally I spoof the ID by running Magiskhide Props Config. I could only pick an ID from Samsung Tab 4. OK Device got certificated . But Netflix apk is not showing up in Play Store because of the incompatibility issue. I read somewhere this spoofing app may not work with Android 11.

Any thought?

• Wow
Reactions: tiznada

ppav1776

Nov 12, 2010
Utrecht
Does somebody installed it? Battery life is the same or better?

I've tried to find an issue with apps using SystemPanel2, but it looks as related to the ROM itself - in 3 days, even without any use including apps, it empties the battery :( Compared with 5-6 days on CM13.

PS: I've applied the WiFi fix (mondrian_lineage17_new_wifi.zip) and the netmgrd workaround.

Does somebody installed it? Battery life is the same or better?

I've tried to find an issue with apps using SystemPanel2, but it looks as related to the ROM itself - in 3 days, even without any use including apps, it empties the battery :( Compared with 5-6 days on CM13.

PS: I've applied the WiFi fix (mondrian_lineage17_new_wifi.zip) and the netmgrd workaround.
Installed what? This ROM yes of course.
Imho better to be with my T325 on an up-to-date ROM with a not so good battery performance than using a five year old ROM even if battery is used better.

ppav1776

Nov 12, 2010
Utrecht
Imho better to be with my T325 on an up-to-date ROM with a not so good battery performance than using a five year old ROM even if battery is used better.
Depends on somebody's usage, of course.
When too much work, I might be not be touching it for several days.
Meaning: with old ROM it would still have some battery left, with new one - battery would be damaged a bit due to full discharge.
PS: Both 2x T320 we have still have decent battery life from the _original_ batteries, all due to CM13 and that we care about them ;-)

Depends on somebody's usage, of course.
When too much work, I might be not be touching it for several days.
Meaning: with old ROM it would still have some battery left, with new one - battery would be damaged a bit due to full discharge.
PS: Both 2x T320 we have still have decent battery life from the _original_ batteries, all due to CM13 and that we care about them ;-)
I use also very rarely and it has still as well the original battery.
Charging perhaps once a week or even longer.
Perhaps the T320 behaves differently.

pocketrule

Sep 23, 2016

Top Liked Posts