[ROM][T710/T715][9.x] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
- twrp 3.2.0+ with treble support https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78708796&postcount=2
- backup everything before install including efs partition
- wipe cache and vendor partitions before install

Install:
- Flash zip in compatible TWRP
- Don't forget about gapps (arm 9.0)

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Doesn't work:
RIL

Download:
0207 build
T710: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VScAyyvr8WcAseGAFVmIM4DPd2-Q1Us6
T715: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q7oHTyV_JJGG3B56h0Wd_QiUsKn6hVzg

Device sources:
https://github.com/bonuzzz

Last edited:

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
Hi, thank you for the build, awesome! I was going to install LOS 15 but now I'll go directly for this one. I'll tell you how it goes

Sent from my Aquaris M5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hockron

Hockron

Nov 11, 2018
Hello bonuzzz thanks for your hard work, I think there is not a lot of change to do but can you make a lineage rom 16.0 for t810. Thank you in advance.

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
This project is suspended. Maybe temporarily, maybe not. I tried to estimate how much time I need to get it stable and to be honest I don't want to have deal with it. As I know few developers are already working on lineage16 since november. Maybe they will upload anything to public. What about me, I don't want to spend months and some day one dev just kang my work again. Thanks for understanding.

Reactions: lennartg and EVOLw

mtnez.david

Jun 10, 2015
This project is suspended. Maybe temporarily, maybe not. I tried to estimate how much time I need to get it stable and to be honest I don't want to have deal with it. As I know few developers are already working on lineage16 since november. Maybe they will upload anything to public. What about me, I don't want to spend months and some day one dev just kang my work again. Thanks for understanding.
Its very sad for everyone that you abandoned the rom, but I understand what not having the time and the energy means. Thank you very much for the build. In any case I installed as I said before.

I haven't tested it much but for the time being its running pretty smooth. I installed some apps and no crashes so far. Just an error message at boot saying something happened, after closing it everything OK.

I add some screenshots here.

Ill keep posting issues if I find any. Do you think I could compile your sources in my computer?

Screenshot_20190203-192131_Trebuchet.jpegScreenshot_20190203-191941_Updater.jpegScreenshot_20190203-191844_Settings.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: EVOLw
#1. Loaded trwp and ROM only no root
Excellent power 97 percent remain after 13 hours
No 5gz WiFi. But because I had nothing else loaded I couldn't see the nvram_net.txt settings.

So I tried to load pico and lineageos add-on su, and had several boot up and setup issues with the play services kept crashing. After bypassing lots of stuff, gave up and reloaded, I was able to see the root permissions in the developer settings, but lineageOS extras shows only arm 15.1 no 16 for root. Thought that was an issue. Silly me I didn't do a logcat. Before I did #2

#2nd try wipe , load, pico and magisk 17 . no magisk 17 in apps.
Did a bypass load apps to get to desktop. Had a couple " this device has errors, please contact manufacturer "
Play store was able to install apps, but I had no access to my paid apps. See #1 I wanted to fix my 5gz WiFi files. And I use es file explorer pro, but since I didn't have root... Well.

Play store recovered my programs am going to try magisk 18 . BRB

Looks nice, a couple of google play store bugs, an actuall desktop black out.

In conclusion, awesome ! Work !

Will fiddle some more. couldn't get a logcat

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190212-153224_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190212-153224_Settings.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 582

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
issue with paid apps i think is more gapps issue rather than device specific because i have the same behavior on another devices and had to flash one image several times before got showing my purchases in play store

Reactions: tripLr
not so much really but anyway it does
as I heard Ather was doing llineage16 with another dev. Maybe someone else.
i have an 815 to test as well

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

issue with paid apps i think is more gapps issue rather than device specific because i have the same behavior on another devices and had to flash one image several times before got showing my purchases in play store
Same here.
I got 5gz to work . I changed
Code:
ccode=US
regrev=69

Based on several posts over the years, I researched what regrev is in related to the ccode
It relates to what frequencies and I believe power outputs for different countries legal free and open radio frequencies.

The clues are in the driver for the wireless device source code.
Here is a broadcom driver for the 3.10 kernel
https://android.googlesource.com/ke...drivers/net/wireless/bcmdhd/dhd_custom_gpio.c

In there is a small database that should be consulted when you boot up your device and your country code should be selected when the driver is accessed
This has never worked properly for any lineageos based ROM.
Also most stock ROMs do not have this in their correctly.

All the files in /system/vendor/etc/wifi that have nvram in their name ( total 6 files ) need updated manually with an editor with root access.

As soon as I enter codes and reboot, I see all the 5 gz and many other networks that normally are too far away.

Kind of a chore to do this on every reloaded device, but that's what it takes.

Reactions: VogonP0et

samw52000

Nov 30, 2006
Will this work on the 2015 model? I was able to flash it on my Tab S2 running exynos processor however it won't past the samsung logo.

Tried not flashing the gapps package to make sure that wasn't it... still stuck with recovery only. Any ideas?

legojoe8

Jun 29, 2016
unknown
Will this work on the 2015 model? I was able to flash it on my Tab S2 running exynos processor however it won't past the samsung logo.

Tried not flashing the gapps package to make sure that wasn't it... still stuck with recovery only. Any ideas?
Same here I cant flash Gapps with out it sticking on Samsung's boot logo

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone