[ROM][T715] Formula Performante [6/03/2019][CRH1]

Search This thread

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Welcome to Formula Performante...
Hey there fellow Tab S2 user! So... your wondering what this ROM is huh? This ROM is the fruit of my labour, after many many hours of work, research etc. This ROM is genuinely the lightest stock based ROM, in all of the Tab S2 ROM era. The ROM weighs just 675 MB, its RAM usage only 1.0-1.1 GB and its fluidity and speed is unmatched, since any and all modifications have been directed towards only enhancing performance and battery life. So, what does this ROM pack? Here's a list:
Features:
1. Extraordinarily Light Operating System with a very deep debloat
2. Google Apps Removed while still maintaining SafetyNet
3. Latest @engine95 Kernel with Enforcing and far more superior RAM Management
4. Updated SoundAlive with slightly modified Volume Increases
5. Every App has been replaced by the lightest equivalent (For e.g, for the Music App, I checked RAM management of Google Play Music and Eleven Music (Cyangogenmod) and found that Eleven Music used 50 MB of RAM lesser than GPM, so I used that. This should give you an idea of how much research and time it took to find the lightest variant of most stock apps)
6. S8 Camera UI with FHD 60FPS,Tracking AF and Standard Improved Autofocus. Other than these improvements, the camera app was debloated as well, and any useless modes were terminated and rooted out.
7. Completely De-knoxed
8. Magisk Pre-Installed
9. Most Extra RAM and Battery Consuming features have been terminated
10. Device Maintenance switched out for Files GO and SystemUI Tuner (To view battery stats, pull down quick settings (notification panel), click on the top right corner (three dots),button order and place the battery icon and storage icon into the quick settings panel.
11. Mtweaks 13.0 Installed for better kernel control, including GPU control.
12. AOSP Sounds instead of Sammy Sounds.
13. Few build prop tweaks for minor performance gains.

Bugs:
Music will crash on first boot
Do not update Magisk, its 17.1 and has to stay that way to work! New versions of Magisk aren't compatible with out current kernel and will just kill boot!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Wipe DATA,SYSTEM,DALVIK CACHE and CACHE
2. Flash The ROM
3. Realize you enjoy the ROM and hit Thanks :) :good:

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XedlWrDuaQGD48ercE-dWLWcFdCq41Cf
Kernel Source: https://github.com/engine95/Exynos-5433-S2-2DRG2

You can find me here more often!:https://t.me/Experience81
Screenshots will be uploaded later:

Last edited:

ThaiDai

May 28, 2011
Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Thanks. Just installed it.

First impressions:

• Starting with "Music has stopped". Oops.
  • Upgrading Magisk Manager results in error, because Magisk version lower than v18.0 not supported. You should mention this. So no updated version of Magisk possible here (from 17.1 to 18.1)? Oops
  • its fast, really fast. Wow
  • more to follow, will just reinstall everything to get Magisk to work.

Last edited:

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
Thanks. Just installed it.

First impressions:

• Starting with "Music has stopped". Oops.
  • Upgrading Magisk Manager results in error, because Magisk version lower than v18.0 not supported. You should mention this. So no updated version of Magisk possible here (from 17.1 to 18.1)? Oops
  • its fast, really fast. Wow
  • more to follow, will just reinstall everything to get Magisk to work.
Oh yeah, thanks for reminder. OP updated

ThaiDai

May 28, 2011
Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
You should explain why it isn't possible to update to the newest version of Magisk. It isn't so nice installing a new ROM with an old version of root and no chance to fix this.

Update:
Removed the ROM. Titanium Backup crashes immediately. So unusable for me.

Last edited:

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
You should explain why it isn't possible to update to the newest version of Magisk. It isn't so nice installing a new ROM with an old version of root and no chance to fix this.

Update:
Removed the ROM. Titanium Backup crashes immediately. So unusable for me.

He explained why...upgraded versions of magisk are not compatible with the custom kernel he used inside the rom. Possibly if the kernel gets some updates we'll get magisk updated support too.

Btw idk why Titanium crashes...will test tonight if happens with me too. Dumb tought: maybe it uses some gapp related services to work and then it crashes because thei're missing? That sound stupid i know...

For the Dev:

It's possible to install gapps (bare minimum as play store and play services) or MicroGapps in this rom? Just in case i wont rely on Fdroid or other thirdy part stores. Thank you :D

Skulldron

Jan 29, 2016
He explained why...upgraded versions of magisk are not compatible with the custom kernel he used inside the rom. Possibly if the kernel gets some updates we'll get magisk updated support too.

Btw idk why Titanium crashes...will test tonight if happens with me too. Dumb tought: maybe it uses some gapp related services to work and then it crashes because thei're missing? That sound stupid i know...

For the Dev:

It's possible to install gapps (bare minimum as play store and play services) or MicroGapps in this rom? Just in case i wont rely on Fdroid or other thirdy part stores. Thank you :D
Ok so Titanium backup, is related with the kernel being enforcing. Titanium require permissive which I didn't release due to the many security holes it usually poses. Oh and about Gapps, don't flash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Giuskiller

Eruqal

May 3, 2013
Can't enable any Accessibility Services telling that the text to speech language is not supported and when i tries to force itself to change it to english it restarts.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
core issue imo is that the calling app dialer does not show up during a call-no call ui (call received but no way to accept it) if there was a way to go back to stock dialer and messages this ROM would have been perfect. too bad all in the past now.

photona

Mar 19, 2010
For me, after some finetuning, this is the best, fastest and most stable and compatible custom ROM ever for the SM-T715. Thank you Skulldron!
My finetuning after flashing the ROM (TWRP is clearly a requirement):
1) flash new Kernel v1.4
2) flash Magisk v.21.4 (the last one before Magisk (with v.22.0) became an "App", bundeled with the Magisk Manager )
3) install MagiskManager-v8.0.7.apk (The last separate Version of the Magisk Manager before it became a bundle with Magisk)
4) install newest Open Gapps for Arm 7.0 ("Micro" bundle in my case, because I need Exchange support that seems only to come with GMail) choose the one for your needs if you need: open gapps 7.0 arm
5) install Magisk Module "Google Dialer Framework" via Magisk Manager
6) install Google Phone (The offical Google dialer app shows a "device not supported" message but works fine with the Performante Rom. If you don´t like the error message, try another dialer app)
7) install Google contacts (The offical Google contacts app that works fine with the Performante Rom)

That´s the good and stable working basis installation for me. I do not need any google account and use sources like F-Droid, uptodown or the A**zon appstore for some charged applications i need (like Business Calendar, Mobile Doc Scanner...)

Last edited:
Reactions: ThaiDai

ThaiDai

May 28, 2011
Aachen/หนองบัวลำภู
Based on you description I reinstalled this one because all other custom roms result in reboots, looping etc.
- Installed stock Gapps (Micro wasn't even available for 7.0)
- the newest kernel 1.6.1
- can use phone and contacts without warnings and problems
- upgraded to lastest magisk version, get warning about system app etc (seems a known problem right now, so I'll wait). But root works
- Netflix, Prime working, Disney with error 39
- fast!
-------------------------
Very good until now. Have to wait a few days and see if the reboots/boot loops etc are gone.
-------------------------
I'll use it only inhouse (since yesterday we have a Galaxy Tab S7+ as primary tablet, but: I can't use it because my daughert occupies it constantly!). Maybe this old and slim rom will give the S2 a new life.

@photona: Thanks for your post. Without it I never would have tried this one again. Sadly Skulldron was last online some months ago...

@engine95: Thanks for updating the kernel!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to Formula Performante...
    Hey there fellow Tab S2 user! So... your wondering what this ROM is huh? This ROM is the fruit of my labour, after many many hours of work, research etc. This ROM is genuinely the lightest stock based ROM, in all of the Tab S2 ROM era. The ROM weighs just 675 MB, its RAM usage only 1.0-1.1 GB and its fluidity and speed is unmatched, since any and all modifications have been directed towards only enhancing performance and battery life. So, what does this ROM pack? Here's a list:
    Features:
    1. Extraordinarily Light Operating System with a very deep debloat
    2. Google Apps Removed while still maintaining SafetyNet
    3. Latest @engine95 Kernel with Enforcing and far more superior RAM Management
    4. Updated SoundAlive with slightly modified Volume Increases
    5. Every App has been replaced by the lightest equivalent (For e.g, for the Music App, I checked RAM management of Google Play Music and Eleven Music (Cyangogenmod) and found that Eleven Music used 50 MB of RAM lesser than GPM, so I used that. This should give you an idea of how much research and time it took to find the lightest variant of most stock apps)
    6. S8 Camera UI with FHD 60FPS,Tracking AF and Standard Improved Autofocus. Other than these improvements, the camera app was debloated as well, and any useless modes were terminated and rooted out.
    7. Completely De-knoxed
    8. Magisk Pre-Installed
    9. Most Extra RAM and Battery Consuming features have been terminated
    10. Device Maintenance switched out for Files GO and SystemUI Tuner (To view battery stats, pull down quick settings (notification panel), click on the top right corner (three dots),button order and place the battery icon and storage icon into the quick settings panel.
    11. Mtweaks 13.0 Installed for better kernel control, including GPU control.
    12. AOSP Sounds instead of Sammy Sounds.
    13. Few build prop tweaks for minor performance gains.

Bugs:
    Music will crash on first boot
    Do not update Magisk, its 17.1 and has to stay that way to work! New versions of Magisk aren't compatible with out current kernel and will just kill boot!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Wipe DATA,SYSTEM,DALVIK CACHE and CACHE
    2. Flash The ROM
    3. Realize you enjoy the ROM and hit Thanks :) :good:

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XedlWrDuaQGD48ercE-dWLWcFdCq41Cf
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/engine95/Exynos-5433-S2-2DRG2

You can find me here more often!:https://t.me/Experience81
    Screenshots will be uploaded later:

For the Dev:

Ok so Titanium backup, is related with the kernel being enforcing. Titanium require permissive which I didn't release due to the many security holes it usually poses. Oh and about Gapps, don't flash.
    Updated Magisk 17.3 and up, (18.0, 18.1) compatible kernel is here https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79164496&postcount=42
    Enjoy :D
    For me, after some finetuning, this is the best, fastest and most stable and compatible custom ROM ever for the SM-T715. Thank you Skulldron!
    My finetuning after flashing the ROM (TWRP is clearly a requirement):
    1) flash new Kernel v1.4
    2) flash Magisk v.21.4 (the last one before Magisk (with v.22.0) became an "App", bundeled with the Magisk Manager )
    3) install MagiskManager-v8.0.7.apk (The last separate Version of the Magisk Manager before it became a bundle with Magisk)
    4) install newest Open Gapps for Arm 7.0 ("Micro" bundle in my case, because I need Exchange support that seems only to come with GMail) choose the one for your needs if you need: open gapps 7.0 arm
    5) install Magisk Module "Google Dialer Framework" via Magisk Manager
    6) install Google Phone (The offical Google dialer app shows a "device not supported" message but works fine with the Performante Rom. If you don´t like the error message, try another dialer app)
    7) install Google contacts (The offical Google contacts app that works fine with the Performante Rom)

That´s the good and stable working basis installation for me. I do not need any google account and use sources like F-Droid, uptodown or the A**zon appstore for some charged applications i need (like Business Calendar, Mobile Doc Scanner...)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone