[ROM][T810/T815][8.x] LineageOS 15.1 20180722 [ABANDONED]

Search This thread

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
- twrp 3.2.0+
- backup everything before install
- wipe data before upgrading from LineageOS 14.1 or stock rom

Install:
- Flash zip in TWRP
- Don't forget about gapps (arm 8.1)

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Known issues:
unstable fingerprint
stuff, I haven't checked

Download:
T810: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LlC7jBfq3H9FuPKZeKdQ3KyuiglgJTYv
T815: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXg6Oy_aSfYL4XoXovfPzQ9pZqD1XVmw

Device sources:
https://github.com/bonuzzz

Last edited:

halloarno

Aug 31, 2014
Zuidlaren
Yeah! Thanks for all the work.

I flashed the rom (t810) but the orientation is upside-down: not easy to press the right buttons :laugh:
So I couldn't really test it further.

khaberz

Jun 17, 2017
( seem to be blind (or stupid) - Can someone please point me to a working TWRP 3.2 for the T810 so I am ready when the new build drops? Thanks a bunch!)

Edit: Sorry, found it. Stupid indeed.

Last edited:

ripee

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
I suspect that the display is rotated 180 degrees because there are one too many hwrotation=270 entries between the gts2-common and gts210 device trees. I'm running my own build right now with all those extra ones removed, including having taken out the system_prop.mk file from the gts210wifi repo, since it's identical to the system.prop file already there. Out of respect for bonuzzz, I won't post my own build in this thread.

For those wondering, the official 3.2.1 TWRP works perfectly fine.

bonuzzz, I haven't tested your build yet, but if you managed to fix wifi and bluetooth, I take my hat off to you sir :)

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
I suspect that the display is rotated 180 degrees because there are one too many hwrotation=270 entries between the gts2-common and gts210 device trees. I'm running my own build right now with all those extra ones removed, including having taken out the system_prop.mk file from the gts210wifi repo, since it's identical to the system.prop file already there. Out of respect for bonuzzz, I won't post my own build in this thread.

For those wondering, the official 3.2.1 TWRP works perfectly fine.

bonuzzz, I haven't tested your build yet, but if you managed to fix wifi and bluetooth, I take my hat off to you sir :)

Only t810 and t815 require rotation, so this parameter is in device specific config only. And if you have several strings it doesn't mean the image on display will rotate each time. It is just duplicate string.

Why not you finally create your own thread for your builds? I think it will be good idea:good: You have link to your builds in your signature, but you don't have any place where your users can ask you for help...:(

Voytec83

Apr 25, 2017
Koszalin
Nice to see U back @bonuzzz, especially with such amazing things ?
As always, I keep my fingers crossed for U and Ur great things for Android community. Keep on and NEVER give up! Thx for all ur efforts ?

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
Only t810 and t815 require rotation, so this parameter is in device specific config only. And if you have several strings it doesn't mean the image on display will rotate each time. It is just duplicate string.

Why not you finally create your own thread for your builds? I think it will be good idea:good: You have link to your builds in your signature, but you don't have any place where your users can ask you for help...:(

Because right now my builds are in worse shape than yours, assuming you fixed wifi, bluetooth, the 180 degree display rotation, and everything else in your OP.

Edit: If the gts210vewifi is anything to go by, Oreo requires an hwrotation of 90, not 270 as in Nougat, for the proper orientation, courtesy of luk1337.

Last edited:

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Nice to see U back @bonuzzz, especially with such amazing things
As always, I keep my fingers crossed for U and Ur great things for Android community. Keep on and NEVER give up! Thx for all ur efforts ?
Go away, spammer :D:D:D:D

Because right now my builds are in worse shape than yours, assuming you fixed wifi, bluetooth, the 180 degree display rotation, and everything else in your OP.

Edit: If the gts210vewifi is anything to go by, Oreo requires an hwrotation of 90, not 270 as in Nougat, for the proper orientation, courtesy of luk1337.

I have the same behaviour in tab s3, but I thought it is because of libs from another device. But it's very funny, in oreo rotation is in another side:))

PS: I mean not only oreo builds...

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
Yup, setting hwrotation to 90 instead of 270 fixes the display being flipped. As for wifi and bluetooth, I will patiently wait for your expertise, bonuzzz :)

Last edited:

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
Yup, setting hwrotation to 90 instead of 270 fixes the display being flipped. As for wifi and bluetooth, I will patiently wait for your expertise, bonuzzz :)

bt issue is just permission issue net_bt_stack --> bluetooth in init scripts
for wifi fix you will wait very very long time...

To be honest, I don't want to collect again the guys, who just "patiently waiting" for new commits from my side and fully depended from my work. Users will have cloned roms with same issues.

ripee

Aug 25, 2014
tiny.cc
bt issue is just permission issue net_bt_stack --> bluetooth in init scripts
for wifi fix you will wait very very long time...

To be honest, I don't want to collect again the guys, who just "patiently waiting" for new commits from my side and fully depended from my work. Users will have cloned roms with same issues.

So why make the effort to build again? This is the same old story with you. One day, you are helpful and generous with your builds; the next day, you complain about not wanting to make any more effort than you had already made.

Please make a decision and stick with it: either do your best to fix the most basic functions and let someone like me help you the best way I can by building from your code often, and giving you full credit, so that we can all give you frequent feedback, or don't create any more threads and abandon the 2015 Tab S2.

bonuzzz

Apr 1, 2005
widevine L1 support added. we dont need patched netflix apks anymore:D
@ripee I make roms for myself and share them with others. What's wrong with that? And yes, I'm helpful and generous when you write me pm. Just curious, nobody asked for help in public. And yes, everything is depends on my spare time.
Nougat builds are really abandoned. You don't believe me or what? Or I should to write anything else there when people ask for update builds?

I see you worry about my git. Calm down, please. Why do you think I upload sources for you? I uploaded sources for you and you published your builds just right after that without understanding what exactly changed and instead of help to fix remain bugs. I told you few months ago to choose one author and try to fix something. You didn't hear me. I don't need any credits. But I don't like liars, if we talk about one person here. And I don't want more "we don't care" teams here. I don't need any daily public builds. It will be disorganized development. At least no one else haven't tried to fix anything in my (nougat) sources...
So, in short, I will do what I want. I will upload builds when I want. I will add/fix/change in builds what I want and in my own priority. I spend my own time for that. Don't like? Don't use. Make something yourself. Stop depend from me and let me do my work. Thanks in advance.

NeWONEx

Sep 29, 2014
I just saw Shiny thread here ^-^ . I look twice to make sure it is 815 not anything else.
Thank you very much. We all appreciated your work and effort.
If you want any help test, logcat or even setup machine for build I'm ready for that ^-*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
    - twrp 3.2.0+
    - backup everything before install
    - wipe data before upgrading from LineageOS 14.1 or stock rom

Install:
    - Flash zip in TWRP
    - Don't forget about gapps (arm 8.1)

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
    If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Known issues:
    unstable fingerprint
    stuff, I haven't checked

Download:
    T810: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LlC7jBfq3H9FuPKZeKdQ3KyuiglgJTYv
    T815: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXg6Oy_aSfYL4XoXovfPzQ9pZqD1XVmw

Device sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz
    new builds uploaded
    -fixed microphone
    -fixed livedisplay
    So, it's time for changelog to build 0531:
    the goal of this build was simple: to make base platform as stable as possible.
    - kernel has been rebuild from scratch based on latest samsung sources.
    - device config has been revised and almost all reworked.
    - fixed offline charging.
    - tuned brightness settings
    - used another fingerprint hal
    - fixed gps on lte models
    - probably something else

But I couldn't fix microphone and I know it's my own bug which I made in nougat. And I'm sure I fixed it before, but forgot to push to git. I hope I will find solution to it some day.
    Oh nice, fresh update downloading now. @bonuzzz what's new dude?

Charging with device switched off works in the latest build. Very nice!

Yes, offline charging fixed
    From my limited testing after flashing the 20180531 release on the T815 it seems that fingerprint login now works like a charm ( cool !!!) and GPS does so as well ( it was listed as not working for the T815 before - this note has gone). Great work @bonuzzz , thank you and congratulations!
    Almost nothing happened with fingerprint. It goes sleep after a while. But if it works better, that's good, but I think this is effect placebo. It needs to more work later anyway.

bonuzzz switched to the gts2 kernel, which would explain the powered off charging as well as the fingerprint reader working properly.

Thanks for the progress! :)

I didn't switch. I rebuilt kernel with new latest sources and didn't add support for note4. So because of that I changed the name to gts2.

Fingerprint works perfectly now indeed. Also I had an issue previously where Perfect Player would not resume properly when interrupted during video playback - also fixed. Performance feels smoother overall subjectively. Very nice update, kudos!
    I wrote about fingerprint above. To be honest I didn't know about issue with perfect player...

I will write changelog later. I have a little amount of time behind computer last few days.
    New build has been uploaded
    -fixed screen orientation bug
    -fixed mtp
    -fixed vibrator on t815
    -fixed drm stuff