Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Reactions: zeon22

ripee

blobs for T815, it is extracted from the previous LOS15.1 build of bonuzzz:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wCS94hFWQjXm-XuIZNd4eTT3MUb2d2em

T815 device source backup of bonuzzz:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lTWV0uuND_IwUZkPf_KwLn3g0k1ebxU_

Thanks! With these I will hopefully also be able to re-create the sources for gts28ltexx (unless you have those as well). I myself had forked the gts210wifi sources, and had extrapolated the gts28wifi sources from those, including the blobs from the latest stock system image.

dannychow

Oct 26, 2009
Thanks! With these I will hopefully also be able to re-create the sources for gts28ltexx (unless you have those as well). I myself had forked the gts210wifi sources, and had extrapolated the gts28wifi sources from those, including the blobs from the latest stock system image.

I basically, tried to build the LOS 15.1 with the original LOS device source for gts28ltexx with a couples of files from bonuzzz 's device tree.
Or should I completely use bonuzzz device tree instead of LOS 's one? Which approach is better or more stable?

ripee

I basically, tried to build the LOS 15.1 with the original LOS device source for gts28ltexx with a couples of files from bonuzzz 's device tree.
Or should I completely use bonuzzz device tree instead of LOS 's one? Which approach is better or more stable?

bonuzzz's repos are definitely more stable. T_I has forked the official repos into his github.com/galaxy-tab-s2 account, but hasn't yet continued working on them. We should ask him if we can contribute to that organizational account.

Also be sure to apply bonuzzz's patches from gts2-common/patches.

Last edited:

dannychow

Oct 26, 2009
bonuzzz's repos are definitely more stable. T_I has forked the official repos into his github.com/galaxy-tab-s2 account, but hasn't yet continued working on them. We should ask him if we can contribute to that organizational account.

Also be sure to apply bonuzzz's patches from gts2-common/patches.

I don't have the bonuzzz patches (gts2-common/patches). Can you send to me?
If you have gts210wifi device source from bonuzzz, please also send to me as a backup. Thanks!

rholm

I flashed the 22nd August version on my t810 (WiFi only model), including wipe AND format of data partition, and format of SD card, and restore of 80 user apps via TiBu. After a couple of days to let it settle down, I charged it up, and after 23 hours and 8 minutes since full charge and on standby, it still shows 100% battery.

11 minutes screen on time, and a Titanium Backup ran on a schedule to backup 80 user apps. I use LeanDroid to connect once an hour.

I don't use the tablet intensively, so battery health is probably very good.

All the same, I'd say this demonstrates there are no issues with the ROM itself - at least for the WiFi variant.
Where did you get the 22nd August build? Are there newer 15.1 builds for the 810?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

paul c

Nov 15, 2006
Madrid
Where did you get the 22nd August build? Are there newer 15.1 builds for the 810?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich
I had read through the posts at that time, and it seemed that this build was the most stable.

There are newer 15.1 builds for the 810, on the link in the first post iirc.

I think you'll be happy with this version, but you can also try later builds

Reactions: triniboy and rholm
Just some feedback

..just flashed ripee 's version 15.1 20181128
and it works just fine - thanks @ripee

Only issues i found so far
* mic not working (or at least not good, quite still and sounds broken) - but that's for some time now (see above)
* audio output - is sometimes a bit unclean (will test different sources files and video players)

So if those do not bother you - ripees build could be the choice for you.
For me as tv junkie the audio glitches might force me back to last stable and official 14.1

Cheers

Reactions: triniboy

ripee

* mic not working (or at least not good, quite still and sounds broken) - but that's for some time now (see above)
* audio output - is sometimes a bit unclean (will test different sources files and video players)

For me as tv junkie the audio glitches might force me back to last stable and official 14.1

Cheers

Thank you! The audio is certainly something to look at, but my priority now is to fix the modem on both LTE variants. I'll look at the audio later, or if someone has any suggestions, I'm all ears!

rholm

ripee,

Where can I find your build? Your earlier build were quite stable. Time to try 15.1!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

halloarno

Aug 31, 2014
Zuidlaren

Cheers
No problems with audio here (same build). Tough I haven't test without magisk modules: ainor sauron, viper4android, audio modification library.

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

ripee,

Where can I find your build? Your earlier build were quite stable. Time to try 15.1!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rich
tiny.cc/ripee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
    - twrp 3.2.0+
    - backup everything before install
    - wipe data before upgrading from LineageOS 14.1 or stock rom

Install:
    - Flash zip in TWRP
    - Don't forget about gapps (arm 8.1)

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
    If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Known issues:
    unstable fingerprint
    stuff, I haven't checked

Download:
    T810: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LlC7jBfq3H9FuPKZeKdQ3KyuiglgJTYv
    T815: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXg6Oy_aSfYL4XoXovfPzQ9pZqD1XVmw

Device sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz
    new builds uploaded
    -fixed microphone
    -fixed livedisplay
    So, it's time for changelog to build 0531:
    the goal of this build was simple: to make base platform as stable as possible.
    - kernel has been rebuild from scratch based on latest samsung sources.
    - device config has been revised and almost all reworked.
    - fixed offline charging.
    - tuned brightness settings
    - used another fingerprint hal
    - fixed gps on lte models
    - probably something else

But I couldn't fix microphone and I know it's my own bug which I made in nougat. And I'm sure I fixed it before, but forgot to push to git. I hope I will find solution to it some day.
    Oh nice, fresh update downloading now. @bonuzzz what's new dude?

Charging with device switched off works in the latest build. Very nice!

Yes, offline charging fixed
    From my limited testing after flashing the 20180531 release on the T815 it seems that fingerprint login now works like a charm ( cool !!!) and GPS does so as well ( it was listed as not working for the T815 before - this note has gone). Great work @bonuzzz , thank you and congratulations!
    Almost nothing happened with fingerprint. It goes sleep after a while. But if it works better, that's good, but I think this is effect placebo. It needs to more work later anyway.

bonuzzz switched to the gts2 kernel, which would explain the powered off charging as well as the fingerprint reader working properly.

Thanks for the progress! :)

I didn't switch. I rebuilt kernel with new latest sources and didn't add support for note4. So because of that I changed the name to gts2.

Fingerprint works perfectly now indeed. Also I had an issue previously where Perfect Player would not resume properly when interrupted during video playback - also fixed. Performance feels smoother overall subjectively. Very nice update, kudos!
    I wrote about fingerprint above. To be honest I didn't know about issue with perfect player...

I will write changelog later. I have a little amount of time behind computer last few days.
    New build has been uploaded
    -fixed screen orientation bug
    -fixed mtp
    -fixed vibrator on t815
    -fixed drm stuff