[ROM][T820][8.x] LineageOS 15.1 20180614

Search This thread

Comses

Mar 28, 2013
About the sound problem in games. If you run the AnTuTu test, then in 1 test the sound is normal, and in the next test 3D sound slows and cracks.
Sounds like Bluetooth. I don't have it in my Sony MDR-ZX770BN headphones.

Azyrael

Apr 4, 2012
holy f. did not entirely test the rom, but android 8.1 on my s3, that is awesome. also, worked on the first try. the first time ever during my time with android devices. installed everything and booted straight up. gj man :)

_________

so, i used the rom for an hour or so. cool, but
1. audio sounds weird through speakers. not great quality, but works.
2. some apps take really long to load. generally performance is lacking within some apps, while others work fine. some apps also just load forever but work fine afterwards. i also have a problem with one app that works weird. (INKredible), where you cannot delete notebooks for some reason, and some notebooks are converted to folders upon movement, which makes me believe this is a problem with the apps not being compatible with android 8.1 completely for some reason? this might also be the problem the camera has maybe?
3. camera does not start (crashes immediately during start)
4. moving stuff from/to device storage via usb connection to pc does not work while booted to os (as if it was read-only in some weird way. adb works though)
5. wired headphones do not work
6. gets really hot (did not check battery life yet)
7. s-pen issues. first couple of strokes per stroke-series (e.g. sentence) are recognized, then the current stroke will be deleted after picking the pen up from the screen, afterwards they will not be recognized or deleted immediately afterwards. might be related to the heating issue because the device immediately heats up after the first s-pen input after some amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Solentis

Khan_81

Nov 21, 2012
I can confirm the sound issues.

I use the tablet mainly to read comics and streaming my PC games throught apps like Moonlight or Parsec.

Crackling sound in both, although, on the bright side, streaming is smooth unlike my experience in tweaked Nougat rom or Oreo stock (lots of stuttering, stock Nougat was fine tough)

Can´t wait to get Resurrenction Remix Rom ported to T820 as well :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Phyck Yiu

Comses

Mar 28, 2013
About the sound in the games 3D here is another checked, the sound in Plants vs Zombies normal, and in the same Angry Birds 2 bursting.
The camera works.
No sound through 3.5 mm jack.

UPD: Bug with some textures in games (some black rectangles in PvZ2)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phyck Yiu

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
(...) So, rom works without gapps and root well. (...)

I'm a bit lost here. Does this mean NO GAPPS and NO root at the same time work, but root without GAPPS doesn't? Or does this mean this ROM doesn't need GAPPS at all? I'm asking because of this:

(...) So the GAPPS are mandatory.

Edit: And if it's because of Magisk: Would it work with SuperSU instead?

Last edited:

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
And is it working without gapps? If so, which root method did you use?

Sadly I didn't have time this weekend... :/

Ok, it needs at least pico gapps to get enough Google stuff for it to work. For root, you can flash lineage zip, then gapps, then magisk (16.4 worked for me).

Mhm. Is this resolvable? Usually ROMs have no dependancy on GAPPs afaik. Maybe @bonuzzz can elaborate why this is the case.

jd1639

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Perfect, thanks for trying / posting the result.

Edit: Did you simply flash the ROM directly followed by Magisk or how did you do it? I get Bootloops doint that. @jd1639
I got boot loops doing it that way too and the reason for my initial post of requiring gapps. I went back and did a full wipe, data and the caches. Then flashed the rom and wiped caches before booting to system. Then let it boot the system and set the device up without going thru Google, I didn't install anything at that time. Then booted back into twrp and flashed magisk.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: VVombat

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
I got boot loops doing it that way too and the reason for my initial post of requiring gapps. I went back and did a full wipe, data and the caches. Then flashed the rom and wiped caches before booting to system. Then let it boot the system and set the device up without going thru Google, I didn't install anything at that time. Then booted back into twrp and flashed magisk.

Perfect, thanks for the detailed explanation!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
    - oreo bootloader
    - twrp 3.2.0+
    - backup everything before install
    - wipe data before upgrading from LineageOS 14.1 or stock rom

Install:
    - Flash zip in TWRP
    - Don't forget about gapps (arm64 8.1)
    - Root not included. Flash magisk before first start.

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
    If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Not working:
    gps
    bt audio
    stuff, I haven't checked

I broke my tablet. There are no more updates here further.

Download:
    T820: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ql4VIjTsSHNwzsoJm3Yb8wt0RW9OJerE

Device initial config sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz
    I broke my tablet last weekend, so no more updates here anymore.

Can you share any other sources you might have used to build for the 820? I know you linked to your GitHub, but anything else would be appreciated. Would love to keep this going for the group of us that have the 820.

Thanks for giving us Lineage 14.1 & 15.1 in the first place! :D
    I broke my tablet last weekend, so no more updates here anymore.
    Hello @bonuzzz, thank you for the reply.

I was able to restore my Lineage 14.1 because I flashed the ARA2 boot loader (tried with Odin the first time, then with my TWRP backup, same result)

If someone used or uses lineageos 14.1, is speaker rotation work there or not?

Only with VLC. Stuck in portrait mode with stock player. I don't have any games... :)

The last thing I need to try is installing the GAPPS... Like I said, I don't want to, so if the problem comes from this, I'll pass. But I have to try to be sure...

In this order from TWRP:
    - Flash BRE2 boot loader
    - Format Data and wipe everything
    - Flash Lineage 15.1
    - Flash openGAPPS nano arm64 8.1
    - Flash Magisk 16.4

And... It's working...

Well... :D

I want to cry...

So the GAPPS are mandatory.
    For gapps it shows "arm 8.1" it should be "arm64 8.1"

Edit: 5g seems to be working fine after a resetting WiFi, mobile & Bluetooth. Still can't seem to get audio playing through Bluetooth even though it's connected.
    edited, thanks
    yes, bt audio doesn't work. seems I broke it in last moment...

Just wanted to let people know of what I've initially noticed and tested.
    * Not laggy like stock is
    * Able to format sd card for internal storage
    * Official Keyboard case works (didn't use much before)
    - show/hide key for virtual keyboard and Lang key don't do anything (at least it appears that way)
    - Left 'alt' brings up emoji, right 'alt' brings up symbols on virtual keyboard.
    * Auto wake/sleep works with 3rd party case (assume all work since it's just a magnet)
    * Auto brightness works but I tested it with a flash light.
    I have official keyboard case too. Unfortunately it's almost unusable in aosp if you need more than one keylayout. What about special keys, aosp doesn't have that triggers what stock rom has. I only could advice 3rd party app, but paid https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1541916

I liked the 14.1 version and I seem to like this version as well. It is to early to say more, but why can't you share this with lineage? It would be a dream, if this would be official and we would recieve updates. And maybe they will help you with the missing GPS?
    Nothing will change with official status except It would create more troubles and bureaucracy there.
    Nobody will help. Believe me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone