[ROM][T820][8.x] LineageOS 15.1 20180614

Search This thread

jd1639

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Perfect, thanks for the detailed explanation!
This is weird. I'm trying to replicate what I did before. Now it's boot looping. It ended up booting itself back to recovery. I wiped again and reflashed and it's boot looping again. It'll get to the first lineage setup screen and then start boot looping again. I'm still working on what's going on.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: VVombat

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
This is weird. I'm trying to replicate what I did before. Now it's boot looping. It ended up booting itself back to recovery. I wiped again and reflashed and it's boot looping again. It'll get to the first lineage setup screen and then start boot looping again. I'm still working on what's going on.
Same thing happens for me. Sometimes I see the LineageOS setup screen for a second and then back to bootloop... Mhm. Just to make sure I just flashed Pico GApps. At least Pico keeps crashing when Google searches for Updates. I'll just try different combinations and then try to go back to just the ROM followed by Magisk. ^^

Last edited:

jd1639

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Same thing happens for me. Sometimes I see the LineageOS setup screen for a second and then back to bootloop... Mhm. Just to make sure I just flashed Pico GApps. At least Pico keeps crashing when Google searches for Updates. I'll just try different combinations and then try to go back to just the ROM followed by Magisk. ^^
I'm going to give up for now. I'll try again later if I get some time. Really weird that it booted fine once and now it's having issues. I've tried formatting data, rebooting to recovery, factory reset, wipes, advance wipes and for I think 4 reflashes I get the boot loop just like you.

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
Yes, but not in a reliable way, at least for me, meaning that while I write the pen suddenly stops working for a short trait, then it starts working again after a bunch of milliseconds. It does that, it seems, especially (or exclusively, I cannot say for sure) when I rest my palm on the screen while writing.

This bug of the T825 version of LineageOS seems to be present in this ROM too. I flashed the ROM + GApps just to test the ROM at all and sadly s-pen is extremely buggy.

jd1639

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Not sure why some are having issues. Flashed room, gapps, magisk. All running nice. Thanks op!
It seems to work ok if you flash gapps. One of the posters wanted to know if the rom would boot if you did not flash gapps. In general roms will but in this case it seems to be hit or miss. To me it's now become an intellectual challenge on why that is. I've gotten it to boot without gapps a couple of times but I haven't found a consistent reason why it does sometimes and not others. I guess I have too much time on my hands to mess around with this stuff[emoji4]

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
... I guess I have too much time on my hands to mess around with this stuff[emoji4]

What I'm very thankful for. :D
@suzook: To be clear: OP said to flash GApps and expect crashes if not doing so. I just use Android without GApps and this usually is no problem. Sadly in this case it's not working without GApps (at least consistently) and I really would like to know why this is the case. The s-pen issues are an unrelated problem though, since I encountered this with GApps installed.

jd1639

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
What I'm very thankful for. :D

@suzook: To be clear: OP said to flash GApps and expect crashes if not doing so. I just use Android without GApps and this usually is no problem. Sadly in this case it's not working without GApps (at least consistently) and I really would like to know why this is the case. The s-pen issues are an unrelated problem though, since I encountered this with GApps installed.

I think I know why I thought I could get it to boot without gapps. The times it has I first got it to boot using gapps. I then went back to twrp and did a standard wipe, flashed the rom, and then booted to system. But, if instead of the standard wipe, I did an advanced wipe, including the system partition, then it would not boot. So there must have been some stuff left on the system partition that allowed it to boot. I'm not a developer so don't know if that's common. Maybe @bonuzzz could comment on that.

samsuffit

Dec 12, 2017
It should run without gapps. It just won't do much.

I disagree.

I have never used, I repeat, I have never used a Google's product in my life, and I'm old, I think, because I'm old. I endure Google only if I don't have a choice, like with this malicious captcha to subit a reply. I don't need it, never.

I know what kind of sensible topic it is and maybe xda isn't the good place to discuss this.

Now...
I tried so many times with almost every combination like explained before, I've cleansed my messages, OP had quoted one, I was never able to pass the setup screen. Magisk, SuperSU, multiple wipes, with or without SD card, fingers crossed, it failed all the time. You was able to boot only one time and now you can't replicate it.

Do you think it is possible Google did had some GAPPS dependences in Oreo source code and it have spread to forks like Lineage? What? Am I paranoid? I think Google wants to be everywhere? Tinfoil! Tinfoil!

You know, this is a good think. I was satisfied with Lineage as it was and I never tried to make my own Android-like from sources. Also because I'm lazy. But now I have a reason to compile everything by myself. And the reason is f... Google! You'll never profile me. My profile is: I don't have one.

OPO13R

Jul 11, 2016
First of all, as a T820 owner, I THANK YOU so very much for your effort to port Lineage OS, at last.
Everything worked out perfectly fine, no errors.. Except the strange behavior of played audio (YouTube App, Napster App). The playback is pitched up and at the same same, it's sped up to a little extent. I have checked this for around a week, and now I'm very certain this bug really exists. Is there a way to fix this?

Alchhorn

Jun 21, 2018
First of all, as a T820 owner, I THANK YOU so very much for your effort to port Lineage OS, at last.
Everything worked out perfectly fine, no errors.. Except the strange behavior of played audio (YouTube App, Napster App). The playback is pitched up and at the same same, it's sped up to a little extent. I have checked this for around a week, and now I'm very certain this bug really exists. Is there a way to fix this?

I'm experiencing the same issue on mine.

VVombat

Oct 6, 2012
Bug-report:
There seems to be a problem with S-Pen + Palm Rejection. S-Pen on it's own seems fine. As soon as Palm Rejection should kick in the S-Pen goes crazy and will only be recognized randomly. This was tested in LectureNotes, Squid and Xodo.

Last edited:

Veritas06

Mar 17, 2008
v3ritas.tech
I broke my tablet last weekend, so no more updates here anymore.

Can you share any other sources you might have used to build for the 820? I know you linked to your GitHub, but anything else would be appreciated. Would love to keep this going for the group of us that have the 820.

Thanks for giving us Lineage 14.1 & 15.1 in the first place! :D

eXI911

Dec 28, 2013
My Tab has no sound. Nosound by pressing the keyboard, no notifications, no sound playing music. Also Apps like Amazon Music, Amazon Video, Netflix, Zattoo and so on are not working.
I have just installed the build LineageOS 15.1-20180614, T820XXU1BRE2_dmverity_patched_boot with TWRP and Tabs3_oreo_forced encryption_disabler.
Magisk SafetyNet-Status all ok (green fpr ctsProfile and basicintegrity).

Any one else with this problem?

pouply

May 28, 2017
Thanks for this hard work.
I got a permanent Setup Wizard keeps stopping upon first boot.
I tried installing open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20171215-UNOFFICIAL and open_gapps-arm64-8.1-stock-20171215-UNOFFICIAL both same outcome.
I have also read that i should enable wifi, but i cannot get into the menu to do so, im stuck at this Wizard right after the Lineage logo :(
Please help

UPDATE > Fixed my own issue by going to the official https://opengapps.org/?arch=arm64 and dl the latest ARM64 8.1 version

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not responsible for any damage to your device of any sort.
    By flashing this you take responsibility of anything that happens.
    Process at your own risk!

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community

Requirements:
    - oreo bootloader
    - twrp 3.2.0+
    - backup everything before install
    - wipe data before upgrading from LineageOS 14.1 or stock rom

Install:
    - Flash zip in TWRP
    - Don't forget about gapps (arm64 8.1)
    - Root not included. Flash magisk before first start.

Google apps should be installed via recovery immediately after installing ROM.
    If you reboot into ROM before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

Not working:
    gps
    bt audio
    stuff, I haven't checked

I broke my tablet. There are no more updates here further.

Download:
    T820: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ql4VIjTsSHNwzsoJm3Yb8wt0RW9OJerE

Device initial config sources:
    https://github.com/bonuzzz

Can you share any other sources you might have used to build for the 820? I know you linked to your GitHub, but anything else would be appreciated. Would love to keep this going for the group of us that have the 820.

Thanks for giving us Lineage 14.1 & 15.1 in the first place! :D
    Hello @bonuzzz, thank you for the reply.

I was able to restore my Lineage 14.1 because I flashed the ARA2 boot loader (tried with Odin the first time, then with my TWRP backup, same result)

If someone used or uses lineageos 14.1, is speaker rotation work there or not?

Only with VLC. Stuck in portrait mode with stock player. I don't have any games... :)

The last thing I need to try is installing the GAPPS... Like I said, I don't want to, so if the problem comes from this, I'll pass. But I have to try to be sure...

In this order from TWRP:
    - Flash BRE2 boot loader
    - Format Data and wipe everything
    - Flash Lineage 15.1
    - Flash openGAPPS nano arm64 8.1
    - Flash Magisk 16.4

And... It's working...

Well... :D

I want to cry...

So the GAPPS are mandatory.
    For gapps it shows "arm 8.1" it should be "arm64 8.1"

Edit: 5g seems to be working fine after a resetting WiFi, mobile & Bluetooth. Still can't seem to get audio playing through Bluetooth even though it's connected.
    edited, thanks
    yes, bt audio doesn't work. seems I broke it in last moment...

Just wanted to let people know of what I've initially noticed and tested.
    * Not laggy like stock is
    * Able to format sd card for internal storage
    * Official Keyboard case works (didn't use much before)
    - show/hide key for virtual keyboard and Lang key don't do anything (at least it appears that way)
    - Left 'alt' brings up emoji, right 'alt' brings up symbols on virtual keyboard.
    * Auto wake/sleep works with 3rd party case (assume all work since it's just a magnet)
    * Auto brightness works but I tested it with a flash light.
    I have official keyboard case too. Unfortunately it's almost unusable in aosp if you need more than one keylayout. What about special keys, aosp doesn't have that triggers what stock rom has. I only could advice 3rd party app, but paid https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1541916

I liked the 14.1 version and I seem to like this version as well. It is to early to say more, but why can't you share this with lineage? It would be a dream, if this would be official and we would recieve updates. And maybe they will help you with the missing GPS?
    Nothing will change with official status except It would create more troubles and bureaucracy there.
    Nobody will help. Believe me.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone