[ROM] T959UVJI6 OTA Stock ODIN Flashable

Search This thread

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
EDIT: I've modified this post and now this is the final T959UVJI6 OTA build.

BIG THANKS to rhcp0112345 AND Samfirmware.com for this OTA file

I've tested it with my phone and works PERFECT.
Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible if you run into any problems....
Like JI5 this ROM does not erase any current settings/data ...(It didn't for me anyways)
Included ZIP file contains ODIN 1.3, 512 pit file, Samsung DLLs and most importantly the flashable .TAR file.
I flashed it successfully just with ODIN and included .TAR file and all my settings/userdata was intact after the upgrade. If you're running lagfix, you should disable it. If you are running custom ROM, you should flash to stock JFD first and then flash this update on top to be safe. ( Note: Flashing to JFD will result in data loss).
Regardless, it's a good idea to create a full backup before flashing any image.

STEPS:

1) Backup your data

2) Download the zip

3) Unzip the downloaded zip

4) Turn off your phone, press and hold volume keys at the same time and plug your phone in computer to get in download mode.

[ People with hardware locked vibrants, make sure you have the drivers installed for vibrant on your PC and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging turned on and open adb and type "adb reboot download"]

5) Open ODIN and under PDA option, browse for the .tar file in the same folder (Actual firmware file)

6) Make sure you have backed up your data in case you skipped step 1 or forgot it.

7) Click on start to begin the upgrade.

8) First boot will take some time so just be patient, and you're done.

DOWNLOAD LINK (TAR + ODIN 1.3 ZIPPED)
FULL PACKAGE ODIN 1.3 PLUS THE JI6 FW IMAGE ZIPPED WITH MANY MIRRORS (EASY UNZIP AND FLASH)
http://www.multiupload.com/W9GLROFXAL
MD5: F0940B1B6C5D48702E7720B7030C436E

Change Log:

-GPS, SGPA, SUPL
-Exchange inbox
-Contacts Sync
-The Sims 3 10th Anniversary Edition ( Didn't see this on mine)
-Battery indicator
-Calendar alert chime
-New Services: Samsung Media Hub
-40+ bug fixes, UI changes and updates.

Credits:
BIG thanks to samfirmware.com, rhcp0112345,Viralblack and the3dman

Last edited:
Reactions: davegilleo

rel500

Aug 4, 2009
Miami
Man I can't wait to get home. Just the other day I was telling my girl how I wanted to sell my phone due to the lack of 2. 2 n now look :) joy. **** date night. It's flash night.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
It seems similar to the previous builds JI5 to JI2 so far. Just flashed it :D I'll post if I see any noticeable changes/fixes

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Correct, the JI5 and JI6 are close to final builds hence they don't wipe...but again this is something I've noticed. You should do the nandroid backup just in case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: I've modified this post and now this is the final T959UVJI6 OTA build.

BIG THANKS to rhcp0112345 AND Samfirmware.com for this OTA file

I've tested it with my phone and works PERFECT.
    Flash at your own risk, I am not responsible if you run into any problems....
    Like JI5 this ROM does not erase any current settings/data ...(It didn't for me anyways)
    Included ZIP file contains ODIN 1.3, 512 pit file, Samsung DLLs and most importantly the flashable .TAR file.
    I flashed it successfully just with ODIN and included .TAR file and all my settings/userdata was intact after the upgrade. If you're running lagfix, you should disable it. If you are running custom ROM, you should flash to stock JFD first and then flash this update on top to be safe. ( Note: Flashing to JFD will result in data loss).
    Regardless, it's a good idea to create a full backup before flashing any image.

STEPS:

1) Backup your data

2) Download the zip

3) Unzip the downloaded zip

4) Turn off your phone, press and hold volume keys at the same time and plug your phone in computer to get in download mode.

[ People with hardware locked vibrants, make sure you have the drivers installed for vibrant on your PC and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging turned on and open adb and type "adb reboot download"]

5) Open ODIN and under PDA option, browse for the .tar file in the same folder (Actual firmware file)

6) Make sure you have backed up your data in case you skipped step 1 or forgot it.

7) Click on start to begin the upgrade.

8) First boot will take some time so just be patient, and you're done.

DOWNLOAD LINK (TAR + ODIN 1.3 ZIPPED)
    FULL PACKAGE ODIN 1.3 PLUS THE JI6 FW IMAGE ZIPPED WITH MANY MIRRORS (EASY UNZIP AND FLASH)
    http://www.multiupload.com/W9GLROFXAL
    MD5: F0940B1B6C5D48702E7720B7030C436E

Change Log:

-GPS, SGPA, SUPL
    -Exchange inbox
    -Contacts Sync
    -The Sims 3 10th Anniversary Edition ( Didn't see this on mine)
    -Battery indicator
    -Calendar alert chime
    -New Services: Samsung Media Hub
    -40+ bug fixes, UI changes and updates.

Credits:
    BIG thanks to samfirmware.com, rhcp0112345,Viralblack and the3dman