[ROM][T989UVMC6] Lightly Tweaked Stock [25/04]

Search This thread

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
Just trying to be clear, before I touch anything on my phone (it has been pretty darned stable with Jedi Mind Trick).

*This DOES have WIFI calling (since it is stock)?
*Does this require a Radio update (since it is non-odin installed)? I read that some people have issues if they do not flash the radio. I have no issue doing so, just need to know so I can make this transition as SMOOTH as possible.
*Do I HAVE to use TWRP 2.5? I have 2.4 or something earlier (will have to confirm is someone needs to know for certain).
* (this might be for the TWRP thread) is 2.5 backwards compatible with previous backups? I.e. if I move to this to allow the flash of JB, can I later on use 2.5 to restore a 2.4 or 2.2 (not sure which I have) backup - in case I want to go back to my Jedi Mind Trick ICS?

Thanks!

--Ironhead

Last edited:

droid75

Apr 4, 2012
Do I need to flash Gapps? If so what version? Reason I ask is that I can't add a google account and the play store is nowhere to be found after flashing.

namanjr

Sep 14, 2009
Just trying to be clear, before I touch anything on my phone (it has been pretty darned stable with Jedi Mind Trick).

*This DOES have WIFI calling (since it is stock)?
*Does this require a Radio update (since it is non-odin installed)? I read that some people have issues if they do not flash the radio. I have no issue doing so, just need to know so I can make this transition as SMOOTH as possible.
*Do I HAVE to use TWRP 2.5? I have 2.4 or something earlier (will have to confirm is someone needs to know for certain).
* (this might be for the TWRP thread) is 2.5 backwards compatible with previous backups? I.e. if I move to this to allow the flash of JB, can I later on use 2.5 to restore a 2.4 or 2.2 (not sure which I have) backup - in case I want to go back to my Jedi Mind Trick ICS?

Thanks!

--Ironhead

Yes this has wifi calling, and while you don't need to flash the radio you might have issues with the radio if you don't. I tried it with the Telus radio and it kept disconnecting randomly and never showed the signal bars, the new tmobile one worked though. As for the TWRP you can use any recent recovery properly, i just like to update and yes it's 100% backwards compatible..

Do I need to flash Gapps? If so what version? Reason I ask is that I can't add a google account and the play store is nowhere to be found after flashing.

Yes this does have gapps, i'm not 100% sure what caused your issue since i tested it without issue. Did you wipe before you flashed?

Last edited:

cwwjr1681

Jun 17, 2010
I have the same issue. I reinstalled and wipped 5 times. No gmail no market. No gapps

Last edited:

Abdu24

Jan 23, 2013
Also having the same issue. No Google apps installed except Google search. Wiped and installed 3 times and still.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

cwwjr1681

Jun 17, 2010
Also having the same issue. No Google apps installed except Google search. Wiped and installed 3 times and still.

I think the current upload of the rom which you "download" is corrupted. When I try to move files around in "preload" section OR the system/app on my computer it tells me file is corrupted. The OP may want to re upload. This would be the issue of why it does not do a proper install.

Last edited:

namanjr

Sep 14, 2009
I think the current upload of the rom which you "download" is corrupted. When I try to move files around in "preload" section OR the system/app on my computer it tells me file is corrupted. The OP may want to re upload. This would be the issue of why it does not do a proper install.

I'm working on fixing the problem, i should have a new rom up soon.

EDIT : New rom up that should work , there was a system link error with the preload partition. I'm not sure how it never affected everyone though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MassiveAttack

ironhead65

Jul 2, 2007
Finally got to installing this. Any way to disable the fun "you have fully charged your phone" alert? Very annoying and not sleeping wife friendly.

Thanks!

--Ironhead

lostsurfer

Aug 20, 2008
Guessing this isn't rooted? I installed Titanium Backup to debloat and it said that it's not rooted??

lostsurfer

Aug 20, 2008
is SU installed already if so go update it in the play store if that doesnt work do you see permissions in your settings menu any where if so open it up and give root to titanium

That's weird, it didn't notify me of updates, went to check out play store, bam like every app including SU needs to be updated. I'm gonna give this a shot and see what happens, thanks my man.

**Update: updating it got.

Last edited:

lostsurfer

Aug 20, 2008
Has anyone tested the tethering addon? reason I ask is I flashed it after this room and was stuck in a boot loop.

qais9

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for this, I just wanted a lightly tweaked stock rom for my aunt's phone. She was running some super old rom. Flashed this and everything looked great :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dab231

Apr 3, 2011
Florida
www.360chatter.com
Has anyone tested the tethering addon? reason I ask is I flashed it after this room and was stuck in a boot loop.
Works perfect for me just flash dont wipe cache, go to apn in settings press menu and restore defaults.. Voila! Tested today.

You can try tether addon flashable zip from koragg stock rom. I also delete tetherprovision.apk.
Update;I also finally triggered/encountered a bootloop after flashing the addon. I pulled my battery rebooted to recovery flashed the alternative tethering addon from another thread and Im fine now. Hope it works for you.

Last edited:

cannondale0815

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks for this great ROM -- installed it on my mother's S2, and she loves it.

I have one problem and am not sure if it's a problem in the stock TMO JB or inherent to this lightly tweaked version. In some apps, i.e. "NYC Bus & Subway Maps", some screens appear to have black font on a black background, so I can't see the options. For this app, the problem is in the screen that allows you to download maps for offline use. This was not the case in the stock ICS version.

Could someone be so kind to verify that for me?

P.S.: I did a factory reset in TWRP before installing this ROM.

Here's a screenshot:

1498klv.png

Last edited:

dab231

Apr 3, 2011
Florida
www.360chatter.com
Thanks for this great ROM -- installed it on my mother's S2, and she loves it.

I have one problem and am not sure if it's a problem in the stock TMO JB or inherent to this lightly tweaked version. In some apps, i.e. "NYC Bus & Subway Maps", some screens appear to have black font on a black background, so I can't see the options. For this app, the problem is in the screen that allows you to download maps for offline use. This was not the case in the stock ICS version.

Could someone be so kind to verify that for me?

P.S.: I did a factory reset in TWRP before installing this ROM.

Here's a screenshot:

1498klv.png

Dont factory reset, use infamous super wipe or wipe data system, cache, dalvik and preload. Personally I use infamous cache wipe and infamous superwipe.

foltz61

Jun 14, 2007
Is the tethering addon for stealth tehtering? I'm assuming so since tethering works without it. I just want to be sure. Thanks.

Edit: Bit the bullet and flashed this again. No bootloop this time. Also researched the changes it made and confirmed that it is for stealth tethering.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lightly Tweaked Stock

Purpose of Rom
    You may have noticed that this rom unlike others is essential all stock. I've done this for the people who want a clean rom to start their own development from or just like the complete stock experience without the hassle of Odin and rooting afterword.

Features
    Based off UVMC6 (4.1.2)
    Deodexed
    Rooted with supersu
    CM10 APN

Screenshots

UVMC6 Related Issues
    If you don't use a radio based on a 4.1.2 rom you will get no signal bars and may experience frequent disconnects. If you're on a provider other then t-mobile like me you will be able to connect to your data network provider if cm10 supports it but you will need to disable wifi calling in the settings.

Flashing Instructions
    Use Odin to get a custom recovery (Tested on TWRP 2.5)
    Wipe System/Data/Cache/Davlik/Preload
    Flash Rom
    Reboot
    Let sit for 10 minutes
    Reboot agian
    Enjoy!

Download
    Dev-Host
    Size: 446.91 MB
    MD5 Sum: a41bc802c8a6719016cf816b6749f96c

1.0 (Play Store might not work)
    Dev-Host
    Size: 446.92 MB
    MD5 Sum: e5686d16172b58d723cd1776a9851913

Tethering Addon
    Dev-Host
    Size: 12.55 MB
    MD5 Sum: 1c0ddbbc8dabe9caf5904c14a98b0da4
    (Also disables CIQ)
    No offense, but this is not development, this belongs in general.

I think your lost lol... No offense
    Absolutely you can.

Perhaps I am, what have you done here then development wise other than posting a rooted stock 4.1.2.? Seems like there are about 20 threads in this forum that already that cover this.

If you don't know what the difference is between this and the other 20 then flash it and see or STFU and GTFU! :good:
    Sigh

No offense, but this is not development, this belongs in general.
    cool no worries bro glad to help hit the thanks button :D