[ROM][Tab S][NOUGAT]Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 [T700/T705/T800/T805][UNOFFICIAL][OTA]

Would you like Magisk on my builds ?

• yes

Votes: 213 69.6%
  • no, remove it!

Votes: 93 30.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Nougat
LuisROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
(SM-T800) (SM-T805)
and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
(SM-T700) (SM-T705)
(chagallwifi) (chagalllte) (klimtlte) (klimtwifi)
device.png

Code:
*** Disclamer
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Samsumg Tab S variants only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM-Review from Koogly on YouTube:

Root & Magisk
  • Rootless
  • Some users have problems with the build-in installation script of Magisk, so I removed Magisk from the builds. Please download Magisk-Module and install Magisk with TWRP manualy.

Tweaks/Mods
  • Support signature spoofing (microG/GmsCore)
  • Lockscreen autorotation

Installation instructions
  • Download the latest build
  • Download opengapps.org
  • Make a nandroid backup
  • Recommended - Full wipe system/data (first install)
  • Flash latest Twrp (T800/T805) & Firmware from sammobile.com (T800/T805)
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash Gapps
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy!

Update installation:
  • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
  • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
  • Flash updated ROM base
  • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Bootloader & Modem
Please make sure that the bootloader and the modem firmware are up to date. Current bootloaders and modem firmwares for T800/ T805/T700/T705 to flash with Odin. Thanks Tkkg1994:

Changelog

Donate for my dog Luis, he is looking forward to an extra bone:

Special thanks to:

Thanks to the Exynos5420 team:
  • deadman96385
  • thompatry
  • ZakooZ
  • Orion116
  • joshndroid
  • Andmoreagain
  • thermskin
  • javelinanddart
  • tincho5588
  • ShevT
  • DarkExistence
  • and of course to all the supporters.

Sources/Kernel

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][Tab S][NOUGAT]Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 [T700/T705/T800/T805][UNOFFICIAL][OTA], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
8224Freak
Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: LL Bootloader
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 5.8.5
Stable Release Date: 2020-03-24

Created 2017-05-13
Last Updated 2020-03-24

Last edited:

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
Thanks a lot , RR still my favourite ROM :) downloaded as soon as I have seen it, I will install now :good:

Bonito77

May 9, 2010
Earth
@8224Freak , can't believe it. RR on tab s lives trough your hands. For this great news, thanks. Leave RR last week. One question about the gapps. Should i use the nano package or can i use the pico package as on RR from DarkExistence ?

Reactions: 8224Freak

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
@8224Freak , can't believe it. RR on tab s lives trough your hands. For this great news, thanks. Leave RR last week. One question about the gapps. Should i use the nano package or can i use the pico package as on RR from DarkExistence ?
Hello, i think you can use this package. But i don't have test it. Plesse report me when you have problems.

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
Working great, except (not really a bug) that the begging of the boot animation, the firt half of the boot animation approximately, is very slow and seems like in 5fps and then at the middle it suddenly going normal fast (faster and smoother ) and not due the the default boot animation, I flash others to try but still the same (I hope it was understandable)
Except this everything working (and no fp scanner like usual)

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

I have no plan for a official RR Version. This builds are compiled for my private use from difference sources to run on this devices.
And except ota and written "official" it's the same

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
Working great, except (not really a bug) that the begging of the boot animation, the firt half of the boot animation approximately, is very slow and seems like in 5fps and then at the middle it suddenly going normal fast (faster and smoother ) and not due the the default boot animation, I flash others to try but still the same (I hope it was understandable)
Except this everything working (and no fp scanner like usual)

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

And except ota and written "official" it's the same

Hi!
The shlow bootanimation is not a bug. At the first boot must the kernel setup the system.
I will inegrate a ota update function in the future.
Thanks Frank

Bonito77

May 9, 2010
Earth
Hi, first i flashed the Rom with Pico then with Nano gapps, both times i became this on the screenshot. Then flashed the rom, first boot, choosed the Trebuchet launcher, flashed the Pico gapps package, rebooted and now I'm on the homescreen. More report will follow.

Attachments

• IMAG1718.jpg
    IMAG1718.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 9,244

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
Hi, first i flashed the Rom with Pico then with Nano gapps, both times i became this on the screenshot. Then flashed the rom, first boot, choosed the Trebuchet launcher, flashed the Pico gapps package, rebooted and now I'm on the homescreen. More report will follow.
Opengapps don't work with 7.1.2 , use the beans gapps instead, no problems or FC with it :)

Reactions: Bonito77

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
firstly thank you for your time and effort with this RR rom...glad to see it back....small issue...tried using 'flashify' and it requested root for which i attempted to grant it via magisk but it refused root...so thought ok will just flash superSU.....worng...totally put the device in a boot loop...so much so that i had to reflash stock TW through odin and then go throuigh all the process of re flashing everything again....is there an issue with superSU and this rom...has anyone else here had an issue with root...?

8224Freak

May 6, 2017
Berlin
firstly thank you for your time and effort with this RR rom...glad to see it back....small issue...tried using 'flashify' and it requested root for which i attempted to grant it via magisk but it refused root...so thought ok will just flash superSU.....worng...totally put the device in a boot loop...so much so that i had to reflash stock TW through odin and then go throuigh all the process of re flashing everything again....is there an issue with superSU and this rom...has anyone else here had an issue with root...?
SuperSu should be running when Magisk is uninstall. Please use then the last version of SuperSU. I have test it with the last SuperSu Beta 2.79 SR3.

Marcelo_RJ

Aug 12, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Just reporting:

Successfully flashed may 14th on Brazilian T805M, but only on the second attemp, using beansgapps mini.
Flashing opengapps resulted in errors while trying to do the first configuration steps.
So far, everything's fine. The ROM has all RR customization options the I'd expect plus it's quite smooth. Beautiful.
Please notice that I didn't try mobile network, I'm using it only with WIFI connection, so I can't say if it works.

Thank you very much for this ROM.

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
I use opengapps but you must boot clean wiped rom without opengapps befor install opengapps.
Seems easier with beans gapps now. Flash rom + beans gapps, reboot and no problems or FC
Just a little question, is there in the dev community plans to try to support the fingerprint scanner, as aosp is stable and there is no big issue to fix ATM?
Have a nice day everyone

Carlosk1966

Feb 22, 2015
Update

RR N. Great, my famous Rom. Made clean install yesterday from AICP and every thing work great.
I see today build is avalible. How to update? Just dirty flash zip file, or do i need flash Gapps too?
Thanks for great ROM.

Reactions: 8224Freak

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
RR N. Great, my famous Rom. Made clean install yesterday from AICP and every thing work great.
I see today build is avalible. How to update? Just dirty flash zip file, or do i need flash Gapps too?
Thanks for great ROM.
I always do this for updates : wipe nothing, flash the new rom, flash the gapps,(flash magisk but useless on rr it's done automatically with with rom) then wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Unoffical Resurrection Remix Nougat
    LuisROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    (SM-T800) (SM-T805)
    and Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
    (SM-T700) (SM-T705)
    (chagallwifi) (chagalllte) (klimtlte) (klimtwifi)
    device.png

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

This is a unofficial Resurrection Remix Nougat V5.8.5 based on LineageOS.

This is a ROM that works on Samsumg Tab S variants only! This ROM comes with a highly-customized kernel, as well as some other very custom modifications.

I will NOT provide support if you install a custom kernel!

Introduction

Hello Friends!

I had troubles to find current builds for my devices so I decided to make regular builds for my devices. When my friends told me about similar problems, I extended the builds to include their devices as well. So these builds were and are mainly for my friends and me, but I finally decided to provide them also for public download.

Unofficial Resurrection Remix the ROM (LuisROMs) an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device.

My Buildserver
    My buildserver automatically creates a new nightly build every second day from the current sources (RR, LineageOS, AOSP) and my personal repositories, even if nothing has changed in the changelog. The RR Updater informs you about new OTA updates. You can also download my nightlys via the RR OTA Updater.

Notice
    Sometimes I get a lot of help or feature requests from users of my LuisROMs. My dog Luis and I try to fulfill most of the wishes, but that is not always possible. I do that as a little hobby and Luis does not always want to build ROMs :). Please understand if I can not always answer directly.

ROM-Review from Koogly on YouTube:

Root & Magisk
    • Rootless
    • Some users have problems with the build-in installation script of Magisk, so I removed Magisk from the builds. Please download Magisk-Module and install Magisk with TWRP manualy.

Tweaks/Mods
    • Support signature spoofing (microG/GmsCore)
    • Lockscreen autorotation

Installation instructions
    • Download the latest build
    • Download opengapps.org
    • Make a nandroid backup
    • Recommended - Full wipe system/data (first install)
    • Flash latest Twrp (T800/T805) & Firmware from sammobile.com (T800/T805)
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Gapps
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!

Update installation:
    • Download latest build with LuisROM RR Updater App (Settings > Configurations menu)
    • Boot to TWRP and make a backup
    • Flash updated ROM base
    • Reboot and enjoy

Download

Bootloader & Modem
    Please make sure that the bootloader and the modem firmware are up to date. Current bootloaders and modem firmwares for T800/ T805/T700/T705 to flash with Odin. Thanks Tkkg1994:

Changelog

Donate for my dog Luis, he is looking forward to an extra bone:

Special thanks to:

Thanks to the Exynos5420 team:
    • deadman96385
    • thompatry
    • ZakooZ
    • Orion116
    • joshndroid
    • Andmoreagain
    • thermskin
    • javelinanddart
    • tincho5588
    • ShevT
    • DarkExistence
    • and of course to all the supporters.

Sources/Kernel

My Sources/Blobs/Tweaks

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Tab S][NOUGAT]Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 [T700/T705/T800/T805][UNOFFICIAL][OTA], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S

Contributors
    8224Freak
    Source Code: https://github.com/FraEgg/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LL Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 5.8.5
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-24

Created 2017-05-13
    Last Updated 2020-03-24
    Hello, i have today merge all commits from the exynos540 kernel team to my build. i hope to fix some issues with light and touchkeys. Please test the new builds tomorrow.

Greets Frank
    I dirty flash these updates, including this one. And I use T805, I guess the OTA builds are the unstable ones and nightly builds are stable.. lol
    Hello,

Today i have fixed and revert some kernel issues. I hope the next build is smooth running. Sorry for the delay..

Cu Frank
    @8224Freak could you add aptX codec for chagallwifi.

Hi!

Changelog builds after 01/23/2018:
    - Add AptXHD for all exynos 5420 devices

Now we just have to wait and see if the new build will work tomorrow with aptX HD ;) I have implemented this fix from @nvertigo in to the device-common for all my exynos 5420 devices (P-600, T-700/T705, T800/T805). ;)

Cu Frank
    New builds out now!

Some users have problems with the build-in installation script of Magisk, so I removed Magisk from the builds. Please download Magisk-Module and install Magisk with TWRP manualy.

Greetings from Berlin! Frank