[ROM][TAR] L720 Stock OD2 Odin flashable

Search This thread

akaTRAP

Mar 2, 2014
No, use the OH1 tar from www.sammobile.com

IWSJX5e.jpg

I'm having trouble finding one for L720.

EDIT: Nvm I found it :p

Last edited:

xmicroman

Thanks for this can someone help me I get failed...
@random45 @bilgerryan
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/004> sbl2.mbn
<ID:0/004> sbl3.mbn
<ID:0/004> rpm.mbn
<ID:0/004> tz.mbn
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> __XmitData_Write
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Added!!

suggestions? I have a sph-l720 sprint usa

ghostnik

Nov 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
not quite sure, but one of the most common causes of odin failures is when you try flashing an older version. download the latest tar.
Samsung doesnt allow downgrades via odin.

Download L720VPSGPL1 from sammobile and try flashing it. Let me know how it goes

Hey quick question as i got an old sprint galaxy s4 from aunt and tried to first root it and was successful. Then i tried to sim unlock it following the methods on xda forum, to try and get it to work on tmobile network. I actually ended even changing the baseband and putting on a custom rom. But then i tried to flash another stock rom via Odin and i got an error saying failed. Now i get error message: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

I wanted to know if i could flash the L720 tar that you posted in first page of the thread to get the phone back up and working. And also would i lose root by using this stock rom that you posted? Please i need to find out how to undo what i just did and have phone working so i can eventually unlock it and give to my grandma who is on tmobile network. Any ideas or suggestions will be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

So i first rooted the device and then tried to follow the instructions on xda forums about how to sim unlock it. None of them worked so i then changed the baseband to a different version and still the sim unlock would not work. So then i flashed a custom rom i believe it was cyanogen rom. Still would not sim unlock. So then i tried to use odin and flash a stock rom as i found out with custom roms i don't get the service menu. And thats when i encountered an error in which odin said that flash of stock rom failed!!! so now i get an error message saying: "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. please select recovery mode in kies & try again" I can go into download mode with no problem but can't access recovery mode. i wanted to know since my model is sph-L720 if i could flash this stock OD2 that you posted to get the phone back to working conditions? Anyone out there with any ideas on how i can fix it and get the phone back up and working normal again?

ipickedausername

May 2, 2022
Several years late, but thanks for this. Decided to convert my S4 SPH-L720 that had been collecting dust for a few years into an MP3 player and wanted to install LineageOS. No go until I flashed this. No problems imstalling LineageOS 18.1 after that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do NOT rename the tar file, it may cause Odin to fail the md5 check.
    This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and don't want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Download Link: L720 L720T

BACK UP ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND PICTURES/VIDEOS ON YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD. THIS MAY ERASE EVERYTHING.

Instructions:
    1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
    2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
    3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
    4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
    5. Start flashing
    6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
    7. Profit
    Includes bootloader as well?

My phone's screen has smashed, so I cannot verify, but I'm sure it does have a new bootloader. I flashed this on my phone successfully (I can hear the Samsung Boot Sound), but cannot verify anymore than that.
    I had an issue flashing OD2 a few weeks ago. My phone ended up being stuck on derp mode. What I recommend that worked for me to get completely on OD2 is flash stock unrooted Kit Kat 4.4.2 onto your phone, set it all up and let it self update via OTA to Lollipop. Once you're on Lollipop than root and try to see if this Rom will work. Make sure you flash the correct Kit Kat, if your phone is l720T than flash the rom for that model same if your phone is l720. If you don't know your phone model just pull the battery and the phones info will be there.
    Thanks, all I had to do was ownload the proper odin (L720) and it flashed everything fine. I'm good now.
    I hope our hero's havent abandoned the S4. I would love this as a rom only, de-knoxed, with hotspot hack. I have the firmware and modem files already.

edit: actually i dont really care about knox anymore, just the hotspot.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3108732

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

I hope our hero's havent abandoned the S4. I would love this as a rom only, de-knoxed, with hotspot hack. I have the firmware and modem files already.

edit: actually i dont really care about knox anymore, just the hotspot.

And check here for mods
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3108955
    All the info is right there. My post says that link is for the L720T, you don't have the L720T, so you would use the one in the OP.

Thanks for the quick response. I just wanted to be sure I was flashing the right TAR. Didn't want to brick my phone.

I downloaded and flashed the TAR from the first post, and all went perfect. I'm now on Lollipop 5.0.1.

Thanks to OP for this TAR!!!! :D