[ROM][TAR] SM-N910P Stock OF5 Odin Flashable

Search This thread

random45

Dec 4, 2010
This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and don't want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Edit: New link added 6/21/16

Download Link: Google Drive

Do NOT rename the tar file, it may cause Odin to fail the md5 check.
Code:
(N910PVPU3BOF5_N910PSPT3BOF5_N910PVPU3BOF5_HOME.tar.md5)

Instructions:
1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
5. Start flashing
6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
7. Profit

Last edited:

grmcrkrs

Oct 28, 2013
Waco TX
:( This link is dead, it's actually deemed "dangerous", which of course is crap... Does anyone have a link to this firmware?

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Does anybody still have this firmware version available? The latest marshmallow updates are destroying Galaxy phones left and right with no solution other than paying Samsung to fix the problem and waiting 2 weeks without your device.

This is NOT ROOTED. Its the original TAR file for people who need an Emergency Recovery for their phones, and don't want to wait hours for it to download from slow file hosts.

Download Link: MediaFire

Do NOT rename the tar file, it may cause Odin to fail the md5 check.
Code:
(N910PVPU3BOF5_N910PSPT3BOF5_N910PVPU3BOF5_HOME.tar.md5)

Instructions:
1. Download and Extract tar above and download Odin
2. Put phone into download mode (power off, then power button + Volume Down, then volume up when prompted)
3. Open Odin (right click > open as administrator)
4. Load stock tar into the PDA slot
5. Start flashing
6. Grab some popcorn because it will take a while
7. Profit

random45

Dec 4, 2010
Does anybody still have this firmware version available? The latest marshmallow updates are destroying Galaxy phones left and right with no solution other than paying Samsung to fix the problem and waiting 2 weeks without your device.

Its still in my mediafire folder. I'll upload it to another site since mediafire has flagged it

Edit: Here is the new link

Last edited:

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Thank you so much. I will let you know if this actually fixes my woes.... this ROM may become a major fix for a lot of people while Samsung continues to argue with us that there isn't a problem worth filing a bug report for.

Its still in my mediafire folder. I'll upload it to another site since mediafire has flagged it

Edit: Here is the new link

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Bah, giving me a software revision check error in odin. I guess this means I have to replace the bootloader? samsung is killing me here, they issued a faulty update and blocked off all means of recovery... won't buy one of these devices again.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Bah, giving me a software revision check error in odin. I guess this means I have to replace the bootloader? samsung is killing me here, they issued a faulty update and blocked off all means of recovery... won't buy one of these devices again.
Don't know what problem you're experiencing but most likely you can't go back to Android 5.0 through Odin.

Did you try OG5 or higher stock tar? Actually, I'd recommend OK1 or latest. If older ROMs are your goal, backup, wipe everything but extSdCard and Odin OG5 and up to match bootloader of ROM, flash the ROM. Do not Odin any tar below OG5.

If the ROM is Android 5.0 or KitKat, I think you still need to flash an Odin tar that's Android 5.1 and you need to flash an Android 5.1 kernel, like Beastmode 2.2 Flash ROM and then kernel before booting.

Can't imagine latest ROMs are to blame for ruining your phone. Marshmallow is a bit if a prude until you get familiar with it and setup properly. But if that's not to your liking, give Moar 2.1b a try. Backup and wipe as above and Odin back to OK1 if you don't have a backup. Follow the OP install instructions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

tommacco

May 13, 2011
Don't know what problem you're experiencing but most likely you can't go back to Android 5.0 through Odin.

Did you try OG5 or higher stock tar? Actually, I'd recommend OK1 or latest. If older ROMs are your goal, backup, wipe everything but extSdCard and Odin OG5 and up to match bootloader of ROM, flash the ROM. Do not Odin any tar below OG5.

If the ROM is Android 5.0 or KitKat, I think you still need to flash an Odin tar that's Android 5.1 and you need to flash an Android 5.1 kernel, like Beastmode 2.2 Flash ROM and then kernel before booting.

Can't imagine latest ROMs are to blame for ruining your phone. Marshmallow is a bit if a prude until you get familiar with it and setup properly. But if that's not to your liking, give Moar 2.1b a try. Backup and wipe as above and Odin back to OK1 if you don't have a backup. Follow the OP install instructions.

The stock OTA update from Sprint (PE1) started all these shenanigans with the phone, and it's done the same for many people across a few different carriers from what I've seen on the internet.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
The stock OTA update from Sprint (PE1) started all these shenanigans with the phone, and it's done the same for many people across a few different carriers from what I've seen on the internet.
I updated bootloader and baseband only to PE1 and flashed a custom ROM. Later flashed a custom PE2 ROM. The ROMs are Note 4our by @freeza beta 2 and beta 3.

I see nothing wrong with PE1 or PE2. Did you try a factory reset? It does seem data from Lollipop can interfere with custom ROMs on Marshmallow. Main issue I saw with that was ItsOn on the root folder: /carrier/ItsOn The apk in that folder can partially activate on a factory reset and continually reboot a phone trying to setup the ItsOn bootstrapper but cannot so the cycle continues until you fix it. Wiping internal memory and factory reset prior to custom ROM (especially after stock tar update) will help but the developers may have removed that possibility in recent ROMs.

OTA may be suspect too but may only apply if rooting it. ItsOn and Knox don't play nice with root.

I'm not aware of cross carrier issues though?

tommacco

May 13, 2011
I updated bootloader and baseband only to PE1 and flashed a custom ROM. Later flashed a custom PE2 ROM. The ROMs are Note 4our by @freeza beta 2 and beta 3.

I see nothing wrong with PE1 or PE2. Did you try a factory reset? It does seem data from Lollipop can interfere with custom ROMs on Marshmallow. Main issue I saw with that was ItsOn on the root folder: /carrier/ItsOn The apk in that folder can partially activate on a factory reset and continually reboot a phone trying to setup the ItsOn bootstrapper but cannot so the cycle continues until you fix it. Wiping internal memory and factory reset prior to custom ROM (especially after stock tar update) will help but the developers may have removed that possibility in recent ROMs.

OTA may be suspect too but may only apply if rooting it. ItsOn and Knox don't play nice with root.

I've done factory reset, wiped cache partition, reflashed PE1 and PE2 to no avail. This all started with OTA updates- I didn't touch the software or try flashing anything myself until these problems persisted and didn't go away with factory resets. I've seen others report these same issues in sprint/other forums, seems they ran into similar issues with recent OTA updates of the S5 as well. Sprint claims they're aware of this and are working with Samsung, Samsung support claims it's my problem and I have to pay to get them to reflash the latest update (which I've proven to myself is futile), in the meantime I'm left with a device that is essentially crippled by these frequent restarts and crashes. That's what I get for sticking with stock software ::sigh::. I may start exploring custom ROMs, which I tend to not trust due to the obvious security concerns, so I'm not left with a $700 brick as Sprint and Samsung worry exclusively about devices launched in the last 6 months.

samep

Dec 8, 2011
I've done factory reset, wiped cache partition, reflashed PE1 and PE2 to no avail. This all started with OTA updates- I didn't touch the software or try flashing anything myself until these problems persisted and didn't go away with factory resets. I've seen others report these same issues in sprint/other forums, seems they ran into similar issues with recent OTA updates of the S5 as well. Sprint claims they're aware of this and are working with Samsung, Samsung support claims it's my problem and I have to pay to get them to reflash the latest update (which I've proven to myself is futile), in the meantime I'm left with a device that is essentially crippled by these frequent restarts and crashes. That's what I get for sticking with stock software ::sigh::. I may start exploring custom ROMs, which I tend to not trust due to the obvious security concerns, so I'm not left with a $700 brick as Sprint and Samsung worry exclusively about devices launched in the last 6 months.
It's things like Carrier IQ, ItsOn, Knox, infrequent kernel updates (well that may be corrected now with monthly security updates) and bloat that prohibits my trust of carrier and manufacturer to get things right where my battery doesn't drain, phone doesn't lag and get warm for no apparent reason. Just hate the feeling that someone else just used my phone when I wake it out of standby.

I may have to agree to those terms to run the software but it doesn't prohibit developers from using open source code and methods to make things work better. IMO, that improves personal security rather than put me at risk. It may only be network meta data that Sprint retrieves with ItsOn but that doesn't come without a loss of battery and resources (induced drain and lag).

I trust little but the ROMs I run are mostly stock. Just have the garbage removed or under control with some added custom features. But I still can't deal with Sprint Zone running on my phone but I may not be in the majority on that one. I freeze it.

You mentioned checking custom ROMs out, freeza has a PE1/PE2 ROM out that takes an additional step to prevent some of the things I've brought up with rooted phones. It may help with your frequent reboots. I'm running it with PE1 bootloader and baseband until those flashes are available for PE2 in the bootloader baseband thread.

tommacco

May 13, 2011
It's things like Carrier IQ, ItsOn, Knox, infrequent kernel updates (well that may be corrected now with monthly security updates) and bloat that prohibits my trust of carrier and manufacturer to get things right where my battery doesn't drain, phone doesn't lag and get warm for no apparent reason. Just hate the feeling that someone else just used my phone when I wake it out of standby.

I may have to agree to those terms to run the software but it doesn't prohibit developers from using open source code and methods to make things work better. IMO, that improves personal security rather than put me at risk. It may only be network meta data that Sprint retrieves with ItsOn but that doesn't come without a loss of battery and resources (induced drain and lag).

I trust little but the ROMs I run are mostly stock. Just have the garbage removed or under control with some added custom features. But I still can't deal with Sprint Zone running on my phone but I may not be in the majority on that one. I freeze it.

You mentioned checking custom ROMs out, freeza has a PE1/PE2 ROM out that takes an additional step to prevent some of the things I've brought up with rooted phones. It may help with your frequent reboots. I'm running it with PE1 bootloader and baseband until those flashes are available for PE2 in the bootloader baseband thread.

Yeah I don't really trust Sprint at all to be honest with you, or any US carrier for that matter... my options seem to be limited toward trying to deal with this nonsense, flashing custom ROMs for which I can't verify the security integrity (sure a lot of folks doing this stuff mean well, but it only takes one bad actor and all of the sudden what little privacy I have is gone), or switching to Apple who thoroughly QAs all of their releases, gives loaners out when problems arise, etc. None of those options are particularly appealing to me unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

It seems as though the PD1 firmware (had to remove the cache.img.ext4 and repackage it) has since fixed these problems. I will update this thread if I noticed the problems again, but if anyone else is coming across the problems I noticed I would highly suggest atttempting this line of remediation since Sprint and Samsung support will not help you.

freeza

Recognized Developer
May 28, 2006
Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah I don't really trust Sprint at all to be honest with you, or any US carrier for that matter... my options seem to be limited toward trying to deal with this nonsense, flashing custom ROMs for which I can't verify the security integrity (sure a lot of folks doing this stuff mean well, but it only takes one bad actor and all of the sudden what little privacy I have is gone), or switching to Apple who thoroughly QAs all of their releases, gives loaners out when problems arise, etc. None of those options are particularly appealing to me unfortunately.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

It seems as though the PD1 firmware (had to remove the cache.img.ext4 and repackage it) has since fixed these problems. I will update this thread if I noticed the problems again, but if anyone else is coming across the problems I noticed I would highly suggest atttempting this line of remediation since Sprint and Samsung support will not help you.
Why did you repackage cache? It only contains csc related things and I assume won't flash with odin unless the entire tar is repacked with a different md5

Top Liked Posts