• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(ROM)Task650 & Phantom's "Extreme Stock Experience" 10/16 WIFI ONLY

Search This thread

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
Just wondering: stock-ROM was out quite a while, then TW came out.
Now I cannot believe that the TW-ROM equals stock-ROM + TW-interface.

So did Samsung not also modify/improve other parts of stock-ROM and added TW on top? I don't like TW myself but if I install this stock-ROM, won't I get
the crappy bits of stock as well ??

I think I sort of know what you are trying to ask. this rom has been debloated so it is just stock honeycomb (we call vanilla honeycomb) just like maybe on a xoom. it still does have a few traces of Samsung, for example the camera app is still Samsung and not the stock honeycomb one and when you connect the tab via usb to PC with debugging off, it connects via Samsung kies mtp. but yeh otherwise all the Samsung bloatware like pen memo, task manager etc has been removed

lgsshedden

installed tonight: had initially used Team Overcome which I liked and thought I would take your Rom out for a spin and copmare as I am new to the Tab 10.1 and prefer to test myself rather than jump to conclusions based on others' opinions.
Good job you warn people about the initial boot time lag but then all fired up and is quite wonderful.
Like the look, very clean and great colour schemes, very nice choice of standard apps.

Postscript: sadly, I had to uninstall as the rom didn't allow my 7500 to access the internet using just the wireless connection and I don't have the keypad to access the support menus and futz -- loved what I did use and did top 3000 in quadrant, so I know there's lots to love!
My bad the title does say wifi only.User error!

Last edited:

rommelrommel

Sep 25, 2011
I think I sort of know what you are trying to ask. this rom has been debloated so it is just stock honeycomb (we call vanilla honeycomb) just like maybe on a xoom. it still does have a few traces of Samsung, for example the camera app is still Samsung and not the stock honeycomb one and when you connect the tab via usb to PC with debugging off, it connects via Samsung kies mtp. but yeh otherwise all the Samsung bloatware like pen memo, task manager etc has been removed

Yep, a noob here ;-)
I thought that the ROM originally provided on the SGT 7510 is called ´stock´
but it´s not. If someone talks about ´stock´it´s plain honeycomb.
Learning everyday.

mturco

Jun 28, 2010
Hey Task, maybe you can give me some pointers here. I'm trying to install your ROM from ClockworkMod and every time I reboot after flashing it, it sits at the Samsung logo screen forever. (And I don't mean for a few minutes - I've left it for 20 minutes and it did nothing.) I'm coming from a stock 3.1 (non-TW) ROM but it shouldn't matter because I'm wiping everything (system, data, cache, dalvik cache, etc - everything you can wipe).

Any ideas? I've redownloaded the zip and the result is the same. It's driving me nuts.

Edit: And I should mention, I do have a wifi-only Tab. Also, if it's relevant, the ClockworkMod version I'm running is 5.0.2.3 - should I be using v4?).

Just to follow up on this... I redownloaded it and it worked fine which really confuses me (both files were exactly the same size down to the byte).

Anyway, I finally know what everyone's talking about. Incredibly smooth ROM. Smoother than In Paris V4 in my experience. Nice job!

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
Is this getting an update soon since in Paris just got one? Nothing wrong with v1, just wondering.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
That may be true, but there is always room for improvement!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Is this getting an update soon since in Paris just got one? Nothing wrong with v1, just wondering.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

I don't think he's asking about 3.2. He's just asking if it's getting an update.

k i said "Probably not tbh because its as smooth as it can be plus task650 and phantonhacker are planning to skip 3.2 and just work on ice cream sandwich when the code is released"

to put it in simpler words so that slack04 can comprehend what i said a little better:
- i have used this rom since it was released and have never faced any problems apart from a couple of force closes every now and then which are an inherent problem in honeycomb and will never go away. the guy who asked if there was going to be an update himself says that there is nothing wrong with v1 if you look at his quote. so slack04 this is where the first part of my sentence comes from "Probably not tbh because its as smooth as it can be"
- you may wonder, yes its as smooth as it can be but could we be getting 3.2 as v2 of this rom. no because task and phantom dont plan on doing this. so slack04 this is where the second part of my sentence comes from "plus task650 and phantonhacker are planning to skip 3.2 and just work on ice cream sandwich when the code is released"

hope that clears up things. if you absolutely need a new rom to flash (like me), i suggest give all the different roms a try :D

Last edited:

slack04

May 4, 2010
k i said "Probably not tbh because its as smooth as it can be plus task650 and phantonhacker are planning to skip 3.2 and just work on ice cream sandwich when the code is released"

to put it in simpler words so that slack04 can comprehend what i said a little better:
- i have used this rom since it was released and have never faced any problems apart from a couple of force closes every now and then which are an inherent problem in honeycomb and will never go away. the guy who asked if there was going to be an update himself says that there is nothing wrong with v1 if you look at his quote. so slack04 this is where the first part of my sentence comes from "Probably not tbh because its as smooth as it can be"
- you may wonder, yes its as smooth as it can be but could we be getting 3.2 as v2 of this rom. no because task and phantom dont plan on doing this. so slack04 this is where the second part of my sentence comes from "plus task650 and phantonhacker are planning to skip 3.2 and just work on ice cream sandwich when the code is released"

hope that clears up things. if you absolutely need a new rom to flash (like me), i suggest give all the different roms a try :D

Bad form dude. In Paris v2 was a good ROM too. And now In Paris v5 is better. That's the nature of upgrade, not whether you think it's good enough. And if you need to make another response, please don't write like a pretentious 13-year-old.

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
Bad form dude. In Paris v2 was a good ROM too. And now In Paris v5 is better. That's the nature of upgrade, not whether you think it's good enough. And if you need to make another response, please don't write like a pretentious 13-year-old.

which is why i said "probably not" and not "definitely not". take more time to read and understand posts. stupid posts get stupid replies from me. And im more than happy to be that than mr boring and homuourless u :)

Last edited:

Icarez

Oct 20, 2008
I've flashed the rom, but when booting, the galaxy tab stay on the samsung boot screen.

It doesn't boot up.

What can i do ?

Icarez

Oct 20, 2008
15 - 20 min ? It's not soo long on a phone ?! Omg Oo

Ok, i will give a tray again.

Does anyone have the md5 checksum of the valid rom zip ?

Thnaks,

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

Ok, so i have flashed my tab again with the rom.

I gave a plenty time to boot : 30 min.
Same problem : The tab stay on the samsung galaxy tab logo...

Note : i'm using cwm 4.0.0.4.
Is there some problems with this version ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

mturco

Jun 28, 2010
It should not take 15-20 minutes. That's crazy. I've never seen a ROM take longer than 5ish minutes on the initial boot.

I would wait 10 minutes maximum before trying other options (redownload).

Icarez, I had the exact same issue and no one had any ideas for me. I redownloaded the ROM and tried to flash again and it worked fine. For what it's worth, I was using CWM 5.0.2.3. I doubt that would matter though.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
It should not take 15-20 minutes. That's crazy. I've never seen a ROM take longer than 5ish minutes on the initial boot.

I would wait 10 minutes maximum before trying other options (redownload).

Icarez, I had the exact same issue and no one had any ideas for me. I redownloaded the ROM and tried to flash again and it worked fine. For what it's worth, I was using CWM 5.0.2.3. I doubt that would matter though.

it actually can take up to 15-20 minutes. first boot for me on this rom took about 15 min or more

Reactions: doubleohwhatever

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
Hey, Task! Did you ever find out anything about the "wifi turning off" issue? Whether charging or not, I'll sometimes take my Tab out of style, only to find the wifi is down; says it's "turning off" except it never does. And you can't restart it again without a reboot. Seeing it daily now. I'm on Pershoot's kernel, btw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    taskandphantomlogo.png

Features:
    Based on Stock 3.1 (NO TOUCHWHIZ!!!)
    Pre-Loaded w/Bonsai Kernel (Overclockable to 1.4ghz and Voodoo Support)
    Added Ad-Hoc Support
    Default Browser is Maxathon Browser due to lag in the stock browser. (Working on it!)
    Deodexed
    Debloated
    Ram Optimizations
    Speed optimizations
    Mem Script
    Removed Boot Animation (Faster Bootup)
    Wifi Scan Intervel (Conserve Battery)
    SD Card Speed Hack
    Optimize TCP Stack
    Reboot Options
    Zipalign on boot
    Build.prop Tweaks

Minor Bugs:
    Only one! No biggy. com.android.phoneXXXX force closes twice on boot up but then you wont see it again. I'll be working on finding the culprit and have it fixed asap!

Installation
    1)Make an Nandroid Backup in CWM!!!!!!!!!
    2)Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3)Wipe Cache
    4)Wipe Dalvik
    5)Flash ROM
    6) Reboot and Enjoy!

Important!!!
    After boot up download setcpu and set the kernel governor to "Interactive for best performance!!!

Downloads
    http://www.multiupload.com/XGG3P8AN5I

Donations are not a requirement but they are always appreciated.

=======
    Mods
    =======
    Original HC Browser (Install with root explorer or es file explorer- may lag)
    TouchWizz Bar (App)

=======
    Themes
    =======
    Task650 and Phantom's "Extreme Stock" is LIVE and in the OP!!!
    naked pics of me and phantom
    waiting for it to be available...

5 minutes until upload finishes