(ROM)Task650 & Phantom's "Extreme Stock Experience" 10/16 WIFI ONLY

Search This thread

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hey, Task! Did you ever find out anything about the "wifi turning off" issue? Whether charging or not, I'll sometimes take my Tab out of style, only to find the wifi is down; says it's "turning off" except it never does. And you can't restart it again without a reboot. Seeing it daily now. I'm on Pershoot's kernel, btw.

I haven't seen it bro. Otherwise I would have an idea of how to figure it out. After you mention the issue I ran the rom for a while and it didn't happen. What you should do I flash back to stock kernel and see if it still occurs. Ill look around the file system tonight and see what I find also.

dpakrr

Oct 12, 2010
Wellington
Hey, Task! Did you ever find out anything about the "wifi turning off" issue? Whether charging or not, I'll sometimes take my Tab out of style, only to find the wifi is down; says it's "turning off" except it never does. And you can't restart it again without a reboot. Seeing it daily now. I'm on Pershoot's kernel, btw.

ok well you probably already know about this but have you set Wifi to never sleep. if not, you should.

if you are on a touchwiz rom:
go to settings->wireless and networks->wifi sleep policy->never

if you are on stock honeycomb:
go to settings->wireless and networks->wifi settings->press menu->wifi sleep->never

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
I haven't seen it bro. Otherwise I would have an idea of how to figure it out. After you mention the issue I ran the rom for a while and it didn't happen. What you should do I flash back to stock kernel and see if it still occurs. Ill look around the file system tonight and see what I find also.

Thanks! It's almost like wifi is set to turn off with the screen, but it doesn't happen always, and never immediately. And of course, the main issue is the inability to turn it back on after it does that, since it's stuck in "turning off." I'm really thinking it's a kernel issue, so I'll look through Pershoot's thread as well.

ok well you probably already know about this but have you set Wifi to never sleep. if not, you should.

if you are on a touchwiz rom:
go to settings->wireless and networks->wifi sleep policy->never

if you are on stock honeycomb:
go to settings->wireless and networks->wifi settings->press menu->wifi sleep->never

Yup. First thing I checked and it was already set to never. Even toggled to another choice and back.

Last edited:

lifesgreat

Jul 3, 2010
South, Fla
i rooted and installed this rom and everthing worked well. but for some reason when save pics for the web --long press-- the pictures never download. i had about 50pics saved went to gallery and the samples were all blank.maybe browser?

unreal2k

Jun 24, 2010
Hey Task and Phantom,
first off thank you for all your hard work. I have been playing with your custom rom and i really love it.
Today i tried the new version of plex, all went well with my HTC Incredible but the Gtab gets stuck on "Validating Connection" :confused:. Also, myplex videos crash. Any ideas? Thanks!

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
Push.

You did a good job with this rom. The only issue i have, is a force closing com.android.phone process after restarting the tablet.

Till when will we see a update of this rom (with the stock browser, blame me, but I like it :D)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    taskandphantomlogo.png

Features:
    Based on Stock 3.1 (NO TOUCHWHIZ!!!)
    Pre-Loaded w/Bonsai Kernel (Overclockable to 1.4ghz and Voodoo Support)
    Added Ad-Hoc Support
    Default Browser is Maxathon Browser due to lag in the stock browser. (Working on it!)
    Deodexed
    Debloated
    Ram Optimizations
    Speed optimizations
    Mem Script
    Removed Boot Animation (Faster Bootup)
    Wifi Scan Intervel (Conserve Battery)
    SD Card Speed Hack
    Optimize TCP Stack
    Reboot Options
    Zipalign on boot
    Build.prop Tweaks

Minor Bugs:
    Only one! No biggy. com.android.phoneXXXX force closes twice on boot up but then you wont see it again. I'll be working on finding the culprit and have it fixed asap!

Installation
    1)Make an Nandroid Backup in CWM!!!!!!!!!
    2)Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    3)Wipe Cache
    4)Wipe Dalvik
    5)Flash ROM
    6) Reboot and Enjoy!

Important!!!
    After boot up download setcpu and set the kernel governor to "Interactive for best performance!!!

Downloads
    http://www.multiupload.com/XGG3P8AN5I

Donations are not a requirement but they are always appreciated.

=======
    Mods
    =======
    Original HC Browser (Install with root explorer or es file explorer- may lag)
    TouchWizz Bar (App)

=======
    Themes
    =======
    Task650 and Phantom's "Extreme Stock" is LIVE and in the OP!!!
    naked pics of me and phantom
    waiting for it to be available...

5 minutes until upload finishes