[rom] [tblte,trlte and trlteduos] crDroid 4, 5, 6 and 7 (unofficial) (8.x, 9.x, 10.x and 11.x)

Search This thread

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Hi,

Great ROMs you are producing, thanks! This is my experience of testing cdDroid on 910F hardware.

The system looks very pretty and it is quite stable.

A common bug in Android 11 derivatives is Work profile apps loosing access to the data after the profile was disabled and then enabled again. The data becomes accessible again after reboot.

It seems to have started somewhere in Android 10 ROMs - some of them have this bug, some don't. I am testing the Work profile feature with Insular app, which isolates the bad apps in a separate profile with limited permissions and an ability to suspend the whole profile.

Another issue is encryption or lack of it.

Android 9 crDroid seems to be the last for 910F supporting both the encryption and Work profile.

ZenMind

Apr 4, 2019
Hi just moved to crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211028-trlte-v7.11 and all appears to be working well. I tried 7.12 but no go with mobile data.

I do have a question - under Settings/Privacy/Permissions Manager, I can see two new headings "Network" (36 of 36 apps allowed) and "Sensors" (283 of 283 apps allowed) I have not seen these in the permissions manager before. If anyone could enlighten me on these permissions it would be great. Apologies if i have missed this in previous posts.

lagaff4437

Jul 20, 2014
Tours
très bon travail fonctionne à merveille joyeux réveillon à vous

Translated by GT: very good job works wonderfully happy eve to you

Last edited by a moderator:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Just tried 7.13 trlte - nice work, but... Phone encryption doesn't work since crDroidAndroid-9.0-20191214-trlte-v5.10, which is an excellent ROM in any respect.

Is there any chance of addressing the encryption issue?

Happy new Year and thanks!

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Can you give information about which gaps should be used for 7.13?
I would imagine Android 11 for ARM from here:

Not sure if ARM64 would work. I am not using g these days, because they stick trackers everywhere while going political... To install, flash gapps straight after the ROM in TRWP and then boot the system.

Reactions: TOT-HEM

Failedmush284

Jan 15, 2022
Hi, I am new signing up to XDA I am having a bit of trouble with Gapps. I went with bitgapps but got the play store error saving not enough. ROM version 7.13 storage anyone can help much appreciated. thanks Dan

mr.sado

Jul 27, 2015
Sinnar
Hi, I have recently got my hands on a second hand N910F. I installed the latest 7.13 but I faced a lot of bugs like audio, video and stability issues so I tried some tricks and workarounds but with no luck.
I had to go all the way back to release 7.6 of may 2021 and what can I say? It's almost PERFECT! If not for the minor things like:
- Bluetooth audio connection falls randomly and reconnects again.
_ Camera app halts when I switch on HDR but and works fine after restart but I installed a lineageOS Camera mod and it works fine.
That's what I have noticed so far.
I'm running BiTGapps arm and magisk 23 and TWRP 3.3.1 with no issues.
I'm planning to find a bit more performant kernel cuz I noticed a little bit of lag when loading photos and neglectable glitches when playing 720p videos using HW decoder on MX Player.
It's a very stable ROM and acts fine as a daily driver.
So lots of thanks to the developer.

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I had to go all the way back to release 7.6 of may 2021 and what can I say? It's almost PERFECT! ...
It's a very stable ROM and acts fine as a daily driver.
When exploring the long history one may also try crDroidAndroid-8.1-20190119-trlte-v4.7.2, which is both stable and has the security features missing in the latest ROM: SELinux "enforcing", data encryption and correctly functioning Work profile (for sandboxing unsafe apps with Insular). Since then all crDroidAndroid and other ROMs lack the basic security features.

crDroidAndroid-8.1-20190119-trlte-v4.7.2.zip is linked to from the first message by transi1 in this thread.

I would like to draw attention to the security features of ROMs, because they enable the "daily driver" use case.

Last edited:

mr.sado

Jul 27, 2015
Sinnar
When exploring the long history one may also try crDroidAndroid-8.1-20190119-trlte-v4.7.2, which is both stable and has the security features missing in the latest ROM: SELinux "enforcing", data encryption and correctly functioning Work profile (for sandboxing unsafe apps with Insular). Since then all crDroidAndroid and other ROMs lack the basic security features.

crDroidAndroid-8.1-20190119-trlte-v4.7.2.zip is linked to from the first message by transi1 in this thread.

I would like to draw attention to the security features of ROMs, because they enable the "daily driver" use case.
Indeed safety first as the say goes, but I'm so reluctant when it comes to Android Version. I just don't want to use an older version of Android even if that was Android 10.
Currently I'm full of hope looking forward to a brand new Android 12 ROM! 😋

Reactions: porcino

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Indeed safety first as the say goes, but I'm so reluctant when it comes to Android Version. I just don't want to use an older version of Android even if that was Android 10.
Currently I'm full of hope looking forward to a brand new Android 12 ROM! 😋
Data security these days equals usability, and the phone tends to be taken outside of the secure environment..

I've tried Android 12 (LOS-19) alpha-ported to N7100. It worked straight away and quite smoothly to the surprise of the developer who hacked it without seeing the device. So... it sounds delicious!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts