[ROM][ Teclast P76Ti ] Unofficial Android 4.0.3 Firmware with Market and Google Apps

Search This thread

VashTS

Dec 4, 2011
Maybe someone can port JB to this device! I guess no one is focused on it any longer :(

I wouldn't mind learning how to do this stuff, anyone got a link to a good starting point for learning how to mod roms?

LuarAzul

Jun 1, 2009
Strange problem

First of all, many thanks for this firmware.

I'm having a strange problem: whenever I install the 4.0.3 android version (official or unofficial) the touchscreen needs a certain time to warm-up. More specifically, if the tablet has been off or sleeping for a few hours, then, when started, it auto-presses itself for the first few minutes of operation and then gradually becomes functional. For instance if I start a calculator it randomly presses buttons near the physical home button and then, as the tablet warms up, the auto-presses become less frequent until they disappear completely (5 to 10 minutes).

I thought this was a hardware problem, but then I downgraded to firmware 2.3.3 and the problem simply vanished. I've been using the tablet for months with 2.3.3 with no problem.

Yesterday I tried both of your versions, using the last one (r4) the touchscreen simply did not work (had to use a mouse to reboot). The other one worked really well but the tablet displayed the same auto-press behavior.

I've been searching Google for a long time to see if anyone has the same problem, but without success.

Could anyone help? Is this something that I could try to address through some software setting? (The tablet was manufactered January 2012.)

Thanks in advance,
Pedro.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Made a custom built firmware for Teclast P76TI. It is based on the latest LY-F1 and teclast ICS firmwares, and also has market built in (and working). The top buttons are also remapped to volume up and volume down instead of being menu and back (which are present at the bottom of the screen anyway)

The downloads also contain the LiveSuite from Ainol, as that also works on Windows 7 x64

There are two builds, one for tablets with a Goodix touch screen controller (revisions 1-3). Chose this if the other teclast ICS firmwares WORK on your device, as they are only support this touch screen controller:

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Teclast_P76TI_r1-3_4.0.3_GAPPS_r2.7z

The other is for tablets which have an F5TX touch screen controller (rev4, built after 15 dec 2011). Choose this if you have recently bought the tablet and you find that other teclast ICS firmwares do NOT work on your tablet (as they lack support for this touch screen driver):

http://android.sztupy.hu/dl/a10/Teclast_P76TI_r4_4.0.3_GAPPS_r2.7z

Main changes are:
    1. Only the base AOSP apps, the File Manager and Video Player is included
    2. But you have both Market and most Google Apps (Google Plus and Car Home is missing)
    3. Menu and Back top buttons are remapped to Volume Up/Volume Down
    4. It also works on newer Teclast tablets, with f5tx touchscreen controllers
    5. Added a simple app called AllwinnerMod, to easily change the build.prop on the fly

The AllwinnerMod app can be used to change the tablet's build.prop to "SGS2" for games that think your tablet is not compatible with them (and change back if you want to). You can also remap the physical buttons with it, so for example you can change how the back and home buttons work with it. You can also switch with it to "phone" mode, by changing the dpi settings if you don't like the tablet mode of ICS. All this on-the-fly without using adb.

Changelog:
    r1: initial build
    r2: fixed su and build.prop. Added AllwinnerMod application

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    this rom is great, however it doesn't seem to support usb host mode properly.

I am trying to use an xbox 360 controller with an app called usb/bt joystick center

after attempting to use this app the developer has helped me find the issue and has told me to ask the dev of this rom to please add

API support (UsbManager.getDeviceList())

Is this possible? this rom would be perfect if it could support that

thanks.

Yes, you simply need to create an /system/etc/permission/android.hardware.usb.host.xml file with the following as it's content:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!-- Copyright (C) 2011 The Android Open Source Project

Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
         you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
         You may obtain a copy of the License at

http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
         distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
         WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
         See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
         limitations under the License.
    -->

<!-- This is the standard feature indicating that the device can communicate
        with USB devices as the USB host. -->
    <permissions>
        <feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
    </permissions>

or link: http://code.google.com/p/ics-nexus-...ermissions/android.hardware.usb.host.xml?r=18

This file is usually missing from a lot of ICS FWs for Allwinner tablets btw.
    Hello Guys,

Sorry to post there an unrelated (or indirectly) post about a Teclast P85 tablet (seems I still don't have enought posts to create my own topic).

So I just received it yesterday:
    For the price, the hardware quality is unbeatable,very nice alu shell. but software is awfully buggy! (and the screen sharpness is so-so but for the price can't really expect better... ;) )
    This one came with Android GB 2.3.4, but when I tried to connect to my Wifi network, it killed definilitely the Wifi menu : it rebooted the tablet and the menu was no longer available. Useless. So, I downloaded from the Teclast website the last firmware in ICS 4.0.3: it works much better, except the recurrent message about "android.process.acore".
    I had hard time to download the ROM, (speed limit up to 4ko/s!) so I wanted to make this post to propose a faster link to download this ROM if some people are interested. I will also answer your questions about this device with pleasure =)

Android.process.acore can be corrected . As ics builds are already rooted , you just have to copy any ICS contacts.apk in the system/app folder and set the permissions like the other files in the folder and restart.

Sent from my A10t(5DM3)
    Revision 2:

1. Fixed su
    2. Fixed build.prop
    3. Added AllwinnerMod application
    I'm sorry but I have been trying to find this EVERYWHERE but I can't find out, how in the world do I go about flashing this ROM? I was able to find out how to install CWM so I have that, but what do I do to get this ROM going? I'd really like to try it out.

You flash all official A10 ROMs using LiveSuite. That program, and the drivers are included in almost all official A10 roms, be it Ainol, Teclast, Eken, or any other vendor. In fact afaik both of the downloads contain both LiveSuite and the 32/64 bit usb drivers for windows too.