[ROM] [TEST] Miui 10 for Oneplus 6t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.

This is a port of MIUI 10 for the op6/6t

Flash at your own risk and make sure to check what's working. Logcats would be appreciated! :)

Instructions:
1: Flash OxygenOS 9.0.7 twice, this is very important
2: Extract the download somewhere
3: Run the OnePlus 6t flasher (make sure phone is still in fastboot/bootloader)
4: Reboot to TWRP (fastboot boot it if it dissapeared, if you install TWRP you must install Magisk)
5: Flash or adb sideload NFC fix that is included in the download
6: Reboot and install V4A Magisk module and enable headset and speaker, this fixes audio
7: Enjoy!

Download (v3):
MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED

What works:
Everything except stuff in what doesn't work

What doesn't work:
NFC
Flashlight toggle (3rd party apps work)
MIUI camera (3rd party apps work)
Fingerprint (top priority - @nima0003 - me)

Audio fix #2:
Credits to @dougie313
Flash viper4android module
Grab root browser
Go to vendor\lib\soundfx folder and rename or delete all files in folder

Source code: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Credits: @nima0003 me @ProtoDeVNan0 for the current build
Dylan Neve
Omar

Last edited by a moderator:

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
Ah, so it doesn't use OxygenOS as a base?

I'm personally very interested in a MIUI ROM for the OP6T and seeing that someone is willing to work on it makes me pretty happy.

What about features like the mute switch and in-display fingerprint sensor?
It's uses AOSP as the base rom, I'm pretty sure alert slider doesn't work yet, hell I'm not sure it even boots yet. But if someone is able to test and it boots stable I'll get to work on those type of things.

Reactions: Jsilver73

dennisbednarz

Jun 18, 2013
unikue.solutions
It's uses AOSP as the base rom, I'm pretty sure alert slider doesn't work yet, hell I'm not sure it even boots yet. But if someone is able to test and it boots stable I'll get to work on those type of things.

My 6T is my daily driver. I may back everything up later and test it out.

Wouldn't it be easier to use OOS as the base for better performance, easier porting of features and so on? Would also make most kernels compatible.

Last edited:

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
Am I correct in assuming this supports treble? If so, I'm sure it'll make it easier to focus on 6/6t features being added rather than worrying about troubleshooting compatibility ??
Yes it is treble based, but I didn't even think of the basic bootable gsi. I'll look more into this, thanks for the idea. :)

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
Sure thing! We finally got treble support via lineage os for the Moto Z2 Force, which really helped keeping the device alive. Also makes flashing a TON easier, so maybe it's a good place to start
My dad traded his z2 force for a 6t. Rom support was good but everything was messed up, camera didn't focus, no safteynet...

champ784

May 31, 2013
Richmond
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 3a
My dad traded his z2 force for a 6t. Rom support was good but everything was messed up, camera didn't focus, no safteynet...
There are workarounds, but I think it being one of the earlier devices having A/B partitions and basically being abandoned by Moto made it a task. I still have mine, but I wonder if there's something wrong with my device because I can't really flash anything beside rooted stock Rom, which leads me to think it's just a tedious device and I'd rather focus on my new 6t which is FAR superior in every way!

nima0003

Mar 30, 2013
Aurora
There are workarounds, but I think it being one of the earlier devices having A/B partitions and basically being abandoned by Moto made it a task. I still have mine, but I wonder if there's something wrong with my device because I can't really flash anything beside rooted stock Rom, which leads me to think it's just a tedious device and I'd rather focus on my new 6t which is FAR superior in every way!
Yeah same thing happened to my Xperia xc, I could only flash stock rom, not even rooted.

Last edited:

duvee

Dec 2, 2009
Breda
You would be my hero :)

It is great to see other types of roms, instead of only los type roms. Great to switch between them over time.

dennisbednarz

Jun 18, 2013
unikue.solutions
Yes that's a great idea actually, I was just worried some framework stuff would get in the way but maybe not.

Hopefully not. Lot's of people prefer stock-based ROMs specifically for the reason that they're usually more stable, almost always better performant and always better for battery (with the exception of TouchWiz). And the whole feature thing is also useful.

Lot's of people base the ROMs of Lineage as it usually has hardware specific support, but as we don't have official lineage yet and it would still be a lesser experience than a stock ROM, I strongly advocate for the OOS base.

Wish I could help out but I'm not a developer. If you need something designed, contact someone at Xiaomi, OnePlus or Google, or if you need some piece of code some person is sitting on, let me know (on Twitter or Telegram @dennisbednarz as i don't use the forum DM system).

ibraheeemz

Sep 24, 2010
Riyadh
So basically you just ported the OS and want testers? As of now, OP6T is just 3 weeks old and hardly would anyone dare to try something that says 'I highly doubt it'll work' in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need stable relaseeee ??

The only way you'll get a stable release on your time is to code it yourself.

Here at XDA we do not ask for etas or stable releases. The developers put in their hard time, free of charge, to do this because they want to. So sit back, be patient, enjoy the ride, and don't ask again. A stable release will happen when the dev is ready.

Thank you and remember to tip your waitresses.
    OP can't even test his own builds of this lol. This thread really makes no sense, I'm sorry.
    My bad for barely even having the time to build this for you. How do you expect me to test it when I have school for 8 hours then work and then when I get home it's homework eat and sleep. I had to stay up till 4am just to build it so just appreciate it, if you don't like what you see then just move on. No need for ignorant comments clogging up threads.
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.

This is a port of MIUI 10 for the op6/6t

Flash at your own risk and make sure to check what's working. Logcats would be appreciated! :)

Instructions:
    1: Flash OxygenOS 9.0.7 twice, this is very important
    2: Extract the download somewhere
    3: Run the OnePlus 6t flasher (make sure phone is still in fastboot/bootloader)
    4: Reboot to TWRP (fastboot boot it if it dissapeared, if you install TWRP you must install Magisk)
    5: Flash or adb sideload NFC fix that is included in the download
    6: Reboot and install V4A Magisk module and enable headset and speaker, this fixes audio
    7: Enjoy!

Download (v3):
    MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED

What works:
    Everything except stuff in what doesn't work

What doesn't work:
    NFC
    Flashlight toggle (3rd party apps work)
    MIUI camera (3rd party apps work)
    Fingerprint (top priority - @nima0003 - me)

Audio fix #2:
    Credits to @dougie313
    Flash viper4android module
    Grab root browser
    Go to vendor\lib\soundfx folder and rename or delete all files in folder

Source code: https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sdm845

Credits: @nima0003 me @ProtoDeVNan0 for the current build
    Dylan Neve
    Omar
    Now. Who wants to try it on their OP6T? :D. It took me some time to figure out that annoying bug but finally. Today I managed to get it to boot. First I'll make it stable on OP6 and then I'll send a build to Nima so that he can test it on his 6T. So far. It looks like there are barely any bugs.
    What is this California? Come on people if you don't like it move on , if you are not willing to risk it move on , people like this make XDA toxic .

Close the thread because I'm offended /s.
    Completely agree, this guy is going out of his way to offer the community some work that he is doing during his free time at no cost to you, and all you want to do is point fingers saying he is wasting your time. Do us all "old school xda" members a favor and stay away