[ROM][testing][mustang] Lineage-16.0 [12 Mar 2021]

Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
@ggow , can we expect a similar ROM for the older FIRE devices, like Ford?

I think it's possible, been looking into it. However it may result in loss of cameras and other functionality at least in the short term.

I'm wanting to get all the amazon devices I work on onto lineage-16.0, easier to work on one rom for all.

Last edited:

Sooperphone

Jun 7, 2019
Got this working on my fire 7. Pretty amazing!
Having issues with YouTube playback with new pipe though. Setting default video format to WebM seems to fix it. Playback also doesn't work in Firefox.

ScanuRag

Dec 28, 2019
I'm having the same issue. I can't play YouTube in the app, on Firefox, or in NewPipe. I also can't play videos on cnn.com in Firefox. Setting the format to webp in NewPipe does fix it though.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Having issues with YouTube playback with new pipe though. Setting default video format to WebM seems to fix it. Playback also doesn't work in Firefox.

I'm having the same issue. I can't play YouTube in the app, on Firefox, or in NewPipe. I also can't play videos on cnn.com in Firefox. Setting the format to webp in NewPipe does fix it though.
Added video playback to the todo list

G01

Mar 28, 2011
Got this working on my fire 7. Mostly great so far.

A couple of things I noticed:
- after sign in it hangs checking for updates and fails. Hitting cancel works though.
- Tried to setup 2nd user account fort my daughter managed through Google Family Link and it failed (tried multiple things with no success).
- installed YouTube and YouTube kids, no video just audio.
- installed Chrome browser through Google Play. YouTube.com works there.

Love the Rom and the updates. Thank you.

klamation

Apr 28, 2011
Nokia Lumia 820
Nokia Lumia 920
I just wanted to add that I tested this on my Fire 7 (sage colour) as well. I got this device well over a year ago, around black friday in 2019, and I never connected it to wifi, so it was on whatever FireOS version it was on. Took me a while to remember how to install it, but with the XDA forum post (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/fire-7-2019-mustang-unbrick-downgrade-unlock-root.3944365/) I was successful.

I simply upgraded it the first try, which ended up consuming close to 8GB of space, so I went through TWRP and did a format on the storage and reinstalled, which put it down to about 6GB of used space. Not bad, got 10GB free.

Performance is really nice. I haven't fully tested everything yet, and I'm willing to go without a camera (they aren't great anyway), but I love what you did, ggow. Thanks for knowing more than I ever expect to!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required). This will be fixed in a later update.

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg where possible
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Downloads
    - Lineage-16.0 for Amazon Fire 7 (mustang)

Source Code

Thanks
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - LineageOS

Added video playback to the todo list
    ⏱ Change log / Release Notes

TBA

- [fixed] Cameras not working at all

12 March 2021
    - [fixed] Can't sign into google
    - [fixed] Built in browser does not work

15 February 2021
    - Initial Release
    🛠 Worklist / Tasks

- [fixed] Bluetooth works
    - [fixed] WiFi working
    - [fixed] Audio works
    - [done] Sensors working
    - [fixed] Touch sounds are working
    - [done] Test audio format playback - mp3 working
    - [done] Tested video playback with NewPipe which is working
    - [fixed] No adb during boot
    - [done] Wired headphones working
    - [fixed] Built in browser does not work
    - [fixed] Can't sign into google

- [todo] Magisk update by app
    - [todo] Support aptX-HD encoder for bluetooth

- [todo] Cameras not working at all
    - [todo] Youtube, NewPipe, video playback
    @ggow , can we expect a similar ROM for the older FIRE devices, like Ford?

I think it's possible, been looking into it. However it may result in loss of cameras and other functionality at least in the short term.

I'm wanting to get all the amazon devices I work on onto lineage-16.0, easier to work on one rom for all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone