[ROM][testing][suez] Lineage-16.0 [05 JULY 2022]

Search This thread

psi78

Feb 22, 2020
Strange. This morning even duckduckgo won't show up vids... Yesterday it did....
I think it may have to do with the sometimes happening cpu overload of SurfaceFlinger. I played around with Firefox and at one point i could play the videos fine with Firefox, but everything felt kinda sluggish and at other times the video was distorted like in the Screenshot i posted.

Klaus R

Aug 25, 2018
I think it may have to do with the sometimes happening cpu overload of SurfaceFlinger. I played around with Firefox and at one point i could play the videos fine with Firefox, but everything felt kinda sluggish and at other times the video was distorted like in the Screenshot i posted.
Hmm, ok. If I can distribute in any way to analyze or even solve that issue.... But i'm afraid my expierience is not wide enough 😉

psi78

Feb 22, 2020
Hmm, ok. If I can distribute in any way to analyze or even solve that issue.... But i'm afraid my expierience is not wide enough 😉
Did a clean reinstall oft current suez rom 20220506, no magisk, no gapps, activated power saving, installed Android system webview manually, also duckduckgo Browser, matlog and fennec. In fennec i set the prevent tracking mode to normal (not strict) and activated Storage access for Fennec manually in APP settings. I could play videos then. Interestingly Fennec also crashed and put a crash dump into logcat file, pointing to /system/vendor/lib64/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_ROGUE.so

@ggow when looking at this chart
possibly SurfaceFlinger itself is not the culprit but maybe SurfaceFlinger trying to access already deregistered Buffers, leading to high CPU usage because of compositing surfaces anew instead of utilizing the buffer. So possibly the gralloc, libegl, libgles, or liboverlay libraries have a malfunction.

Attachments

• logs-2022-05-26-15-43-50.zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: ggow

likwidchz

May 14, 2022
Did a clean reinstall oft current suez rom 20220506, no magisk, no gapps, activated power saving, installed Android system webview manually, also duckduckgo Browser, matlog and fennec. In fennec i set the prevent tracking mode to normal (not strict) and activated Storage access for Fennec manually in APP settings. I could play videos then. Interestingly Fennec also crashed and put a crash dump into logcat file, pointing to /system/vendor/lib64/egl/libGLESv2_POWERVR_ROGUE.so

possibly SurfaceFlinger itself is not the culprit but maybe SurfaceFlinger trying to access already deregistered Buffers, leading to high CPU usage because of compositing surfaces anew instead of utilizing the buffer. So possibly the gralloc, libegl, libgles, or liboverlay libraries have a malfunction.
Neat find, I'm a new person here. Been trying different versions of Lineage OS as the latest MAY release made my processing.org sketch slow slow.

lineage-16.0-20220301-UNOFFICIAL-suez.zip ~55 FPS
lineage-16.0-20220506-UNOFFICIAL-suez.zip ~22 FPS = Sad Panda.

I also found that the surface flinger app was using lots of CPU when I ran TOP. Hopefully you folks can get to the bottom of it!

**Edit, my processing.org app is drawing lots of shapes, animations on screen. lots of 2D items happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: psi78

psi78

Feb 22, 2020
@ggow Just noted when looking at the malfunctioning LiveDisplay Service
/system/etc/init/lineage-livedisplay.rc

that this service tries to make changes to
/sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0

whereas in the current state of the rom
/sys/devices/virtual/graphics
and fb0 as framebuffer device doesn't exist,

instead there is a
/sys/devices/virtual/pvr
directory though, but don't know where a frambuffer device like fb0 is there

mentions how to create a framebuffer on android but it uses the path
/dev/fb0

So for a virtual device - not sure what would be needed to enable that

Edit: this page mentions though that virtual framebuffer should be enabled only for testing purposes, wondering why LOS LiveDisplay Service needs it then 🤔
or how to check if kernel framebuffer works correctly: https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/FB_VIRTUAL.html

Edit: ok, virtual devices are for using android emulator apparently and /dev/graphics/fb0 is created during runtime while dev is tmpfs partition

Last edited:

Creeju

Jan 19, 2018
Just installed the latest 20220506-build on my tablet, using TWRP 3.6.1-9.2.

Some notes:
Magisk install via TWRP always resulted in a bootloop. The only way I got Magisk working, is patching boot.img. It will complain about the abundant su-library, but should work fine with LineageOS-su turned off in developer settings.
NanoDroid will not work without Magisk, due to the small system partition size (in standard config with all the apps).

Thank you so much for the work and the rom! Will start testing now. :)

Last edited:

psi78

Feb 22, 2020

I get repeated errors from IMGSRV and gralloc reporting a broken pipe. See Screenshot,
so maybe it would be helpful to trace I/O for gralloc, surfaceflinger. Don't know how to do that though other than potentially using Android SDK and the Rom in Android Emulator, enable a trace and analyze it🤔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-151041_MatLog_Libre.png
    Screenshot_20220529-151041_MatLog_Libre.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 45

likwidchz

May 14, 2022
I get repeated errors from IMGSRV and gralloc reporting a broken pipe. See Screenshot,
so maybe it would be helpful to trace I/O for gralloc, surfaceflinger. Don't know how to do that though other than potentially using Android SDK and the Rom in Android Emulator, enable a trace and analyze it🤔
Can you compare one release to another? Perhaps if you did that you could compare with what changed..

Not sure if thats how you would do it, or technically how much stuff changes between one version and another... but ideas.

psi78

Feb 22, 2020
Can you compare one release to another? Perhaps if you did that you could compare with what changed..

Not sure if thats how you would do it, or technically how much stuff changes between one version and another... but ideas.
Those gralloc errors occured also with 20220413
Back in the times when i used 20220301 worked kinda fine in some regards, though it had massive battery performance drain sometimes, don't know if those gralloc errors occured also there, but i guess it. Some other changes of the rom probably in the meantime (blob libraries i guess), of which only ggow probably knows.

Interesting thing is though that for ROM version 20220506 CPU2 and CPU3 (which have the high cpu usage malfunction errors) dmesg shows errors like this (which i didn't see in 20220413, but may depend on the boot state - 20220413 and i think also 20220301 had no problems after cold boot, but after reboot):
[ 2251.278622] -(2)[0:swapper/2]SANITY CHECK: Unexpected variation in id_mmfr0. Boot CPU: 0x00000010101105, CPU2: 0x00000010201105
[ 2251.280158] -(3)[0:swapper/3]SANITY CHECK: Unexpected variation in id_mmfr0. Boot CPU: 0x00000010101105, CPU3: 0x00000010201105

Apparently these errors are a sign for mismatching CPU features in version 20220506 of the ROM.
See also https://patchwork.kernel.org/[email protected]/

Edit:
I tested the ROM versions 20220301 / 20220316 / 20220406 / 20220413 / 20220506 with Passmark Performance Test app from Playstore, and Power Saving mode enabled:
2D score was 9089 / x / 15786 / 16712 / 17150 respectively. (x: Passmark 2D didn't work with 20220316)
CPU Score was 912 / x / 1390 / 1398 / 1482 respectively.

So latest version of the rom had the best performance overall (in that benchmark at least).
But not when CPU2 was hogged by SurfaceFlinger in idle mode with 20220301 or 20220506 version of the rom (mostly occuring with Power Saving off in idle mode), the Passmark CPU score was like 900-1000, so worse then.
The interesting thing is (tested with current ROM 20220506):
After running the "Unreal System Benchmark" from Playstore, exiting that app, then restarting "Passmark Performance Test" the 2D score of passmark goes down to like ~6000 (!) compared to ~17000 before, and CPU2 and CPU3 are at full throttle in idle mode then, and Passmark CPU score goes down to like 600 compared to 1400 before. This didn't happen everytime though and i had the impression with Power Saving on the risk was less.

Your best bet at the current state of the rom is:
Enable Power Saving mode to minimize the risk of the CPUs getting hogged by SurfaceFlinger (for whatever reason).
And before you continue doing anything after startup, check with a program like CPU info if the CPU cores 2 and 3 are powering down normally.

Edit: Also tested 20220301 and 20220316 (see above)

Last edited:
Reactions: targa

likwidchz

May 14, 2022
Those gralloc errors occured also with 20220413
Back in the times when i used 20220301 worked kinda fine in some regards, though it had massive battery performance drain sometimes, don't know if those gralloc errors occured also there, but i guess it. Some other changes of the rom probably in the meantime (blob libraries i guess), of which only ggow probably knows.

Interesting thing is though that for ROM version 20220506 CPU2 and CPU3 (which have the high cpu usage malfunction errors) dmesg shows errors like this (which i didn't see in 20220413, but may depend on the boot state - 20220413 and i think also 20220301 had no problems after cold boot, but after reboot):
[ 2251.278622] -(2)[0:swapper/2]SANITY CHECK: Unexpected variation in id_mmfr0. Boot CPU: 0x00000010101105, CPU2: 0x00000010201105
[ 2251.280158] -(3)[0:swapper/3]SANITY CHECK: Unexpected variation in id_mmfr0. Boot CPU: 0x00000010101105, CPU3: 0x00000010201105

Apparently these errors are a sign for mismatching CPU features in version 20220506 of the ROM.
See also https://patchwork.kernel.org/[email protected]/

Edit:
I tested the ROM versions 20220301 / 20220316 / 20220406 / 20220413 / 20220506 with Passmark Performance Test app from Playstore, and Power Saving mode enabled:
2D score was 9089 / x / 15786 / 16712 / 17150 respectively. (x: Passmark 2D didn't work with 20220316)
CPU Score was 912 / x / 1390 / 1398 / 1482 respectively.

So latest version of the rom had the best performance overall (in that benchmark at least).
But not when CPU2 was hogged by SurfaceFlinger in idle mode with 20220301 or 20220506 version of the rom (mostly occuring with Power Saving off in idle mode), the Passmark CPU score was like 900-1000, so worse then.
The interesting thing is (tested with current ROM 20220506):
After running the "Unreal System Benchmark" from Playstore, exiting that app, then restarting "Passmark Performance Test" the 2D score of passmark goes down to like ~6000 (!) compared to ~17000 before, and CPU2 and CPU3 are at full throttle in idle mode then, and Passmark CPU score goes down to like 600 compared to 1400 before. This didn't happen everytime though and i had the impression with Power Saving on the risk was less.

Your best bet at the current state of the rom is:
Enable Power Saving mode to minimize the risk of the CPUs getting hogged by SurfaceFlinger (for whatever reason).
And before you continue doing anything after startup, check with a program like CPU info if the CPU cores 2 and 3 are powering down normally.

Edit: Also tested 20220301 and 20220316 (see above)
You are over my head man :) Just getting into this and understanding things. I just hope someone figures it out, which I'm sure they will at some point.

Take care,

likwidchz

May 14, 2022
Hi

Is there any update planned for this rom?

my tablet work fine except for the youtube video zoom and the random netflix crack .

thanks in advance
Have you tried older roms?

**Not my link.

I have some lineage 14 and 12 roms also, currently trying the 12 rom out now.
Lineage-12.1-20200505-UNOFFICIAL-suez.zip

As old as it is, it seems to work, but I'm only using it for one thing and that's a custom processing.org sketch. All other versions of lineage seem to run really mixed framerates due to that surface flinger process gobbling up a bunch of CPU.

One of the older posts mentioned that one of the cores just keep using high cpu.

I'm wondering if it can be fixed with an adb command at boot or something.

Last edited:

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
thanks for the update!
heads up: the file size is about 10MB larger than before, hence even with pico gapps there is not enough space in the system partition. i removed the stock email and calendar to make some room.
thanks
Which would mean that any update with GApps should fail?!

Top Liked Posts

If you haven't done already wipe all partitions besides micro sd card in TWRP and format data partition.
    Then reboot to TWRP/recovery and install the ROM.
    Should startup then, first startup takes a long time though, something like 1-2 mins where you only see the boot animation (during which apps are optimized)
    Already solved that Problem by repairing the Data Partition via twrp. I formatted it to ext4. Before this it wasn't mountable.
    Hi,
    I am using the older LineageOS 12.1-20200505-UNOFFICIAL-suez on my FIre 10 with some older TWRP version.
    What is the easiest way to upgrade it to LineageOS 16, without bricking this tablet?

1. Flash new TWRP image using ADB or directly from old TWRP?
    2. Wipe Data, Cache, System partitions in TWRP and install new ROM?
    3. Does the latest Magisk works with this ROM?
    4. What GApps version I can use? (probably the system partition is very small).

Thanks!

1. I think both ways work,
    2. but for a clean install i've made the best experiences with wiping all partitions (besides micro sd card) and formatting data partition from TWRP first.
    If you wanna be extra sure the install works fine, also use the repair partition function in TWRP for every partition possible.
    From ADB the risk of accidentially erasing a partition or getting mount problems during the installation is a bit higher in my experience, when you clean up partitions (unless you know exactly what you're doing).
    If you wanna use an encrypted data partition, i think updating TWRP first is the way.

To 3.: Up to TWRP version 3.6.1-9.0 Magisk should work fine. If you install Magisk with TWRP 3.6.1-9.2, it leads to a bootloop. It's possible to make it work, but more complicated. AFAIK TWRP 3.6.1-9.2 supports usb-otg and MTP, so if you don't need that and are installing the ROM just from an external sd card, you could stay on TWRP 3.6.1-9.0.
    If you only need root access and no magisk modules (or wanna post logcats which ggow accepts ;-) ), alternatively you could use the ROM's built in su (i think it's the LineageOS su addon).

4. opengapps 9 arm64 pico is fail safest.
    Just Netflix and Disney+ installation is a bit more complicated then (either magisk safetynet mod and using props way or direct download from apkmirror.com)
    If you need more space on system partition you could use my script to delete system apps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-0-05-july-2022.4232785/page-34#post-87282103
    I also tried bitgapps and bitgapps microg before, which also work if you do a clean install of the ROM each time. But in case you wanna do dirty ROM updates later, other guys here have reported problems with bitgapps after doing a dirty flash of a new ROM version, which seem to have to do with some runtime scripts of bitgapps.
    Aurora store and pure microg setup also kind of works as a basic setup for using apps from playstore (this rom has the possibility of enabling signature spoofing which you need for microg to work properly).
    I am unable to install LOS 16 though, due to the system partition sizing, and don't really have any experience with using Parted or any other command line partition methods. Would you please share even just a brief step series on how you were able to resize the system partition so that it would allow you to flash LOS 16, then use the "TWRP resize" option to make the necessary room to go back and flash GApps and Magisk?

I don't know that I'd recommend monkeying with the partitions if aren't reasonably comfortable with command line tools in general... And just to say again - I'm not actually running Lineage 16. WiFi was entirely too unstable for me with the July 5th Lineage 16 ROM... So I'm actually running Lineage 14 on mine for now.

But basically, what I did was -
    1. Grabbed the parted binary from https://github.com/edk2-porting/parted-android
    2. Booted into twrp, adb pushed the parted binary to /tmp, chmod a+x'ed it
    3. "unit b" tells parted to display partition start/end/size down to the byte
    4. remove the system, cache and data partitions... I wanna say they were partitions 12, 13 and 14? Something like that. Been a week or so since I did it. (Looks like it's actually 13, 14 and 15 now that I grabbed the actual tablet to make the screenshot I attached below...)
    5. Recreate system, cache and data so that they have the same partition numbers they did previously but with their sizes adjusted... Basically this means figure out how much you wanna increase the size of "system" by and then add that same number to the end sector of system, to both the start and end sectors of the new cache and to the start sector of the new data partition... Keeping the start sector of system and the end sector of data the same as they were before the modification.
    6. Make sure you rename your newly created partitions to system, cache and userdata to match their original names...
    7. Basically, when you're done, you want the output of parted's "print" command to look exactly the same as at the start except for the "end" number of system, the "start" and "end" numbers of cache and the "start" number of data.
    8. After that you need to get the kernel to register the new partition table... The simplest way to do that is probably just to reboot the recovery.
    Now the system partition image that comes with the ROM is an image for a system partition of the original size... After flashing the image you want to use this to adjust the flashed filesystem to take up the full size of the partition. The Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> (select System) Repair or Change Filesystem -> Resize File System option in the twrp UI appears to run resize2fs for you, if you'd prefer not to do it yourself from the adb shell.

Here's a screenshot showing the "end result"... This is what my suez' partition table currently looks like. Notice the size of my system partition is 3093299200... The original size of system was 1692925952.

suez.jpg
    Just picked up one of these devices through a deal at woot... Some notes:

(1) I had to open it up and do the "short CLK to ground" thing to get twrp and the tweaked bootloader on there. As far as I can tell none of the software-only root methods work with the latest stock firmware.

(2) After getting twrp on there, the system partition was too small to fit either this lineage16 ROM or the older lineage14 ROM with their accompanying pico opengapps package. I ended up sideloading a parted binary and editing the partition table by hand to get a larger system partition.

(3) If you manually enlarge your system partition like that, after you flash the ROM you need to use the Resize function (under Wipe/Repair) to resize the newly flashed system partition so it takes up the full size of your larger system partition, rather than the smaller size in the image. After the resize you need to either reboot or go in the Mount tab and mount and unmount the newly resized system partition so the recovery recognizes it's been resized properly.

(4) Once all this is done...

(a) I had a *lot* of wifi connectivity problems with the lineage16 ROM. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could try tweaking, either tablet side or router side? I actually tried cloning the lineage16 source code to mess around with but some of the externals in it seem to be broken at the moment...

(b) With the lineage14 ROM wifi is 100% solid but the Gmail app can't see Gmail accounts I have configured into the system... Even though they're actually being synced and I'm getting notifications when there's new Email in them... I can't actually VIEW those Emails...
    Respect @Kate6 that you did that system partition resizing endeavour👍🏻

For anyone having problems with installing gapps because of too small system partition and wants to debloat LineageOS and free up space on system partition:

I wrote a small shell script, which deletes lots of system apps (which most of us probably don't need).

See attached file and screenshots for cleaned up app directory and background apps.
    It's just kinda quick and dirty. If you wanna keep some apps you may change the script with a text editor (nano in twrp for example) and comment the corresponding lines out with #

It requires a root shell and system partition mounted as writable.
    An easy way to do both of that is from TWRP (mount the System partition, then use the built in terminal app in TWRP Advanced menu).

A clean install of the ROM and using the script from an external sd card would be like this:

1. Wipe all partitions besides Micro SD Card from TWRP, also format data partition even. Reboot into recovery/TWRP then to avoid mount problems.

2. Install the latest version of the ROM from TWRP. Don't start LineageOS yet.

3. Mount the system partition in the "Mount" section of TWRP again

4. Start Terminal from TWRP ("Advanced" section in TWRP menu) and execute the following commands:
    cd /external_sd
    chmod +x suezcleanapp2.sh
    ./suezcleanapp2.sh
    The script should run without errors (if there's an error "file not found" or the like, you probably haven't mounted system partition properly)

5. Install opengapps 9 arm64 pico.

Optionally also remove Google Contacts and Calendar Sync Adapters then to keep Google from syncing your personal data to the tablet.
    To do that mount System partition again (the opengapps installer script unmounts it after completion).
    Then use the following shell command in TWRP Terminal:
    rm -r /system/app/GoogleC*

Optionally also remove
    /system/app/GoogleTTS (used for voice search in Playstore/other Google apps like Google Maps)
    /system/priv-app/GoogleBackupTransport (backups your settings and data to Google servers, may cause unwanted background activity, i.e. if you don't want to backup these with a media tablet usage style)

Boot into LineagesOS then for the first time.

6. When the setup wizard asks for wlan connection: i'd skip this step, complete the setup wizard without internet connection. Then after the setup wizard, enable Power Saving mode, establish Wlan connection and enter your credentials in Playstore, let it do all updates (you can also manually update Playstore app itself when using Playstore Settings/About/Playstore Version). Then finalize the setup wizard installation process of LOS.

This worked for me with current version of the ROM and opengapps 9 arm64 pico.

And as already said before, in the current state of the ROM i'd advise to enable Power Saving in Quick settings and use an app like "CPU Info" (after startup) to check if CPU cores 2 and 3 are powering down normally in idle mode (at least like after 20-30 secs after booting if no more updates are due).
    If they don't power down, do a cold boot (power off/ power on) or try reboot. Then if you have the tablet in a good state, try to avoid rebooting, just put it into flight mode over night or the like.

If you have any comments/additions let me know.

Edit: Built a slightly more sophisticated version 2 ("suezcleanapp2.sh") which backups all removed system apps to /sdcard/suezbackup/ and correspondig subdirectories. Tested it with TWRP Terminal. Not sure if this works with ADB.
    Also preserved the LineageOS Dark and Black Theme to enable correct functioning of Dark mode.
    Edit: Also added comments explaining the apps in version 2 of the script
    Mm alright. So it isn't the cpu thing.

Are you using 2.4 or 5 GHz Wlan?

Tried with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. And tried both on two separate routers... A Netgear R7000 and a Linksys WRT1200AC. Both running the August 03 2022 build of DDWRT. Similar instability problems with all combos.

Or send a logcat/dmesg to ggow also.

I'm probably going to do that, but I'm thinking I want to set it up so it's just the ROM with no apps whatsoever (including no gapps) installed so the logcat will be as clean as possible. Should be able to get that done in the next few days.

... Or really, ggow's signature clearly says he won't answer questions over PM, so my plan was to post a logcat to this thread.
    If you haven't done already wipe all partitions besides micro sd card in TWRP and format data partition.
    Then reboot to TWRP/recovery and install the ROM.
    Should startup then, first startup takes a long time though, something like 1-2 mins where you only see the boot animation (during which apps are optimized)
    Already solved that Problem by repairing the Data Partition via twrp. I formatted it to ext4. Before this it wasn't mountable.
    Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required). This will be fixed in a later update.

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg where possible

Lastest TWRP version
    - 3.6.1-9.2

Downloads

- Google Drive

Source Code

Thanks
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - @k4y0z for the initial kernel
    - LineageOS
    🛠 Worklist / Tasks

- [fixed] Bluetooth works
    - [fixed] Audio works
    - [fixed] Internal storage isn't accessible from any app
    - [done] Sensors working
    - [fixed] Touch sounds are working
    - [done] Test audio format playback - mp3 working
    - [done] Tested video playback with NewPipe which is working
    - [fixed] WiFi signal strength not working
    - [done] Support aptX-HD encoder for bluetooth
    - [fixed] No adb during boot
    - [fixed] WiFi working
    - [fixed] Navbar icon corruption
    - [fixed] Wallpaper corruption
    - [fixed] Laggy graphics
    - [fixed] High cpu usage
    - [fixed] DRM not working
    - [fixed] Hardware OMX (for the most part)
    - [fixed] Wired headphones not working
    - [done] Enable OTG USB for ethernet
    - [fixed] Youtube black screen with audio
    - [fixed] MtkOmxCore crash
    - [fixed] Battery showing wrong capacity - reported here
    - [fixed] "There's an internal problem with your device." dialog
    - [fixed] SIM card prompt
    - [fixed] Chrome cannot access internal storage
    - [fixed] Poor WiFi throughput (potential cause of choppy video playback)
    - [fixed] Disney app crashing (more info here)
    - [fixed] Speakers continuing to play while headphones are plugged in
    - [fixed] Cannot switch wifi on after storage encryption enabled
    - [hold] Bluetooth not working properly - can't see issue here
    - [fixed] Magisk update by app
    - [fixed] Storage permission issues (cause of some apps crashing)
    - [done] Upstreamed kernel
    - [todo] TWRP: USB-OTG not working
    - [fixed] USB-OTG Ethernet
    - [fixed] TWRP: MTP access
    - [todo] Voice assist MIC not working
    - [done] Added android.hardware.opengles.aep.xml permissions
    - [fixed] LiveDisplay not working
    - [fixed] Backlight HAL Errors

- [todo] Shutdown after entering sleep mode (suspect cpu/gpu coming up in the wrong state -> overheating)
    - [todo] Gapps > pico causing not enough space error
    - [todo] Youtube black screen with audio
    - [todo] Mirrorcast not working
    - [todo] Multi-user not working
    - [todo] Navbar problem when keyboard is in horizontal mode
    - [todo] Playing videos over SMB failure after 30 min (more info here)
    - [todo] Can't connect to hidden WiFi networks
    - [todo] Lego app not working (more info here)
    - [todo] Cameras not working (more info here)
    - [todo] SELinux
    - [todo] Intermittent high idle cpu usage
    - [todo] Investigate L1 widevine support (L3 currently)
    - [todo] Pass safetynet
    - [todo] Device build fingerprinting
    - [todo] Enable zram?
    - [todo] Device encryption (TWRP)
    - [todo] Battery idle mode
    - [todo] Offline charging mode
    - [todo] Low speaker volume
    - [todo] Thermal Shutoff, overheating
    - [todo] System partition needs to be increased in size to accomodate gapps
    But why OP decided to go back to 14.1?

Never said for suez I was going back to 14.1.
    I will be continuing with lineage-16.0 for suez.
    ℹ️ New Build is Up

Dated: 16 March 2022

- [fixed] Better auto adjust on backlight
    - [fixed] Changed battery capacity to 6300mAh
    - [fixed] sdcard access for chrome and other apps
    - [info] Explicitly enable sdcardfs
    - [info] Refactor root init scripts
    - [info] Remove deprecated storage_list.xml
    - [info] Clean-up build.prop

Download from Google Drive link on OP.
    ⏱ Change log / Release Notes

05 July 2022

- [fixed] Backlight HAL Errors
    - [fixed] LiveDisplay not working

06 May 2022
    - [fixed] Voice assist MIC not working
    - [fixed] USB-OTG Ethernet
    - [fixed] TWRP: MTP access
    - [fixed] TWRP: Fixed USB-OTG
    - [info] Added android.hardware.opengles.aep.xml permissions

13 April 2022
    - [fixed] Terminal input via apps and adb shell

12 April 2022
    - [kernel] Up-streamed to 3.18.140
    - [kernel] Enable per user storage quota
    - [kernel] Optimized build flags for Cortex-a53
    - [kernel] Boeffla Wakelock Blocker Driver v1.1.0
    - [kernel] Enable some TCP congestion algorithms
    - [kernel] Westwood Default TCP congestion algorithm
    - [kernel] Sdcardfs v2.0
    - [info] Remove aptX bluetooth libraries for now
    - [info] Mount /system partition early-mount style
    - [info] Add vendor security patch

06 April 2022
    - [fixed] Fix KernelUidCpuTimeReader errors
    - [info] Revert audio HIDL from 2.0 to 4.0 back to 2.0 - our drivers aren't ready for this
    - [info] Put storage permissions force close on the todo list
    - [info] Chrome browser works
    - [info] Jelly browser works
    - [info] WeDo lego app works

Show Further History

03 April 2022
    - [fixed] Magisk update by app
    - [fixed] Storage permission issues (cause of some apps crashing)
    - [fixed] Lego app not working (more info here)
    - [fixed] Cannot switch wifi on after storage encryption enabled
    - [info] Update suez defconfig in kernel to be more inline with aosp
    - [info] TWRP 3.6.1-9.0 available from Google Drive (no encryption support)
    - [info] Up-rev audio HIDL from 2.0 to 4.0
    - [info] Disabled amazon logging functions in kernel
    - [info] Disabled unused squashfs in kernel
    - [info] Conditionally compile MTK_M4U in the ion kernel driver as our device doesn't use it

27 March 2022
    - [reverted] WiFi changes from previous build
    - [removed] 26 March Build

26 March 2022
    - [fixed] Speakers continuing to play while headphones are plugged in
    - [fixed] Disney+ crashing
    - [didn't work for everyone] Slow WiFi throughtput
    - [didn't work for everyone] 5GHz connectivity to AX-88U router and in general
    - [didn't work for everyone] 5GHz connectivity to across all channels
    - [info] Include Bromite Webview
    - [request] WiFi: Can someone test connecting to hidden SSID's and report back?
    - [request] Magisk: Can someone test whether updating through the application works and report back?

16 March 2022
    - [fixed] Better auto adjust on backlight
    - [fixed] Changed battery capacity to 6300mAh
    - [fixed] sdcard access for chrome and other apps
    - [info] Explicitly enable sdcardfs
    - [info] Refactor root init scripts
    - [info] Remove deprecated storage_list.xml
    - [info] Clean-up build.prop

01 March 2022
    - [info] Re-build of 28 February version

28 February 2022
    - [fixed] DRM Widevine L3 support
    - [new] Signature spoofing (enable and disable via developer options)
    - [fixed] Wired headphones not working
    - [fixed] Backlight HAL crashing
    - [fixed] Hardware OMX (MTK codecs now been used)
    - [info] Disable camera completely until fully investigated to stop logcat spam
    - [info] Enable OTG for ethernet in kernel

07 February 2022
    - [fixed] OMX regression was breaking NewPipe and local video file playback
    - [info] Clean-up amazon binaries - media playback should be better - config file mess

05 February 2022
    - [fixed] Navbar icon corruption
    - [fixed] Wallpaper corruption
    - [fixed] Laggy graphics
    - [fixed] High idle cpu usage
    - [info] Updated amazon binaries to fireos 5.6.9.0

12 February 2021
    - Initial Release