Thank you it works.1. I think both ways work,
2. but for a clean install i've made the best experiences with wiping all partitions (besides micro sd card) and formatting data partition from TWRP first.
If you wanna be extra sure the install works fine, also use the repair partition function in TWRP for every partition possible.
From ADB the risk of accidentially erasing a partition or getting mount problems during the installation is a bit higher in my experience, when you clean up partitions (unless you know exactly what you're doing).
If you wanna use an encrypted data partition, i think updating TWRP first is the way.
To 3.: Up to TWRP version 3.6.1-9.0 Magisk should work fine. If you install Magisk with TWRP 3.6.1-9.2, it leads to a bootloop. It's possible to make it work, but more complicated. AFAIK TWRP 3.6.1-9.2 supports usb-otg and MTP, so if you don't need that and are installing the ROM just from an external sd card, you could stay on TWRP 3.6.1-9.0.
If you only need root access and no magisk modules (or wanna post logcats which ggow accepts ;-) ), alternatively you could use the ROM's built in su (i think it's the LineageOS su addon).
4. opengapps 9 arm64 pico is fail safest.
Just Netflix and Disney+ installation is a bit more complicated then (either magisk safetynet mod and using props way or direct download from apkmirror.com)
If you need more space on system partition you could use my script to delete system apps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-0-05-july-2022.4232785/page-34#post-87282103
I also tried bitgapps and bitgapps microg before, which also work if you do a clean install of the ROM each time. But in case you wanna do dirty ROM updates later, other guys here have reported problems with bitgapps after doing a dirty flash of a new ROM version, which seem to have to do with some boot scripts of bitgapps.
Aurora store and pure microg setup also kind of works as a basic setup for using apps from playstore (this rom has the possibility of enabling signature spoofing which you need for microg to work properly).
Can you do a script to extend system partition in TWRP? I used something similar for my Nexus 5, but that probably required a modified TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...rtition-hammerhead-16gb-32gb-ua-twrp.3844395/
After using your cleaning script then installing GApps Pico, then installing other missing Google apps like Pixel Launcher (only 5MB), Gboard, Clock etc and moving them to System partition (still 100MB free space) - I loaded it with tons of educational games for my 3 years old child - here's a summary:
- Google Family Link - works well with more options available than on Android 5.1 [GOOD]
- Disney Colouring World - works well [GOOD]
- LEGO DUPLO WORLD - works well [GOOD]
- LEGO SUPER MARIO - 3D works well but video playback is choppy/buggy [NEED A SMALL FIX]
- Khan Academy Kids - works well [GOOD]
- Colouring book: games for kids - some glitches when the screen wakes up [NEED A SMALL FIX]
- PAW Patrol Rescue World - lower FPS than on previous ROM, occasional small glitches and crashes [NEED A FIX]
- Endless Alphabet/Numbers/Reader/Spanish/Wordplay- all works well [GOOD]
- YT Kids - works well [GOOD]