[ROM][testing][suez] Lineage-16.0 [06 MAY 2022]

Search This thread

cwesterfield

Jul 16, 2010
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm learning about this as I go. I'm trying to use my rooted Fire tablet as a smart home screen and fully kiosk browser doesn't like the fire os and the webview version.

Would lineage update the webview version?

io2345

Sep 10, 2014
LOS 12.1 is Androidversion 5.1.
Where is the progress compared to the original FireOS? Isn't that based on Android 5 as well?

TonytheEE

Aug 16, 2010
LOS 12.1 is Androidversion 5.1.
Where is the progress compared to the original FireOS? Isn't that based on Android 5 as well?
12.1 is based on 5.1, but I think the OG FireOS on these tablets is based on 6, I think. so It might be a downgrade?
But the main benefit is no amazon ecosystem restrictions. It's Basic Android that you can do anything with, assuming the hardware's up to snuff.

Klenz39

Sep 25, 2020
My only hope is the current project did not end up like lineage 14.1. Never received anymore update after the initial release. I remembered this project was running at the same time as douglas and giza. Most of the problem seem to be fixed there. Hope this project will received necessary update before it is discontinued.

MarvinMod

May 20, 2015
Samsung Galaxy A70
My only hope is the current project did not end up like lineage 14.1. Never received anymore update after the initial release. I remembered this project was running at the same time as douglas and giza. Most of the problem seem to be fixed there. Hope this project will received necessary update before it is discontinued.
if you haven't noticed, all custom roms go unfinished or is abandon. After as much time has past with no response from the devs, id say EOL for this device.

dasbooter

Jun 22, 2010
I

Im Running 12.1 LOS without any issues what so ever, fyi.
Ya unfortunately some apps Wont run on older version of android. I'm looking at you Sonos app. I'm sad this ROM didn't go any farther but happy that someone made the effort... I come back here whenever 12 slows down and I have to reboot or I have to go searching for my lost phone to change the volume in sonos lol

Shack70

Jan 20, 2014
York
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
12.1 is based on 5.1, but I think the OG FireOS on these tablets is based on 6, I think. so It might be a downgrade?
But the main benefit is no amazon ecosystem restrictions. It's Basic Android that you can do anything with, assuming the hardware's up to snuff.
So I've tried this ROM and its good but has too many bugs for me to use as a daily driver. I tried LOS 14 and really liked it but had issues with the SD card and Netflix and am now back in LOS 12. I can't use several apps because its Android 5.1 and it shows as uncertified in the play store. Many apps won't work on LOS because of the certification.

Some of the problems people are having are not because of bugs, its just because its a custom ROM and nothing the devs can't do about it.

I'm looking forward to this ROM getting better and more stable. Thank you to everyone contributing.

Shack70

Jan 20, 2014
York
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Th O.P. had a house flood but will be back and is dropping support for 16 but will continue 14 when hes got things up and running again. To pass safety net, youll have to install riru, magisk hide props and universal safetynet fix 2.1
Once installed open settings in magisk and make sure magisk hide is enabled. 🖖
Im on 12.1 with no issues. Good luck.
What version oh Magisk are you running? Im having trouble getting Riru to install on newest Magisk.

Never mind, I upgraded to 14.1 and have the safety check working.

Last edited:

Nosepull

Jan 9, 2015
Th O.P. had a house flood but will be back and is dropping support for 16 but will continue 14 when hes got things up and running again. To pass safety net, youll have to install riru, magisk hide props and universal safetynet fix 2.1
Once installed open settings in magisk and make sure magisk hide is enabled. 🖖
Im on 12.1 with no issues. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. As you seem to have insider information, any ETAs? I also use 12.1, but more and more apps fail because this Android version is to old.

Wannabdroid

Mar 24, 2012
The SELinux is disabled. I get a freezing behavior when I give a "setenforce 1" command. Is that a common issue right now?

Rortiz2

Mar 1, 2018
Barcelona
Yes, this is normal for now. Looking primarily to understand why there is graphical corruption. Selinux will have to take a back seat for now.
Just as a fyi, to fix DRM try to kang libwvdrmengine.so from a device which has Android Oreo (or newer) as stock ROM (for instance, I used libwvdrmengine.so from the Cube U1005). If you're facing drmserver crashes (because of playready), you might have to kang DRM libraries from karnak as I did.

I also managed to fix the camera in douglas (I was facing the same crash as you) by updating the (MTK) camera stack to Android 6.0.1.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ℹ️ New Build is Up
    06 May 2022

- [fixed] Voice assist MIC not working
    - [fixed] USB-OTG Ethernet
    - [fixed] TWRP: MTP access
    - [fixed] TWRP: Fixed USB-OTG
    - [info] Added android.hardware.opengles.aep.xml permissions

I am looking into the high burn on the surfaceflinger process and thermal stuff in general.
    Unfortunately, this issue has been present since day one of this rom.
    There was an issue similar with the s5 a few years ago. The fix was to disable all but 1 core during boot then all cores brought online once fully booted. This was set by the developer for Los s5 at the time.
    @MarvinMod Because my tablet had the latest FireOS version for my tablet, 5.7.00 and according to the thread the root method doesn't work with this version.

I installed the previous LOS version and now it works.
    Hey, as long as its working, but, the instructions say if your on the latest fire os to downgrade then proceed.
    You may however want to run a virus and malware scan on that tablet and on pc or wherever you used kingo.

I finally managed to figure out the problem. It seem that if the device is really hot, it will overheat when it entering sleep mode and shutdown the device. I regularly used the device as 2nd screen to my computer and was installing ubuntu for testing. Maybe has some relation with this one.

Another thing, I notice an app that slower and lagging when i used linage 16.0 compare to lineage 14.1. How could I record the problem and help you solve it? It is significantly slower but I dunno why.

This could be related then to the CPU/GPU cores not coming up in the correct state. I used passmark to determine this. See here:

Disclaimer
    Code:
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
    * in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required). This will be fixed in a later update.

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg where possible

Lastest TWRP version
    - 3.6.1-9.2

Downloads

- Google Drive

Source Code

Thanks
    - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
    - @k4y0z for the initial kernel
    - LineageOS
    🛠 Worklist / Tasks

- [fixed] Bluetooth works
    - [fixed] Audio works
    - [fixed] Internal storage isn't accessible from any app
    - [done] Sensors working
    - [fixed] Touch sounds are working
    - [done] Test audio format playback - mp3 working
    - [done] Tested video playback with NewPipe which is working
    - [fixed] WiFi signal strength not working
    - [done] Support aptX-HD encoder for bluetooth
    - [fixed] No adb during boot
    - [fixed] WiFi working
    - [fixed] Navbar icon corruption
    - [fixed] Wallpaper corruption
    - [fixed] Laggy graphics
    - [fixed] High cpu usage
    - [fixed] DRM not working
    - [fixed] Hardware OMX (for the most part)
    - [fixed] Wired headphones not working
    - [done] Enable OTG USB for ethernet
    - [fixed] Youtube black screen with audio
    - [fixed] MtkOmxCore crash
    - [fixed] Battery showing wrong capacity - reported here
    - [fixed] "There's an internal problem with your device." dialog
    - [fixed] SIM card prompt
    - [fixed] Chrome cannot access internal storage
    - [fixed] Poor WiFi throughput (potential cause of choppy video playback)
    - [fixed] Disney app crashing (more info here)
    - [fixed] Speakers continuing to play while headphones are plugged in
    - [fixed] Cannot switch wifi on after storage encryption enabled
    - [hold] Bluetooth not working properly - can't see issue here
    - [fixed] Magisk update by app
    - [fixed] Storage permission issues (cause of some apps crashing)
    - [done] Upstreamed kernel
    - [todo] TWRP: USB-OTG not working
    - [fixed] USB-OTG Ethernet
    - [fixed] TWRP: MTP access
    - [todo] Voice assist MIC not working
    - [done] Added android.hardware.opengles.aep.xml permissions

- [todo] Shutdown after entering sleep mode (suspect cpu/gpu coming up in the wrong state -> overheating)
    - [todo] Gapps > pico causing not enough space error
    - [todo] Youtube black screen with audio
    - [todo] LiveDisplay not working
    - [todo] Mirrorcast not working
    - [todo] Multi-user not working
    - [todo] Navbar problem when keyboard is in horizontal mode
    - [todo] Playing videos over SMB failure after 30 min (more info here)
    - [todo] Can't connect to hidden WiFi networks
    - [todo] Lego app not working (more info here)
    - [todo] Cameras not working (more info here)
    - [todo] SELinux
    - [todo] Intermittent high idle cpu usage
    - [todo] Investigate L1 widevine support (L3 currently)
    - [todo] Pass safetynet
    - [todo] Device build fingerprinting
    - [todo] Enable zram?
    - [todo] Device encryption (TWRP)
    - [todo] Battery idle mode
    - [todo] Offline charging mode
    - [todo] Low speaker volume
    - [todo] Thermal Shutoff, overheating
    ℹ️ New Build is Up

Dated: 16 March 2022

- [fixed] MtkOmxCore crash
    - [fixed] Better auto adjust on backlight
    - [fixed] SIM card prompt
    - [fixed] Changed battery capacity to 6300mAh
    - [fixed] sdcard access for chrome and other apps
    - [fixed] "There's an internal problem with your device." dialog
    - [info] Explicitly enable sdcardfs
    - [info] Refactor root init scripts
    - [info] Remove deprecated storage_list.xml
    - [info] Clean-up build.prop

Download from Google Drive link on OP.
    But why OP decided to go back to 14.1?

Never said for suez I was going back to 14.1.
    I will be continuing with lineage-16.0 for suez.
    ℹ️ New Build is Up
    Dated: 06 April 2022

- [fixed] Fix KernelUidCpuTimeReader errors
    - [info] Revert audio HIDL from 2.0 to 4.0 back to 2.0 - our drivers aren't ready for this
    - [info] Put storage permissions force close on the todo list
    - [info] Chrome browser works
    - [info] Jelly browser works
    - [info] WeDo lego app works