[ROM][testing][suez] Lineage-16.0 [12 FEB 2021]

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Did a clean flash of this onto my Fire HD 10. I can't seem to turn WiFi on. Whenever I try to press the slider it simply doesn't turn on and just goes back to off. Happy to provide any logs or anything that will help?
Hello, need logs to find out what's actually going on.

Reactions: sol-invictus

julianfairfax

May 28, 2019
perhaps the /misc partition, recently had the same issue on Kindle HDX devices. See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unlocked-lineage-16-0-08-feb-2021.4164161/post-83531641

I don't know if it's safe to perform this operation on this tablet, it should be - however you should check before you commit. L:et me know how you get on.
This doesn't seem to have broken anything but it didn't fix it either. I don't think this partition is related to whatever this issue could possibly be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kramar111

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Sure! If you can tell me where I can grab the info I'll send it over!

julianfairfax

May 28, 2019
I've only had this issue when flashing it after having flashed newer versions. I do have one idea of what it could be though: the metadata partition is supposed to hold information about encryption, which I was trying to get working on LineaegOS 14.1 (which apparently is the version that switched to file based encryption). Do you know if it's safe to wipe it?

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
I've only had this issue when flashing it after having flashed newer versions. I do have one idea of what it could be though: the metadata partition is supposed to hold information about encryption, which I was trying to get working on LineaegOS 14.1 (which apparently is the version that switched to file based encryption). Do you know if it's safe to wipe it?
firstly have you tried formatting /data in twrp?
Should be safe to wipe /metadata

We should also move this conversation to the q&a section because it's completely off-topic here

julianfairfax

May 28, 2019
Cool, glad it worked
Unfortunately I tried and encryption doesn't work on LineageOS 12.1 either. So currently encryption isn't working on all three versions, and signature spoofing is only working on LineageOS 12.1. If signature spoofing and then hopefully encryption support is added to this version (cause you won't be updating the others), then I'll switch. Thanks so much for your work on this rom!

DragonFire1024

Mar 27, 2017
Fort Lauderdale
www.twitter.com
So I've gotten some more information regarding the exploit which allows the use of SP flash tool without an authentication file, which is what in the original state this tablet needs an order for SP flash tool to function properly. Now from what I understand with this exploit we in theory can flash whatever we want to the device regardless of what the Amazon ecosystem or what they did to it says. With that being said couldn't we just retake the original boot partition on this device?

Reactions: MarvinMod

steve.on.xda

Sep 28, 2020
Unfortunately I tried and encryption doesn't work on LineageOS 12.1 either. So currently encryption isn't working on all three versions, and signature spoofing is only working on LineageOS 12.1. If signature spoofing and then hopefully encryption support is added to this version (cause you won't be updating the others), then I'll switch. Thanks so much for your work on this rom!
I was able to get file system-based encryption working on LineageOS 12.1 but changes to the ROM were required to get it to work. More information on the steps required here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/hd...neage-12-1-t3953677/post83598879#post83598879

Reactions: julianfairfax