[ROM][testing][suez] Lineage-16.0 [12 FEB 2021]

Search This thread

kwanbis

Apr 19, 2010
The Internets
Hey guys. My kids each have a Fire HD 10 (suez). It works more or less well for what they do.

However, I am wondering if installing a propper android image make it a little bit faster.

Will this one be better than stock FireOS? What about 14.2 or 12.1? Thanks!

autobulb

Dec 27, 2013
This one is currently in testing phase and not recommend for regular use. Los 14 works great, doesn't feel too dated. Los 12 works fine too but I've seen that many modern apps don't support android 5 anymore so you will be missing out on those. Oh and cameras don't work on any ROM except the stock. Plus, you'll have to flash some patches for video playback and headphone jack.
I use los 14.1 with all the patches. It was a bit slow until i created a swap file of around 4gb. It works great now. Only issue left is the cameras which I don't use anyway on a tablet.
How did you get Netflix working? The thread is now closed and although I can follow some of the steps some users did to get it working, the link to the APK they posted is no longer available and I'm not sure if I did all their settings correctly. I can't get Netflix working (in HD) on 14.1.

MarvinMod

• May 20, 2015
    This one is currently in testing phase and not recommend for regular use. Los 14 works great, doesn't feel too dated. Los 12 works fine too but I've seen that many modern apps don't support android 5 anymore so you will be missing out on those. Oh and cameras don't work on any ROM except the stock. Plus, you'll have to flash some patches for video playback and headphone jack.
    I use los 14.1 with all the patches. It was a bit slow until i created a swap file of around 4gb. It works great now. Only issue left is the cameras which I don't use anyway on a tablet.
    Camera works with Los 12.1, both front and back, video and record. I also dont have any issues with any apps. Install by apk if needed then the playstore will update them when needed.

MarvinMod

• May 20, 2015
    Hey guys. My kids each have a Fire HD 10 (suez). It works more or less well for what they do.

However, I am wondering if installing a propper android image make it a little bit faster.

Will this one be better than stock FireOS? What about 14.2 or 12.1? Thanks!
    You'll want 12.1. everything works including cameras and if you need an app thats not supported, install by apk. The store will then update it.

Reactions: TheDevil259
    Is there any development still going on for this ROM? Seems a bit quiet on GitHub, unfortunately.
    The individual who is preparing this ROM is working very hard with code that is unfortunately pretty screwed up. As it stands there is not a lot of hardware functionality on this ROM as of yet and is proving a very difficult task to try and fix it or get it working.

Which reminds me of the errors I keep meaning to post. I can give a general description of what it is but I I am not in front of my computer at the moment and cannot give a verbatim. Essentially in the beginning of the boot process, camera.mt8173.so is active and attempts to load the camera module and fails because it cannot find a certain file or library that is being called upon by a mtkutils lib. The weird part is the the string it asks for is completely malformed. This could be the smoking gun or it could be nothing at all and the error is only three lines long and I only notice it every so often. When I get home I will post the exact error. Now this may have also been one of my tweaks in attempt to get some of this hardware to work I'm not even entirely sure at this point but I will post it later on.

The individual who is preparing this ROM is working very hard with code that is unfortunately pretty screwed up. As it stands there is not a lot of hardware functionality on this ROM as of yet and is proving a very difficult task to try and fix it or get it working.

Which reminds me of the errors I keep meaning to post. I can give a general description of what it is but I I am not in front of my computer at the moment and cannot give a verbatim. Essentially in the beginning of the boot process, camera.mt8173.so is active and attempts to load the camera module and fails because it cannot find a certain file or library that is being called upon by a mtkutils lib. The weird part is the the string it asks for is completely malformed. This could be the smoking gun or it could be nothing at all and the error is only three lines long and I only notice it every so often. When I get home I will post the exact error. Now this may have also been one of my tweaks in attempt to get some of this hardware to work I'm not even entirely sure at this point but I will post it later on.

Sorry I ran out of time yesterday but I haven't forgotten. However I did remember a bit I forgot to add. I did a little bit of research on the error after having found it and come to find out the individual who had the problem removed the call to Opendl (where the error originates) and the camera module booted perfectly. I'm not sure if this is even still a possible option but I promise today when I have time I will post what little bit of this error I do have and hopefully we can get something working.

Reactions: twocrows

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      showing finishing touches for like 20 minutes. normal?
      most likely. the hd 10 is slooooow on the 1st run.
      Disclaimer
      Code:
      /*
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
      * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
      * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
      * in the products you find here before flashing it!
      * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
      */

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: This ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required). This will be fixed in a later update.

Rules
      - Please search the thread before asking questions
      - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
      - Please report bugs here
      - Report only one issue per bug report
      - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg where possible
      - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Downloads
      - Lineage-16.0 for Amazon Fire HD10 (suez)

Source Code

Thanks
      - @k4y0z and @xyz` for the bootloader hack
      - @k4y0z for the initial kernel
      - LineageOS
      Just chiming in with a thanks and to let the OP know we are still out there with our Suez
      🛠 Worklist / Tasks

- [fixed] Bluetooth works
      - [fixed] Audio works
      - [fixed] Internal storage isn't accessible from any app
      - [done] Sensors working
      - [fixed] Touch sounds are working
      - [done] Test audio format playback - mp3 working
      - [done] Tested video playback with NewPipe which is working
      - [fixed] WiFi signal strength not working
      - [done] Support aptX-HD encoder for bluetooth
      - [fixed] No adb during boot
      - [fixed] WiFi working

- [todo] DRM not working
      - [todo] Magisk update by app
      - [todo] New kernel base in progress (will take a long time)
      - [todo] Gapps > pico causing not enough space error
      - [todo] SIM card prompt
      - [todo] Youtube black screen with audio

- [info] These issues are all part of a bigger picture issue
      - [todo] Navbar icon corruption
      - [todo] Wallpaper corruption
      - [todo] Laggy graphics
      - [todo] High idle cpu usage

- [todo] Cameras not working (more info here)
      - [todo] Wired headphones not working
      MOD ACTION:

Thread cleaned.

Friends, please do not lose the focus of the thread. Discussions about other issues and multiple persons posting multiple ways of solving such issues etc make the thread cluttered.

The OP is there and answering queries.

Thank you for understanding!
      Understanding the Camera Issue:

@daniel_hk made a good post on understanding this:

REF: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-7-1-2_r36-27jan2018-lineageos-14-1-custom-roms.3513466/

Relevant Extract of the information

III. The Camera
      After my first ROM was out, the most eye catching in the log would be the stack corruption in libcam.halsensor.so.

Code:
      11-24 21:53:55.967   490   490 F DEBUG   :     #08 pc 00017459  /system/lib/libcam.halsensor.so (_ZN12ImgSensorDrv13getResolutionEPP34ACDK_SENSOR_RESOLUTION_INFO_STRUCT+60)
      After study the source for mt6735, I found it was called within the blob libcam.halsensor.so. In the function ImgSensorDrv::getResolution(), an ioctl() call was passed to the kernel. I was thinking it was caused by user space data handling in the kernel. After a series of trials and dumping, I remarked that part of code from the kernel. The crash persisted. That means it was from the blob itself. I tried a shim library to replace the function ImgSensorDrv::getResolution() but the result is the same. That means the callee was responsible.

After some digging, I was pretty sure it was caused by the alignment (address sanitize) of struct addresses. The latest blob from Lenovo dev.1631 (also the latest for mt6752 devices) were built with gcc 4.9 Clang 3.6. Nougat now use Clang 3.8 by default. Those blob already have alignment support in Clang 3.6 might have issues with the new Clang 3.8.

What is address alignment? In short, a 32 bit processor can handle 32 bit at a time. It would be a easier for the register to locate memories in 32 bits (4 bytes) cells (aligned). If the head or tail for a block of memory is not aligned, extra code would required to separately handle those loose ends. The new clang compiler would fill leading bytes with its own algorithm to make the pointer or variable aligned. Why is ImgSensorDrv::getResolution() being "affected"? The argument of it is a pointer to ACDK_SENSOR_RESOLUTION_INFO_STRUCT. Its definition can be found in the kernel. It is a struct of an array of pointers to another struct. The source from Mediatek use direct reference to the address of struct variables all the time. This is inappropriate in sense of address alignment. Early compilers didn't handle alignments and won't have problem with that. Newer compiler would use its own algorithm to align the structs and pointers. I guess Clang 3.6 didn't handle the above complex struct as argument well. Nougat linker and loader are all built with Clang 3.8. Local variables are allocated at load time which might be handled differently. Thus a call to ImgSensorDrv::getResolution() would cause the stack corruption. :eek:
      ** Those interested may read this article for detail. **

1. Work around
      Using older blobs built by gcc 4.8 or earlier might work. Jiayu S3's AOSP were using those old blobs. I'm new to K3-note. I don't think I have the patience and experience to test all the existing blobs. That's the main reason I uploaded the last two test ROM. Trying blobs and hoping some combination would work is passive. Stlport is also obsolete for some time now. I rather deal with the problem directly. :cowboy:

2. The solution
      Without the source, building the whole blob is impossible. Even if we have the source from other devices, those custom parameters are unique to each image sensor. It's impossible to guess or back engineer... :(

If we can change the way ImgSensorDrv::getResolution() is being called or didn't touch the argument within the function. It would avoid the crash. Unfortunately, the function need to fill a local struct within the ImgSensorDrv class. That means it is not seen outside ImgSensorDrv. The only way is to replace the whole ImgSensorDrv class. Fortunately, it is self contained. We can write a wrapper to replace the ImgSensorDrv class only. The source from mt6735 or mt6595 are a bit different and obviously can't be used directly. Most of the struct can be cross referenced to the kernel source. There are two local sturct left unknown. One is for the commands sent to the kernel. The other is some info. collected from the kernel.

With the wrapper, the crash was gone but still no preview. I wrote a test HAL to dump the values in stock ROM. Guessing the values against the names was not a decent job. Fortunately, there were only a few differences. After nights of trial and error, I finally pulled everything together. Camera is working now! Video recording is still not working. Seems codec related. Some say it's not a problem "again". Hoping there will be some real solutions and helps soon...