[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NeoBlade

Jan 26, 2009
www.eMagi.co.uk
Just ran a simple test with and without a bluetooth headset to test audio quality while in call... Sadly I can't call my mates at this hour to test so I used Voice Recorder for the results.

For both the headset and without the audio is distorted, clips and generally pretty poor. I'm going to push the stock audio files and shall re-test to have a default benchmark before trying out Meltus's new version.

stogchris81

Aug 9, 2008
Westport/Plaza Kansas City Mo.
Hello everyone, excuse me if I'm asking too much, but would someone be able to ennumerate what is new in 1.3 betaxx in comparison to 1.2b? Also what features/apks have been removed? And finally, remaining known issues as of beta12? Thanks in advance for the info (if providable).

Thank you for your reply. Yes I read that, but I've read through pages where other new features have been mentioned that aren't present on that list. For example: HTC Camera (with digital zoom, etc.), not in the list, so I don't know if I have to assume that it has been removed. That kind of thing got me a little confused. Also, after reading that list I don't think I actually know which version of meltus audio mod is included within the build (maybe v2 is still the standard like in 1.2b???) .

i understand the confusion. and i wasnt trying to be sarcastic. the cam is still there. i think all the betas are mostly fixes and what not. however, if that is not the case, please correct me, Dude.
all i really know for sure is, after a short, very slow stint with Hero, i am loving dudes build even more. its like a walk in the park for my phone. everything is so fast. and the best part is, other nice people who know what they are doing are using it so if problems do arise, help comes fast.

menzo44

Jan 31, 2009
Royal Oak, Mi
SD Card erased

Ok I am not sure what happened, but... I was on b9 and everything was perfect no problems since I installed it last night. About an hour ago I picked up my phone and clicked on the web and got a force close then another app and FC then another FC and i was like WTF then I noticed in the status bar a symbol I hadn't seen (Blank SD card or bad file format)!?!?!? SO i shut the phone down and rebooted, same thing but now none of my apps are in the drawer. So I take out my card and put it in the computer to and hope that it really isnt blank all the sudden. It was . but also the partition was gone and the ext2 was showing 7.5gb instead of fat32 (in 7tools). So to be clear my partition was 6.5 fat32 1 ext2. now it was all ext 2?!?!? I have no idea what happened. I deleted the partition ( still said there was one) and reformatted it to a fat 32 and now my card is blank and it looks like im starting over. Anyone have any idea what happend? :eek:

stogchris81

Aug 9, 2008
Westport/Plaza Kansas City Mo.
Ok I am not sure what happened, but... I was on b9 and everything was perfect no problems since I installed it last night. About an hour ago I picked up my phone and clicked on the web and got a force close then another app and FC then another FC and i was like WTF then I noticed in the status bar a symbol I hadn't seen (Blank SD card or bad file format)!?!?!? SO i shut the phone down and rebooted, same thing but now none of my apps are in the drawer. So I take out my card and put it in the computer to and hope that it really isnt blank all the sudden. It was . but also the partition was gone and the ext2 was showing 7.5gb instead of fat32 (in 7tools). So to be clear my partition was 6.5 fat32 1 ext2. now it was all ext 2?!?!? I have no idea what happened. I deleted the partition ( still said there was one) and reformatted it to a fat 32 and now my card is blank and it looks like im starting over. Anyone have any idea what happend? :eek:
ouch! i wish i could help, but i have no earthly idea. i do feel for you though.

beagz

Jan 11, 2009
Greenacres, FL
Yes, I had that happen to me a couple of times. I do a lot of testing. Mainly because of the IME keyboard skinning. 2x now I have had that happen when doing a lot of writes to the SDCARD.

Data gets corrupted and then only a new format fixes it. That's why I backup every so often.

joadchob

Apr 17, 2009
Lima
Hey guys how are you :), i would like to know if any of you are having problems using 2G Networks, due to im using my G1 in a country where 3G service is offered in 850MHz, no 2100Mhz, i can only use EDGE technology, and when im trying to use my browser it takes usually a long time to upload some websties, well i can understand if the problem is related to the network, but when im trying to check some services in the phone, or just simple going to settings my phone is taking his time, and sometimes is giving me a force close, im having this issue with dude 1.2 and 1.3b10 i havent tried this in other builds, since i got recently my chip with data plan, im not sure if this could be related to app2sd, i have an 8gb class 6 card, and have 478MB as ext2, sometimes after getting tired waiting to load a website, i pressed home key, and i tried to check my applications and they dont appear inmediately, it take awhile 15 seconds to get all the applications.
If you know have any idea, let me know thanks :)

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
More strangeness. Either your sd card is taking a crap, or it wasn't partitioned correctly in the first place (which doesn't sound like the case). I would use 7tools again, delete all partitions, apply. Make your FAT32 primary, apply. Make your EXT2 or 3 primary, apply. Last time I did this I went with EXT3 and no problems here, but I have read some concerns about the journaling (sorry if incorrect), so use @ your own risk. Then run Apps to SD 2 again. If you don't want to do all this, and think there may be another way to save your data (which doesn't sound promising, considering the symptoms) you may have to talk to Marcus.

Chahk

Apr 11, 2009
New York
The only thing I changed between b11 and b12 is the a2dp driver.

I'm really perplexed about this.

I'm not convinced this is an issue with the build, Dude. Most likely something's wrong with either my SD card or the way I have it set up.

Woah...very strange. Do you have a recent nandroid of a previous Dude build that you could go back to? If everythings working there, try updating over the top. This has happened to me before, but only when I tried a Hero build, and had to use symlinks for A2SD. Then when I nandroided back to dudes, it was sll screwed up. So I repartitioned, reloaded my apps, and all was well. Nandroid only works if you don't mess with the file systems on SD before you restore your backup.
Check your pm for instructions I made for Manup.
Tried to Nandroid back to B11 (I always backup before flashing :) ) but the problem was there too, which makes me believe this is an issue with my card/set-up, rather than the build.

At one point I did have a Hero build installed, but I re-formatted both the SD card partitions (and wiped the phone) before I went back to Dude's so that could't still be affecting anything.

Anywho, after messing around with this for an hour I re-installed all the apps via adb (adb install -r <apk> [where "-r" preserves the settings]) and my phone is back to a functioning condition. Although I should probably start off clean (re-format and wipe) once 1.3 is live to avoid any further problems.

Last edited:

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
alright thanks for the info.. at least i know im not the only one. did it feel like you got punched in the stomach too?:(
LMAO, yeah it feels that way, at first. Then you learn to make regular backups, especially of the FAT32. When you do as much testing as I do, backups are a necessity. Much of this is new, even for the experts (which doesn't include me), so if we're going to try these things, be prepared for the consequences.

4treyu

Feb 9, 2009
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey guys how are you :), i would like to know if any of you are having problems using 2G Networks, due to im using my G1 in a country where 3G service is offered in 850MHz, no 2100Mhz, i can only use EDGE technology, and when im trying to use my browser it takes usually a long time to upload some websties, well i can understand if the problem is related to the network, but when im trying to check some services in the phone, or just simple going to settings my phone is taking his time, and sometimes is giving me a force close, im having this issue with dude 1.2 and 1.3b10 i havent tried this in other builds, since i got recently my chip with data plan, im not sure if this could be related to app2sd, i have an 8gb class 6 card, and have 478MB as ext2, sometimes after getting tired waiting to load a website, i pressed home key, and i tried to check my applications and they dont appear inmediately, it take awhile 15 seconds to get all the applications.
If you know have any idea, let me know thanks :)

We are on the same wagon, here in my country we only got 3G on 850, 900 and 1900 (no 1700, 2100 :( ) F.... government has reserved the 2100Mhz Band and I'm still waiting to know what for. That long time you get for apps to open is actually very long, not normal at all. I don't use (or need) app2sd so I wouldn't know how much slower it is, but I don't think the difference would be so big because then there wouldn't be so many people doing app2sd. I hope you can get your problem solved.

Apr 17, 2009
Austin, TX
Man I am giving up on the low volume issue on calls with just the handset. I've tried everything upto and including Meltus's V3 and V5 fixes... does ANYONE have this issue with low volume on the HANDSET (not the BT Headsets) and any idea how to resolve it?

The Rocker switch shows the green bar moving up and down but the actualyl volume stays the same regardless of where it's at.

Last edited:

NeoBlade

Jan 26, 2009
www.eMagi.co.uk
Just wanted to confirm that V5 of Meltus's audio mod works like a charm for me, much better audio quality as throughout the builds I had to push the stock files back due to poor audio issues.

For those wanting to push V5 I followed Meltus's steps

1) Push V3 first and reboot media
2) Push V5 and reboot media
3) Done!

menzo44

Jan 31, 2009
Royal Oak, Mi
ya I really didnt have anything on the fat32 that wasnt backed up. but i had 156 apps that arent backed up, and since I wiped in the process of trying to fix, they wont show up in the market. oh well. im still confused though because i did use 7 tools to delete the partition and when i reopened 7tools it showed up again as the whole card was linux ext 2.

edit: okay now its showing fat32 as primary.

Last edited:

alritewhadeva

Mar 26, 2009
Just wanted to confirm that V5 of Meltus's audio mod works like a charm for me, much better audio quality as throughout the builds I had to push the stock files back due to poor audio issues.

For those wanting to push V5 I followed Meltus's steps

1) Push V3 first and reboot media
2) Push V5 and reboot media
3) Done!

Does it distort the volume at all?

NeoBlade

Jan 26, 2009
www.eMagi.co.uk
It doesn't distort the volume as bad as before I found. Remember I have only stuck to the stock previously (I went to work with V4 previously and had a few complaints with people unable to hear me clearly and vice versa).

It doesn't take long to actually push the files so if you want to know, try it by downloading the free Voice Recorder from the Market. Do a test recording with your current settings (testing audio, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, alpha, bravo, etc). Play it back so you have some kind of benchmark.

Push V3 first, reboot media, V5, reboot media.

Then try recording again and see what you think. This was the only method I could think of when thinking on my feet since at this hour most people are sleeping so I can't test it live ^_^;;

menzo44

Jan 31, 2009
Royal Oak, Mi
ok now im trying to repartition this card and its giving me an error (in 7tools) saying "a new partition cannot be created on this hard dist. Most probably, all primary slots are occupied and there is no extended partition" does that mean that my old partition is still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?