[ROM] The Dude's Cupcake1.3RC2 [AOSP + ADP1.5] [2009-06-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
overground..if i am using an earlier version of your launcher and update it to this one along with the extras, and maybe the xrom theme, do I need to run the commands from the terminal again? If so do i rename the Launcher.apk to Launcher-X-Rom.apk in the command line?
If you're using terminal, just do the exact same steps as before. Do not rename anything. Inside Launcher-X-ROM.zip is Launcher.apk.
If you want to keep multiple copies on your sdcard, you can rename them to distinguish them. The commands would go like this (after renaming):
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system
cd /sdcard
install Launcher-X-Rom.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk
reboot
This is assuming you renamed the Launcher.apk that came out of Launcher-X-Rom.zip to Launcher-X-Rom.apk

No matter what, it has to be installed as Launcher.apk (case sensitive).
Hope this wasn't too confusing. :eek:

Better yet, just keep them named Launcher.apk and put the appropriate copies in their own directories.
EXAMPLES:
Code:
su
cd /sdcard/launchers/sick
install Launcher.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk
reboot
or:
Code:
su
cd /sdcard/launchers/x-rom
install Launcher.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk
reboot

EDIT: After today, I most likely won't be on until sometime next week....vacation time! Bringing the laptop, though so I might check in once in a while. If the gf doesn't ***** too much. Maybe when I come back the Dude will have chimed in, but my hopes on that are about as high as me getting Meagan Fox in a threesome.:D

Last edited:

buzzdroidx

May 20, 2009
San Clemente
Thanks a ton man that is easy to follow. Have fun on the holiday hope you go somewhere fun. As for Meagen... nice dream...lol I think we all want that one. Thanks again for such a speedy reply and your help and patience. Have fun!

overground

Thanks a ton man that is easy to follow. Have fun on the holiday hope you go somewhere fun. As for Meagen... nice dream...lol I think we all want that one. Thanks again for such a speedy reply and your help and patience. Have fun!
Thanks, buzz!! Catalina Island here I come! Nothing to do but drink and drink!

buzzdroidx

May 20, 2009
San Clemente
Catalina! hehe thats 40ish miles north of me. I can see the Island on days when it's not so hazy. Should be nice weather out there. sunny yet cool and with that ocean breeze... man drinks will go down soo smooth.

overground

Catalina! hehe thats 40ish miles north of me. I can see the Island on days when it's not so hazy. Should be nice weather out there. sunny yet cool and with that ocean breeze... man drinks will go down soo smooth.
That's right...San Clemente isn't too far from me, either (relatively speaking). Well, Launcher V13 is out and updated in this thread, updating X-ROM now...use links above. I kinda hope he stops updating soon so I can play some poker.

overground

Is anyone having issues with wifi not working after 10-15min? I've tried wiping and reinstalling and applying the sick_fixes. Any ideas?
Try reflashing your radio. The same thing happened to me. I've read about it happening to bunches of people across different builds. Maybe a network thing...IDK?

kusotare

Apr 12, 2009
Colorado
soooo...any word on anything? its been almost a week since anyone posted anything in this thread, much longer since we had any word from dude.

frankzua77

Aug 18, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
help!

Question guys...

I have Drizzys hero rom on my phone....I'm waiting for him to release a 100% optimized rom...I don't know when that's going to happen...anyways...

I want to install the Dudes Rom to give it a try just to try it out...How do I install it?

I have an 8G sd card partitioned..latest radio, latest SPL, cyanogen's 1.4 recovery image, rooted of course.

thanks in advance!

overground

Question guys...

I have Drizzys hero rom on my phone....I'm waiting for him to release a 100% optimized rom...I don't know when that's going to happen...anyways...

I want to install the Dudes Rom to give it a try just to try it out...How do I install it?

I have an 8G sd card partitioned..latest radio, latest SPL, cyanogen's 1.4 recovery image, rooted of course.

thanks in advance!
I would advise against using the build attached to the first post. Everything you need for a good Dude build can be found in the links of this post HERE. As far as anything new, guys, I spoke to the Dude briefly last week...promises, promises.:confused:

Last edited:

wettems35

Apr 20, 2009
i still use it. its getting a bit laggy though.
is he still going to put out roms? cause he keeps saying he will, but its been a long time since hes put something out officially.

buzzdroidx

May 20, 2009
San Clemente
Hey 7 pages deep! this used to be the hottest thread out there. Dude, are you going to continue, or are you abandoning your previous work? Any news? Hows the new job working out?
Just curious as to the status and the future of your builds.Well hopefully things are going well for you. tks for sharing your builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Force closes

I have the upgraded to the 1.5 software and when i press the phone button to make a call, answer a call, access my contacts i get a force close every time is there anything i can do besides downgrade?