[ROM/THEME] MIUIHO- ROM Idea [Update 8/31 Files Uploaded!]

Search This thread

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
MIUIHO - Inferior Human Organs Gingerbread with a taste of MIUI

So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.

The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.

This is just a little taste of what it will look like:

19w9vp.png
2mctvd5.png
121c3rk.png
mjuv5f.png
2nk78g8.png
2rolyya.png

=================================================

Included:

MIUI Gallery
MIUI Music
Custom Bootanimation.zip
MIUI Compass
MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
QQlauncher
Touchwiz3.0 Launcher
Transparent StatusBar
File Expert (File Manager)
CMWallpapers
mClock
MIUI Widgets
Miren Browser
HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
Transparency Patch
WidgetLocker Themes
Custom MIUI Wallpapers
Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
GOSMS and Go Contacts
MIUI Ringtones and Alarms

Things I still need to work on:

DONE WITH EVERYTHING!

Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
==================================================

Downloads!

Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip

(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip

Latest gapps=> gapps.zip

Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip

Installation!

1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)

2. Flash gapps

3. Reboot

4. Go through usual Startup Setup

5. Choose your launcher

6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.

7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser

8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.

9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.

10. Reboot into recovery again.

11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.

12. Reboot system

13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!

14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)

OPTIONAL STEPS!

15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)

Green with Black:
htckeyboard_darkgreen.png

White with Blue:
htckeyboard_lightblue.png

16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization

QQLauncher Transparency & Themes (Thanks dr.notor)
"Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen."

Themes for QQ Launcher can be found here=> THEMES!

Extra*

As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.

Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!

Credits!​

This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO

Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the TOUCHWIZ launcher and the people at the MIUI Forums

Last edited:

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
Glad you like it! Maybe I'll change some things to make it look better overall. Some things I'am considering is changing the notification area colors so that it matches the overall look of the ROM. Any suggestions?

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
I'd love to see something that shows battery percentage, but I suppose that's kind of anti miui, lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
Actually the battery icon on top shows battery percentage, but since it was charging when I took the screenshot, it didn't show the battery percentage lol!

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
I' am still not sure if I should stick with the original MIUI icons, and Touchwiz 3.0 (used in the creenshots) or go with LauncherPro and use the SuaveHD icons!

prech

Feb 10, 2011
Actually the battery icon on top shows battery percentage, but since it was charging when I took the screenshot, it didn't show the battery percentage lol!
Looking forward to trying it out. Would a circle battery be implementable?

Or if not, I imagine the framework files can be altered by UOT kitchen

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
Yeah..at first I thought about that...but then I'd have to add all the different links to apps for MIUI look, plus the patcher for transparent status bar, plus the widgets, plus the touchwiz launcher, plus all the other things I'm planing.for this..so it was easier for me to just create the whole rom with everthything included xD

SWEATTAIMI

Oct 19, 2010
W4ZT3D
Yeah..at first I thought about that...but then I'd have to add all the different links to apps for MIUI look, plus the patcher for transparent status bar, plus the widgets, plus the touchwiz launcher, plus all the other things I'm planing.for this..so it was easier for me to just create the whole rom with everthything included xD

i see that your very good :) P.S May i port this when its finished ;)

really nice

awerni

Jul 27, 2011
i see that your very good :) P.S May i port this when its finished ;)

really nice
Haha ofcourse n.n I got this idea becuase of you anyways :p

And yeah..I tried to put camera.apk from MIUI, but it F'Cs to much, and it is very slow, so I won't be including it :p everything else will be default, but I will attach original gingerbread files just in case someone dislikes the diffrent system apps

SWEATTAIMI

Oct 19, 2010
W4ZT3D
Thank you

Haha ofcourse n.n I got this idea becuase of you anyways :p

And yeah..I tried to put camera.apk from MIUI, but it F'Cs to much, and it is very slow, so I won't be including it :p everything else will be default, but I will attach original gingerbread files just in case someone dislikes the diffrent system apps

hehe thanks, i really like the stuff you done 0___o its better than dr.notor's rom :D

really nice :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUIHO - Inferior Human Organs Gingerbread with a taste of MIUI

So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.

The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.

This is just a little taste of what it will look like:

19w9vp.png
    2mctvd5.png
    121c3rk.png
    mjuv5f.png
    2nk78g8.png
    2rolyya.png

=================================================

Included:

MIUI Gallery
    MIUI Music
    Custom Bootanimation.zip
    MIUI Compass
    MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
    QQlauncher
    Touchwiz3.0 Launcher
    Transparent StatusBar
    File Expert (File Manager)
    CMWallpapers
    mClock
    MIUI Widgets
    Miren Browser
    HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
    Transparency Patch
    WidgetLocker Themes
    Custom MIUI Wallpapers
    Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
    GOSMS and Go Contacts
    MIUI Ringtones and Alarms

Things I still need to work on:

DONE WITH EVERYTHING!

Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
    ==================================================

Downloads!

Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip

(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip

Latest gapps=> gapps.zip

Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip

Installation!

1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)

2. Flash gapps

3. Reboot

4. Go through usual Startup Setup

5. Choose your launcher

6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.

7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser

8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.

9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.

10. Reboot into recovery again.

11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.

12. Reboot system

13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!

14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)

OPTIONAL STEPS!

15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)

Green with Black:
    htckeyboard_darkgreen.png

White with Blue:
    htckeyboard_lightblue.png

16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization

QQLauncher Transparency & Themes (Thanks dr.notor)
    "Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen."

Themes for QQ Launcher can be found here=> THEMES!

Extra*

As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.

Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!

Credits!​

This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO

Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the TOUCHWIZ launcher and the people at the MIUI Forums

Cant wait to you release this Rom!!!:)

Don't worry, I finished half of the things I need to work on 5 minutes after I updated the post XD I'll probably release it in 2 days or so! :D
    Same here! ima have toi get it after school and i would just wait to release with all of its features and everything compiled and ready to go! :)
    yes i agree! if it takes like another day or two to put everything together, by any means take your time! id rather wait for a quality ROM then make you rush for one that wont be to its full potential!