[ROM] Thor Gapps Rom ( 13.3.2.4 )

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Well if anybody that has this bug be willing to take a bug report or post a log? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jtb.alogcat If you have complaints and you have problems you should bring more details to the developer other than a straight up whining for something that you're getting for free. I'm sure he is willing to accept your research and patch if you are able to develop it your self.

I would however I don't have this device readily handy as I have only flashed this ROM for one of my coworkers and he has mentioned this exact problem (not whining/complaining at all because the ROM already in it's current state is 10x more useful to him than the stock Amazon one and having even half-working Hangouts is better than non at all). :good:

Just wanted to chime in and confirm that the initial user mentioning this is not a specific problem to them but actually seems to be related to the ROM itself. I'm thinking everyone would be able to confirm the same issue here hopefully one of our helpful users can provide a log to assist further. :)

Reactions: jimyv

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
!off topic!

I would however I don't have this device readily handy as I have only flashed this ROM for one of my coworkers and he has mentioned this exact problem (not whining/complaining at all because the ROM already in it's current state is 10x more useful to him than the stock Amazon one and having even half-working Hangouts is better than non at all). :good:

Just wanted to chime in and confirm that the initial user mentioning this is not a specific problem to them but actually seems to be related to the ROM itself. I'm thinking everyone would be able to confirm the same issue here hopefully one of our helpful users can provide a log to assist further. :)

oh is no problem I personally am not using this Rom right now .. But nevertheless I sooner or later will be coming back to this Rom as it is currently in my slot one but I am only using stock... And I wasn't really talking to you specifically but there are a lot of people that chime in and give problems with no details No Log cats expecting somebody to jump backwards for them it would be a lot better if they brought useful information to the table that way we all can get better results .. Maybe even speed the process up lil .. And yes I'm sure it is related to the ROM considering what is, we are very fortunate that it only has a few bugs.. In mind this device is still locked down tight and it makes it very hard to make half Amazon system work with the other half that we are trying to get to happen.. It would be so much easier if we could just do it from soures instead of trying to hybrid the two but this is our only alternative at the moment you should totally let your friends know how difficult this device is to recover and not be attempting to do something silly or any kind of factory reset.. As I believe even a factory reset would totally screw you up if you have the wrong stuff changed or installed.... Just so to give you less headaches trying to maintenance somebody else's device... Good luck I do that with many peoples devices but I do not believe I would attempt to maintenance somebody else's HDX simply because of the difficult recovery in the quite serious problems that somebody that is ignorant could possibly cause themselves..

Last edited:

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
oh is no problem I personally am not using this Rom right now .. But nevertheless I sooner or later will be coming back to this Rom as it is currently in my slot one but I am only using stock... And I wasn't really talking to you specifically but there are a lot of people that chime in and give problems with no details No Log cats expecting somebody to jump backwards for them it would be a lot better if they brought useful information to the table that way we all can get better results .. Maybe even speed the process up lil .. And yes I'm sure it is related to the ROM considering what is, we are very fortunate that it only has a few bugs.. In mind this device is still locked down tight and it makes it very hard to make half Amazon system work with the other half that we are trying to get to happen.. It would be so much easier if we could just do it from soures instead of trying to hybrid the two but this is our only alternative at the moment you should totally let your friends know how difficult this device is to recover and not be attempting to do something silly or any kind of factory reset.. As I believe even a factory reset would totally screw you up if you have the wrong stuff changed or installed.... Just so to give you less headaches trying to maintenance somebody else's device... Good luck I do that with many peoples devices but I do not believe I would attempt to maintenance somebody else's HDX simply because of the difficult recovery in the quite serious problems that somebody that is ignorant could possibly cause themselves..
No one was "whining" as you mentioned, although I'm sure you mean well. The problem may just be that they're not as savvy in this field — for one, I've never even heard of logcat before and wouldn't have gotten the idea myself.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
!off topic!

No one was "whining" as you mentioned, although I'm sure you mean well. The problem may just be that they're not as savvy in this field — for one, I've never even heard of logcat before and wouldn't have gotten the idea myself.
Yet your here modifying the best hardware and the most lockdown device I know of (Besides my other two media devices 'chromecast')..uhg, good luck. WOW HDX forum has to be the most «unique» forum of members that I have ever come across. And I am subscribed to at least 12 devices just on XDA and I have only made android my part time hobby for 3 years . I actually got my first email account only 5 years ago ... Excuse me for expecting somebody that is posting in a development section of a development forum to have at least heard of a log cat or read about it somewhere here at least one time. Why do you think they limit the place and use of post by new members.. To prevent "new"memders from posting in the development section which is supposed to be purely useful tangible and developmental information not just discussion. That is what the general section is for.

Last edited:

chris83282

Mar 21, 2014
Thornton
Since this has been confirmed working on 13.3.2.3.2 if I use it on said firmware I should still be good to go for when the bootloader exploit comes out right? It won't mess anything up?

Just to be sure this rom (thor-gapps-13.3.2.4-v1.zip} is the one working on 13.3.2.3.2. I'm new to this and I am to the point where I have created a rom slot and restored the stock rom backup to the rom slot. Now I am wanting to try flashing a rom..

tuilakhang

Mar 21, 2014
Im in 13.3.2.1, can I up this rom
Cause I had tried to update to 13.3.2.4 but when I copy The stock rom to my device, my device does not regonize it
Pls help me

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
ok

Im in 13.3.2.1, can I up this rom
Cause I had tried to update to 13.3.2.4 but when I copy The stock rom to my device, my device does not regonize it
Pls help me
No ,this will not work on that base from what I understand but it does on 13.3.2.2
Let me guess you got your refurbished unit that was a replacement for the last one you bricked LOL and it came with this firmware? If you have run the OTA blocker utility you have to reverse it by the way I would advise forgetting known Wi-Fi networks while you are doing this. And then you must also uninstall the Xposed framework and the HDXposed apk. Temporarily until you manually update . Then place whatever firmware you wish to upgrade to on the root of your Sd card . I would not advise upgrading to that particular firmware possibly the one before that . They say that the newest firmware will block your passage to an unlocked bootloader if it is eventually ever released ..reboot then go to settings and check update.... Battery must be above 30% to allow update. good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: tuilakhang

tuilakhang

Mar 21, 2014
No ,this will not work on that base from what I understand but it does on 13.3.2.2
Let me guess you got your refurbished unit that was a replacement for the last one you bricked LOL and it came with this firmware? If you have run the OTA blocker utility you have to reverse it by the way I would advise forgetting known Wi-Fi networks while you are doing this. And then you must also uninstall the Xposed framework and the HDXposed apk. Temporarily until you manually update . Then place whatever firmware you wish to upgrade to on the root of your Sd card . I would not advise upgrading to that particular firmware possibly the one before that . They say that the newest firmware will block your passage to an unlocked bootloader if it is eventually ever released ..reboot then go to settings and check update.... Battery must be above 30% to allow update. good luck

Ths for your advise and I wil try it soon, so which rom should I up, 13.3.2.3.2 or 13.3.2.4

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
well

Ths for your advise and I wil try it soon, so which rom should I up, 13.3.2.3.2 or 13.3.2.4

Like I said I believe the latest firmware locks you out of the bootloader unlock option later( personally I'm really beginning to wonder if it will get released at all ) but for now at least ,I would stick back with 13.3.2.3.2... And it still will be compatible with this rom flashed on slot 1

tuilakhang

Mar 21, 2014

I had tried to follow your guide but when I copy file .bin into KDF, I go to "System Updates" but it's still show Check now, nothing to update??

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Uninstall safestrap

I click check now many times but it said must have wireless, and I had installed safestrap already!

After you delete any extra slots make sure you are booted in stock slot . Open safestrap apk. Uninstall recovery. . Then open up a file manager go to /mnt/shell/emulated and delete safestrap file...have you already uninstalled framework inside xposed akp.? And unchecked hdxposed module inside framework apk.? And run the ota block reversal within toolkit v,94? And rebooted? If all that has been done properly re-download your proper Bin file onto your PC an d move to kindle do not allow your computer to change anything in the file as it's copied to the Kindle. When everything is done properly and you put the Bin file on the kindle and go to check update it will show that it has already been downloaded you will not need wireless services.

Last edited:

tuilakhang

Mar 21, 2014
After you delete any extra slots make sure you are booted in stock slot . Open safestrap apk. Uninstall recovery. . Then open up a file manager go to /mnt/shell/emulated and delete safestrap file...have you already uninstalled framework inside xposed akp.? And unchecked hdxposed module inside framework apk.? And run the ota block reversal within toolkit v,94? And rebooted? If all that has been done properly re-download your proper Bin file onto your PC an d move to kindle do not allow your computer to change anything in the file as it's copied to the Kindle. When everything is done properly and you put the Bin file on the kindle and go to check update it will show that it has already been downloaded you will not need wireless services.

Finally, it works, thank you for your supporting

Revan™

Apr 26, 2014
So I got a KFHDX today. Got it rooted twrp supersu flashed gapps etc. Just a possibly off topic question though. Does anyone know if CM has a timeline for a 4.4.4 rom for soho, seems like they've had tate done for a while now...please excuse me if I missed something.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Revan™

Apr 26, 2014
So I got a KFHDX today. Got it rooted twrp supersu flashed gapps etc. Just a possibly off topic question though. Does anyone know if CM has a timeline for a 4.4.4 rom for soho, seems like they've had tate done for a while now...please excuse me if I missed something.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Oops, forgot about the locked bootloader. Gag me with a spoon.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is a light custom rom for the Kindle Fire HDX 7", with all amazon apps and services removed and almost aosp (including google apps). I'll try to fix remaining bugs as soon as i have the time to !

Features:
    • All amazon apps removed
    • All amazon background services removed (including OTA update)
    • Google services added (play store, gmail, gallery...)
    • AOSP launcher and apps
    • Rooted

Bugs/Todo:
    • Gmail is crashing
    • Some settings menu not working -> use stock settings app
    • No camera app -> use any other camera app from the market

Installation:
    • Install/update SafeStrap
    • Create a rom slot
    • Flash/restore stock rom DATA to rom slot (optional, but restore partition if problems)
    • Flash thor-gapps-13.3.0.0-v2.zip if you are on firmware 13.3.0.0 or thor-gapps-13.3.2.4-v1.zip for firmware 13.3.2.4 ...

Download:

Changelog:
    • 13.3.2.4-v1
      • built from amazon update 13.3.2.4
      • IF YOUR FIRMWARE IS NOT 13.3.2.4 DON'T UPDATE OR USE THIS ROM
    • 13.3.0.0-v2
      • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
      • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
      • fix contacts from aosp sources
      • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
      • fix facebook installation (library error)
      • removed stock settings
      • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    • 13.3.0.0-v1
      • fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
      • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
      • added chrome and gmail app
      • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
      • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
      • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
      • changed bootanimation to aosp one

Credits:
    • Hashcode
    • CelticWebSolutions
    • All of you for your support

thor-gapps-rom-1 is uploading !

Here's the (good) news :

• fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
    • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
    • added chrome and gmail app
    • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
    • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
    • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
    • changed bootanimation to aosp one
    Else I did start to work on the new update. I think all is OK except I still use the old kernel and since the GPU driver has changed in the kernel there is no rendering.
    I think we could just flash the updated kernel to my modded (updated) ROM but I'm very anxious to do so.

Maybe if there is someone with a non updated spare device we could test together ? (Worst cases is device updated and non rootable or bricked).

My other side project for the HDXs is getting the device into a usasble fastboot state without having a usable OS. To me this is absolutely critical for future development. Its just too risky atm to randomly test flash kernels, etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    I did update the rom with some great changes ! Here is the (summary) changelog :

Version 2
    • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
    • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
    • fix contacts from aosp sources
    • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
    • fix facebook installation (library error)
    • removed stock settings
    • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    New rom uploaded, be sure to read the installation procedure in first post as a few more steps are involved (xposed)