[ROM] Thor Gapps Rom ( 13.3.2.4 )

Search This thread

kaparo

Aug 29, 2007
This is the most compatible option so far to have AOSP experiences without Amazon junks. And I tried a lot: from original Amazon rom with xposed + hdx exposed module (amazon communication service eats too much battery, should be something related with OTA-disabled) to HDX Nexus 1.1 rom and also several original ROM versions...

However, with this ROM I am having incredible amount of wakelocks GTALK_ASYNC_CONN AndroidEndpoint (battery is 59% but the number is already 1447 wakelocks). I have Hangout installed, but used a system app remover to remove google plus, news & weather apps. This seems does not solve the problem. I have to mention that everything else is working perfectly, Play Store downloads work well, etc...

Do you have some hints here?

casualt

Dec 29, 2009
Newest update

I fully have this ROM working with full use of google play and serivces.
My kindle updated on its own after I bought it. Its running the lastest 13.3.2.5
I have rooted and install safestrap as well as flashed gapps rom and its all FULLY WORKING!

Last edited:
Reactions: aliandren

khanhdaojtk

Sep 2, 2014
I had did it and be bootloop. I think i have problem with stock kernel.
Exactly i do when the first time i boot in thor gapps 13.3.2.4 is : when hdx pop up the table to choose defaut setting [enterprise or normal], i choose normal and hdx reboot immediately and bootloop.
I did flash thor gapps 13.3.2.4 on many 13.3.2.5 hdx before, and i choose [setting enterprise] and hdx work ok.
Any idea for that ?

uramisten

Jan 13, 2010
13.3.2.7?

Hi - I just got Amazon to roll back my kindle hdx to 13.3.2.7 Towel root worked perfectly, and exposed + Gapps all working perfectly (safestrap 3.75 also fine). Will this ROM work on my kernel? or CM kernel? anyone tried with 13.3.2.6?

cwzkevin

Jan 4, 2008
Baltimore
I am using this Gapps Rom (13.3.2.4) on my HDX7 Lte, it is good, thanks OP.
One question, I want to run Amazon App Store to install Amazon Kindle Reader and Amazon Instant Video. But the Amazon App Store keep stop running after say 5 seconds.... Any idea? Thanks!

Update: It seems the problems comes from amazon app store apk, which I got from amazon.com/getappstore. Maybe it is too new? Anyway, I downloaded Amazon for Tablets and Amazon Kindle from google play store. It is good now. (Update, what I meant "It is good now" is that, the app can open. But the app closes every few seconds. So, it is NOT good.)

Looking forward for your working CM11. Since there is one draw back in the current gapps rom, which is google maps doesn't work. Not only that the text on the map is wrong, but also it can't get the gps signal even when I turn on gps location setting both in system setting and google setting. Using Map Quest right now, which has no problem getting gps signal...

Last edited:

phez

Sep 21, 2007
I am using this Gapps Rom (13.3.2.4) on my HDX7 Lte, it is good, thanks OP.
One question, I want to run Amazon App Store to install Amazon Kindle Reader and Amazon Instant Video. But the Amazon App Store keep stop running after say 5 seconds.... Any idea? Thanks!

Update: It seems the problems comes from amazon app store apk, which I got from amazon.com/getappstore. Maybe it is too new? Anyway, I downloaded Amazon for Tablets and Amazon Kindle from google play store. It is good now.

Looking forward for your working CM11. Since there is one draw back in the current gapps rom, which is google maps doesn't work. Not only that the text on the map is wrong, but also it can't get the gps signal even when I turn on gps location setting both in system setting and google setting. Using Map Quest right now, which has no problem getting gps signal...

Thanks for sharing cwzkevin, can you confirm your LTE is working and what speed do you get an who is it with?
Cheers

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
Is wifi hotspot working with this rom ? I tried to toggle it and find this Piortable Wi-Fi hotspot in Settings - Wireless & networks, but check the box does nothing.

Edit: Although stock settings is not working with hotspot, hotspot works with the app called Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.

Last edited:

kbs24

May 5, 2010
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
What version of the amazon app store did you finally get to work? I have 13.0003.844.1c.643000310 and it closes as you described, every few seconds. I have not been able to download anything and I'm wondering what the problem is.....thanks.

cwzkevin

Jan 4, 2008
Baltimore
What version of the amazon app store did you finally get to work? I have 13.0003.844.1c.643000310 and it closes as you described, every few seconds. I have not been able to download anything and I'm wondering what the problem is.....thanks.

No, it doesn't work. It closes every few seconds... No amazon for me on this rom, no Kindle, no instant video.....

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing cwzkevin, can you confirm your LTE is working and what speed do you get an who is it with?
Cheers

LTE is working. I am with T-Mobile 200m free and Cricket 1GB data. Didn't speed test the t-mobile one. Getting the Cricket throttled speed, about 8mbps download, 4mbps upload.

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
Will this ROM work with the newly released TWRP Recovery 2.8.1.0 for HDX here?

Update: Tested and it's working, i.e., twrp 2.8.1.0 supports this Thor Gapps Rom.

Antutu score: 39936.

Last edited:

manymarius73

Aug 23, 2012
Glenn heights
Link Down?

I've tried to download this to my Kindle, and computer, and I get a 404 not found error. Is the link gone for good? I just got downgraded to .8 and am looking for a ROM to replace this Amazon thing. Thanks.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
Will this ROM work with the newly released TWRP Recovery 2.8.1.0 for HDX here?

Update: Tested and it's working, i.e., twrp 2.8.1.0 supports this Thor Gapps Rom.

Antutu score: 39936.
No! It is NOT for new TWRP recovery! You can't read or follow directions of OP..and don't even bother to try!
We will be seeing you in the,HELP!! I bricked my device thread soon if we haven't already.
Not sure y the link is down ...but if it was mine I would have taken it down just because of this kind of crap .
You simply got lucky because you had a compatible kernel in place already .0 and dirty flashed this right after TWRP install ..apparently you had had enough left over that it booted.. Jezz ppl read the OP at least!
Maybe while you are there check the dates of these thread and post and or OP edited dates .
Smh.....repetitively facepalming in the HDX forum:eek:

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
No! It is NOT for new TWRP recovery! You can't read or follow directions of OP..and don't even bother to try!
We will be seeing you in the,HELP!! I bricked my device thread soon if we haven't already.
Not sure y the link is down ...but if it was mine I would have taken it down just because of this kind of crap .
You simply got lucky because you had a compatible kernel in place already .0 and dirty flashed this right after TWRP install ..apparently you had had enough left over that it booted.. Jezz ppl read the OP at least!
Maybe while you are there check the dates of these thread and post and or OP edited dates .
Smh.....repetitively facepalming in the HDX forum:eek:

13.3.2.4.v1 worked very well with twrp 2.8.1.0 in that link on my device which was rolled back to 13.3.2.4 before the flash. I was just reporting back my result. I didn't know my hdx is so special. Yes, my hdx is bricked but not due to doing this. But I don't like the way that amazon locks the bootloader at all which makes hdx very easy to be bricked and very difficult to unbrick. I'm out of here, your guys have fun.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is a light custom rom for the Kindle Fire HDX 7", with all amazon apps and services removed and almost aosp (including google apps). I'll try to fix remaining bugs as soon as i have the time to !

Features:
    • All amazon apps removed
    • All amazon background services removed (including OTA update)
    • Google services added (play store, gmail, gallery...)
    • AOSP launcher and apps
    • Rooted

Bugs/Todo:
    • Gmail is crashing
    • Some settings menu not working -> use stock settings app
    • No camera app -> use any other camera app from the market

Installation:
    • Install/update SafeStrap
    • Create a rom slot
    • Flash/restore stock rom DATA to rom slot (optional, but restore partition if problems)
    • Flash thor-gapps-13.3.0.0-v2.zip if you are on firmware 13.3.0.0 or thor-gapps-13.3.2.4-v1.zip for firmware 13.3.2.4 ...

Download:

Changelog:
    • 13.3.2.4-v1
      • built from amazon update 13.3.2.4
      • IF YOUR FIRMWARE IS NOT 13.3.2.4 DON'T UPDATE OR USE THIS ROM
    • 13.3.0.0-v2
      • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
      • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
      • fix contacts from aosp sources
      • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
      • fix facebook installation (library error)
      • removed stock settings
      • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    • 13.3.0.0-v1
      • fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
      • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
      • added chrome and gmail app
      • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
      • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
      • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
      • changed bootanimation to aosp one

Credits:
    • Hashcode
    • CelticWebSolutions
    • All of you for your support

thor-gapps-rom-1 is uploading !

Here's the (good) news :

• fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
    • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
    • added chrome and gmail app
    • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
    • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
    • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
    • changed bootanimation to aosp one
    Else I did start to work on the new update. I think all is OK except I still use the old kernel and since the GPU driver has changed in the kernel there is no rendering.
    I think we could just flash the updated kernel to my modded (updated) ROM but I'm very anxious to do so.

Maybe if there is someone with a non updated spare device we could test together ? (Worst cases is device updated and non rootable or bricked).

My other side project for the HDXs is getting the device into a usasble fastboot state without having a usable OS. To me this is absolutely critical for future development. Its just too risky atm to randomly test flash kernels, etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    I did update the rom with some great changes ! Here is the (summary) changelog :

Version 2
    • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
    • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
    • fix contacts from aosp sources
    • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
    • fix facebook installation (library error)
    • removed stock settings
    • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    New rom uploaded, be sure to read the installation procedure in first post as a few more steps are involved (xposed)