[ROM] Thor Gapps Rom ( 13.3.2.4 )

Search This thread

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
13.3.2.4.v1 worked very well with twrp 2.8.1.0 in that link on my device which was rolled back to 13.3.2.4 before the flash. I was just reporting back my result. I didn't know my hdx is so special. Yes, my hdx is bricked but not due to doing this. But I don't like the way that amazon locks the bootloader at all which makes hdx very easy to be bricked and very difficult to unbrick. I'm out of here, your guys have fun.
No , I'm sure it wasn't "this" that bricked your device ...
Bricked devices here, are caused by operator error ..I.e my above examples,,
your luck simply ran out.

Last edited:

MinerBoy004

Jan 14, 2015
But I can't install twrp on that version.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

TWRP isn't for 3.2.4 though

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
But I can't install twrp on that version.
Right - so you'll have to pursue a different ROM or dump TWRP. My experience with ggow's Nexus ROM has been outstanding. Rock solid; everything works as it should. Suggest going with that while the CM11/CM12 varients evolve. Some may belly ache about its JB roots but there are very few apps that truly need KitKat+. Load up Gravitybox (or similar tools) and most of the differences disappear.

BTW, no disrespect to cpasjuste (great work) and other devs for their ROMs and numerous contributions to the HDX community. Gotta love the dedication. All depends on your needs/interests. The import point is you have a choice. Be happy you have have choices.

Reactions: EncryptedCurse

mongkob

Jul 21, 2008
Update: It seems the problems comes from amazon app store apk, which I got from amazon.com/getappstore. Maybe it is too new? Anyway, I downloaded Amazon for Tablets and Amazon Kindle from google play store. It is good now. (Update, what I meant "It is good now" is that, the app can open. But the app closes every few seconds. So, it is NOT good.)

What version of the amazon app store did you finally get to work? I have 13.0003.844.1c.643000310 and it closes as you described, every few seconds. I have not been able to download anything and I'm wondering what the problem is.....thanks.

No, it doesn't work. It closes every few seconds... No amazon for me on this rom, no Kindle, no instant video.....

I just tried the latest version 15.0001.872.0C_645000110 and it still closes within a few seconds. I got the kindle app from the play store and that runs fine. Has anyone found a way to run amazon app store on this rom?
Edit: Kindle app from play store doesn't work after all :(

Last edited:

hecbigcat

Mar 29, 2013
Can i flash this rom by twrp recovery , my device unlocked bootloader 13.3.2.3.
I worry my bootloader upgrade to 13.3.2.4

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Only i need is dolby audio , it make awsome music , im running Nexus 2.0.5 but battery life not good :(
On Nexus 2.0.5 you can enable Dolby audio by flashing this add-on.

Battery life with Nexus 2.0.5 is excellent - on par with some of the best roms I have experienced on an handful of Android devices. Your battery life is likely being influenced by one or more of the following:
- screen brightness set too high (HDX devices have a powerful backlight)
- active background processes - use gsam and greenify (or the tools of your choice) to help identify and tame
- excessive wakelocks; amplify can help but has some side effects if used aggressively/incorrectly
- an aging battery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is a light custom rom for the Kindle Fire HDX 7", with all amazon apps and services removed and almost aosp (including google apps). I'll try to fix remaining bugs as soon as i have the time to !

Features:
    • All amazon apps removed
    • All amazon background services removed (including OTA update)
    • Google services added (play store, gmail, gallery...)
    • AOSP launcher and apps
    • Rooted

Bugs/Todo:
    • Gmail is crashing
    • Some settings menu not working -> use stock settings app
    • No camera app -> use any other camera app from the market

Installation:
    • Install/update SafeStrap
    • Create a rom slot
    • Flash/restore stock rom DATA to rom slot (optional, but restore partition if problems)
    • Flash thor-gapps-13.3.0.0-v2.zip if you are on firmware 13.3.0.0 or thor-gapps-13.3.2.4-v1.zip for firmware 13.3.2.4 ...

Download:

Changelog:
    • 13.3.2.4-v1
      • built from amazon update 13.3.2.4
      • IF YOUR FIRMWARE IS NOT 13.3.2.4 DON'T UPDATE OR USE THIS ROM
    • 13.3.0.0-v2
      • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
      • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
      • fix contacts from aosp sources
      • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
      • fix facebook installation (library error)
      • removed stock settings
      • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    • 13.3.0.0-v1
      • fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
      • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
      • added chrome and gmail app
      • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
      • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
      • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
      • changed bootanimation to aosp one

Credits:
    • Hashcode
    • CelticWebSolutions
    • All of you for your support

thor-gapps-rom-1 is uploading !

Here's the (good) news :

• fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
    • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
    • added chrome and gmail app
    • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
    • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
    • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
    • changed bootanimation to aosp one
    Else I did start to work on the new update. I think all is OK except I still use the old kernel and since the GPU driver has changed in the kernel there is no rendering.
    I think we could just flash the updated kernel to my modded (updated) ROM but I'm very anxious to do so.

Maybe if there is someone with a non updated spare device we could test together ? (Worst cases is device updated and non rootable or bricked).

My other side project for the HDXs is getting the device into a usasble fastboot state without having a usable OS. To me this is absolutely critical for future development. Its just too risky atm to randomly test flash kernels, etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    I did update the rom with some great changes ! Here is the (summary) changelog :

Version 2
    • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
    • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
    • fix contacts from aosp sources
    • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
    • fix facebook installation (library error)
    • removed stock settings
    • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    New rom uploaded, be sure to read the installation procedure in first post as a few more steps are involved (xposed)