[ROM] Thor Gapps Rom ( 13.3.2.4 )

Search This thread

glimmer00

Mar 28, 2012
With the update for gmail that came out within the past week it just started working for me. I didn't even need to clear dalvik I think.

glimmer00

Mar 28, 2012
I tried again and upped the number of days of mail to sync and was able to get a crash. Log cat seems to indicate it's trying to do something with contacts that is failing and causing the force close. So yeah it's not working for me either.

lasset

Jan 15, 2005
Malmo
Are your plans to make a version for HDX 8.9 Apollo?
I really hopes so and SafeStrap is now in beta-:).

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I tried again and upped the number of days of mail to sync and was able to get a crash. Log cat seems to indicate it's trying to do something with contacts that is failing and causing the force close. So yeah it's not working for me either.

it's basically running into some sort of a hack Amazon did to intercept the Contacts call to its own Contacts rather than the Google one, much like the one Amazon did the market calls.

I can describe the high concept, but I don't know how to work around it yet as I'm not that much of an Android programmer/hacker (yet).

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi !

I do not have access to my stock backup right now but would need a directory listing of some stock rom data folder :

/data/app
/data/app-lib
/data/data

Thanks in advance if someone is able to give me the list of files in those folders (need to be from a STOCK rom). This will be usefull to finish the new version of the rom :)

vdsno1

Nov 6, 2013

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007

Many thanks, downloaded.

I still want to improve a few things, and since time is missing me i will probably take my time for the new version. But it will be up for the week end for sure. Just be aware that with the "DownloadManager" fix, all seems to work properly now ! (play store, gmail, chrome, etc..)

Edit: in the meantime you can try my HDXPosed mod to have a taste of it as it will allow gmail, chrome and other downloads to work.

vdsno1

Nov 6, 2013
thanks

Many thanks, downloaded.

I still want to improve a few things, and since time is missing me i will probably take my time for the new version. But it will be up for the week end for sure. Just be aware that with the "DownloadManager" fix, all seems to work properly now ! (play store, gmail, chrome, etc..)

Edit: in the meantime you can try my HDXPosed mod to have a taste of it as it will allow gmail, chrome and other downloads to work.

I still try it ^ ^ I hope your work will be good and if I can help I will help you best ^ ^

johnwaters

Jan 11, 2014
Can anybody explain why I can't go into settings/notifications without it crashing?

I've reflashed multiple times and several 'settings' menus don't work.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
thor-gapps-rom-1 is uploading !

Here's the (good) news :

• fixed DownloadManager (gmail, chrome...)
  • fixed launcher orientation silliness (thanks to CelticWebSolutions !)
  • added chrome and gmail app
  • added aosp settings compiled from sources (com.android.thorsettings)
  • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
  • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)
  • changed bootanimation to aosp one

Last edited:

lasset

Jan 15, 2005
Malmo
A big Thank You for a great work! I´m owner of HDX 8.9 but I really appricate what you are doing for us KindleFire HDX owners.

Hopefully, when you get time, you start to build a Apollo Gapps-rom -:).

Thanks

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Arg, very bad news for me. I tried to flash the rom on the stock partition like i already did a lot of time, but this time it did hang on the system partition formating. Now the device is stuck on the "kindle fire" screen :/

Edit: i was still in the 30 days so i submitted a return and did buy a new one right away. Should be there for the weed end :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here is a light custom rom for the Kindle Fire HDX 7", with all amazon apps and services removed and almost aosp (including google apps). I'll try to fix remaining bugs as soon as i have the time to !

Features:
    • All amazon apps removed
    • All amazon background services removed (including OTA update)
    • Google services added (play store, gmail, gallery...)
    • AOSP launcher and apps
    • Rooted

Bugs/Todo:
    • Gmail is crashing
    • Some settings menu not working -> use stock settings app
    • No camera app -> use any other camera app from the market

Installation:
    • Install/update SafeStrap
    • Create a rom slot
    • Flash/restore stock rom DATA to rom slot (optional, but restore partition if problems)
    • Flash thor-gapps-13.3.0.0-v2.zip if you are on firmware 13.3.0.0 or thor-gapps-13.3.2.4-v1.zip for firmware 13.3.2.4 ...

Download:

Changelog:
    • 13.3.2.4-v1
      • built from amazon update 13.3.2.4
      • IF YOUR FIRMWARE IS NOT 13.3.2.4 DON'T UPDATE OR USE THIS ROM
    • 13.3.0.0-v2
      • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
      • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
      • fix contacts from aosp sources
      • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
      • fix facebook installation (library error)
      • removed stock settings
      • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    • 13.3.0.0-v1
      • fixed almost all settings when using aosp settings (still problems with SeekBar's like volume and brightness)
      • added aosp keyboard compiled from sources with landscape width fix (removed stock swype)

Credits:
    • Hashcode
    • CelticWebSolutions
    • All of you for your support

thor-gapps-rom-1 is uploading !

Here's the (good) news :

Else I did start to work on the new update. I think all is OK except I still use the old kernel and since the GPU driver has changed in the kernel there is no rendering.
    I think we could just flash the updated kernel to my modded (updated) ROM but I'm very anxious to do so.

Maybe if there is someone with a non updated spare device we could test together ? (Worst cases is device updated and non rootable or bricked).

My other side project for the HDXs is getting the device into a usasble fastboot state without having a usable OS. To me this is absolutely critical for future development. Its just too risky atm to randomly test flash kernels, etc.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    I did update the rom with some great changes ! Here is the (summary) changelog :

Version 2
    • removed xposed dependency (all changes are done in aosp sources)
    • improve gapps which now include working Google+, Photos ...
    • fix contacts from aosp sources
    • fix brightness menu in aosp settings (SeekBar)
    • fix facebook installation (library error)
    • removed stock settings
    • disabled amazon activity extender (?!)
    New rom uploaded, be sure to read the installation procedure in first post as a few more steps are involved (xposed)