[ROM] TMO Z2 Force 27.1.5 / 27.1.7 FlashAll (Mar/Aug 2019)

Search This thread

rcmaehl

Jan 8, 2016
A preview of some changes to come

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Reactions: amoot329

Ae3NerdGod

Apr 27, 2014
just got a tmo z2 force,im pretty sure i understand this process, but just to be clear:

after unlocking my bootloader and flashing this flashall from your post i will have "two oreo bootloaders" (mentioned in "process B" on this guide: https://xdaforums.com/z2-force/how-to/guides-bootloader-twrp-custom-roms-root-t3805737)
and after flashing TWRP installer i am now relatively safe for trying out custom roms?

or do i need to do something to slot B?

also, can slot B be used for a second rom?

Sep 4, 2019
27.1.7 flashall went smooth, thank you!! However, after I installed TWRP my phone will now only boot into recovery or bootloader, no more system. My internal files are still present in TWRP so it didn't wipe my data, but I am stumped how to get my phone to work again?? I tried pushing the 27.1.7 flashall again from bootloader mode in ADB but it wouldn't go. Any suggestions before a full wipe? TY!!!

****UPDATE****
Got it to finally push after the seventh try. Not sure what was different? Thank you!!

Last edited:

rcmaehl

Jan 8, 2016
just got a tmo z2 force,im pretty sure i understand this process, but just to be clear:

after unlocking my bootloader and flashing this flashall from your post i will have "two oreo bootloaders" (mentioned in "process B" on this guide: https://xdaforums.com/z2-force/how-to/guides-bootloader-twrp-custom-roms-root-t3805737)
and after flashing TWRP installer i am now relatively safe for trying out custom roms?

or do i need to do something to slot B?

also, can slot B be used for a second rom?

You'll have two different OSes basically including different recovery environments. The bootloader will remain the same. You do not need to do anything with the other slot. If you are installing LineageOS it will use that other slot for fast updates.

rcmaehl

Jan 8, 2016
27.1.7 flashall went smooth, thank you!! However, after I installed TWRP my phone will now only boot into recovery or bootloader, no more system. My internal files are still present in TWRP so it didn't wipe my data, but I am stumped how to get my phone to work again?? I tried pushing the 27.1.7 flashall again from bootloader mode in ADB but it wouldn't go. Any suggestions before a full wipe? TY!!!

****UPDATE****
Got it to finally push after the seventh try. Not sure what was different? Thank you!!

Sounds like TWRP was booting to the wrong slot for some reason. Were you using just the 27.1.7 flashall or were you using the updated files?

Sep 4, 2019
Sounds like TWRP was booting to the wrong slot for some reason. Were you using just the 27.1.7 flashall or were you using the updated files?

I was using the updated files. I just realized I flashed TWRP "after" I had already flashed Magisk so maybe that was why it took over the boot image in Slot A? I tried booting Slot B and it would just boot-loop. All is good now. Cheers!

mreevimus

Sep 3, 2008
Frisco
I have the ATT variant of the Mot Z2 Force but I am using this on T Mobile. Would this work for my phone?

Nevermind but bootloader is not able to be unlocked which is a pre-requisite. Bummer. I am going to be listing this for sale. Since it dropped from the Upgrade list and 5G capable list just recently I don't see any reason to keep it. Thanks for the info. I got my hopes up for a brief moment there

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019
A few Bugs...

Since the last Flashall I keep getting the following error messages: com.motorola.ccc has stopped, messages has stopped, and OMA client provisioning has stopped working.

I ignored it for a few weeks but I have been missing some text messages here and there as a result so I need to get it fixed. I already tried reflashing but it still does it. However, it never did it before this update. Any suggestions? Thanks!

rcmaehl

Jan 8, 2016
Since the last Flashall I keep getting the following error messages: com.motorola.ccc has stopped, messages has stopped, and OMA client provisioning has stopped working.

I ignored it for a few weeks but I have been missing some text messages here and there as a result so I need to get it fixed. I already tried reflashing but it still does it. However, it never did it before this update. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you know what version you were on before the Flash? 27.1.3? 27.1.4? I'd recommend backing up any data and using flashall_then_erase.bat

BreenyBaby

Apr 11, 2016
Fixed my problem, I lost cellular connection, imei was showing as 0

First and foremost, you are awesome! I made a series of bad decisions that ended with Lineage 16 installed and working but the phone cellular data unusable. I really should have known better, and I did know better, but chose to try installing an Android 10 rom from a source that raised red flags with me and in short that is what got me in the predicament.
I tried reverting back to stock on my own but still couldn't get through to fix the cellular problem until downloading your fix and replacing the 3 .bat files with your updated ones. Worked perfectly on the first try. Again, you are awesome, I was almost going to run out and buy a new phone this morning.

itsttime206

I have the ATT variant of the Mot Z2 Force but I am using this on T Mobile. Would this work for my phone?

Nevermind but bootloader is not able to be unlocked which is a pre-requisite. Bummer. I am going to be listing this for sale. Since it dropped from the Upgrade list and 5G capable list just recently I don't see any reason to keep it. Thanks for the info. I got my hopes up for a brief moment there

You do +not+ need to bootloader unlock to flash this. He just means you must be bootloader unlocked to flash the TWRP image etc in the zip. The zip has all the official components for the official update. This is the only official I could find. I merely substituted an official flashall to this zip and flashed all the official parts. Prior to this I was bricked with a locked bootloader and no other flash would revive it. This worked like a charm. I can confirm, however, that after flashing lineage I have no working wifi or data. Anyone figure out a solution to this? Yes, was definitely in the disclaimer : D

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Just figured out a solution to the no wifi no cellular issue. Issue the following fastboot flash commands in this rom zip AFTER you have flashed lineage.

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

This will essentially write the new modem over lineage. Your rom will maintain and you will have wifi and cellular. (-:

sounreal

You do +not+ need to bootloader unlock to flash this. He just means you must be bootloader unlocked to flash the TWRP image etc in the zip. The zip has all the official components for the official update. This is the only official I could find. I merely substituted an official flashall to this zip and flashed all the official parts. Prior to this I was bricked with a locked bootloader and no other flash would revive it. This worked like a charm. I can confirm, however, that after flashing lineage I have no working wifi or data. Anyone figure out a solution to this? Yes, was definitely in the disclaimer : D

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Just figured out a solution to the no wifi no cellular issue. Issue the following fastboot flash commands in this rom zip AFTER you have flashed lineage.

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

This will essentially write the new modem over lineage. Your rom will maintain and you will have wifi and cellular. (-:
I did this but the only thing is that I have to reboot my phone in order to get my data to work. Anyone else have this problem?

ryazbeck

Jun 12, 2018
Finally got it to work. I had to do a stock recovery format before running it and then it worked with the updated flashall.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Motorola Z2 Flash T-Mobile FlashAll. It is based on @texasaggie1's October 2018 version and does not wipe user data.

Disclaimer: Flash at your own risk. Not responsible for damages if this stuff goes south. If you don't know what a flashall is, or twrp, or fastboot, you may not be ready for this.

Similarities to @texasaggie1's:

Differences:
    • Updated for 27.1.5 / 27.1.7
    • Updated included TWRP
    • Cleaned up batch files

Upcoming Changes:
    • Bash script version for Linux/Mac
    • Include TWRP 3.3.1-0 instead of TWRP 3.2.3-2
    • Batch prompt to install black logo fix

Prerequisites:

(bootloader) _______: not found OR FAILED (remote: unknown command):
    This is a known issue with Motorola devices. Here are some steps you should try:
    • Try another USB port
    • Use another ADB version
    • Try another USB cable
    • Use Windows 7

How To:
    1. Unzip the Flashall
    2. Open a command prompt in the folder it created
    3. Connect the phone with ADB debugging enabled
    4. Follow the section below based on what you would like to do

Return to Stock
    1. Run flashall.bat
    Return to Stock with Root
    1. Run flashall_then_recovery.bat
    2. Choose Install, then select the TWRP installer .zip
    3. Choose Reboot, then Recovery
    4. Choose Install, then the Magisk (recommended), or another SU .zip
    5. Choose Reboot, then System
    Return to Stock and Wipe All Data
    1. Run flashall_erase.bat

Downloads

If this helps you please hit the "Thanks" button. Reply to this post if you have questions or need any assistance.
    I am aware of the 27.1.7 update and will be creating an flashall for it soon
    Didn't work for me....it hangs and fails to flash. Here is a screenshot showing how far it gets for me. Ideas?

I've replied to you in the Z2 discord. I may need to make the file a bit more verbose. I'll update it after work today.
    Worked for me, thank you OP. Said update unsuccessful after booting, but the build number shows 27.1.5 now.
    I was trying to go with LineageOS 16.0 (to get me some PIE!!!) but it kept borking on me... and then I was in boot-loop hell!!! This FlashAll got me back to functional and I may just stick with it. Pie might be newer, but stable & reliable are most important for me. Thanks so much for putting this package together! Maybe T-mobile/ATT/Sprint should hire the devs from this forum to help them 1) get Pie out for the Z2 Force and 2) honor their commitments. Boohoo... it's too much work for them to build & test the package.... but it wasn't too much for them to hold our their hand and take hundreds of $$$ from each of us, was it?