[ROM] Tmoble SGH-T989UVKL1 Stock, Rooted, Lightly Tweaked, 100% [CIQ Free]

Search This thread

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Coming shortly

Rom Features:

- Updated all apps that were out of date.
- Deodexed
- Zipaligned
- All apk's are MX0 compression to use less ram
and open faster
- Services.jar, i have removed signature checking, so theemers and users
using widgets and stuff from other devices don't get a sig-missmatch on boot
and boot loop.
- CRT off
- Recompiled Stock Kernel to remove CIQ bits and pieces
- init.d support
- BLN support patched into services.jar (Note: you need to flash a bln supported kernel)
- Will work on T-Mobile or Telus Devices
- Carrier IQ (CIQ) is not existent in this rom so it wont be using your battery
spying on you, and using your data to transmit said data its collecting.

CWM Flashable:

ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=984480&stc=1&d=1333636546

NOTE:
This does not include the modem in the flashable, this way its universal for Any one who wished to run this rom. Tmoble users who wish to take advantage of the Wifi Calling must update there modem.

I am open for suggestions on this ROM but understand it was uploaded to be a stock rooted ROM for those who wanted it. I am also sharing this so that other chefs may use it as a base.

Attachments

• Tmoble_SGH-T989UVKL1_Stock_Rooted.zip.torrent
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,916
Last edited:

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Thank you MR X!!!. Is the browser issue free?

Sent from my finger flicker!!!
Seems to be working fine here

maybe its a stupid question, but how do you update the modem to get the wifi calling to work?
You are going to have to do the ota update, or flash the tar posted in this forum via odin, you also will have to make sure you are using the sim that came with the device.

Tmobil or teleus boot animation?

thx!
Tmoble boot animation

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Tmoble boot animation

Thanks for the reply.

I flashed whitehawkx deodexed rom which is probably similar to yours... only problem with his was that the browser was unusable because it doesnt scroll or zoom out smoothly.

I am thinking of wiping and flashing this rom, but am curious to know if the browser bug exists.

Thanks again!

***EDIT***: been using this rom and it is very smooth with NO bugs. amazing work mr x!

Last edited:
Reactions: Docmjldds

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Thanks for the reply.

I flashed whitehawkx deodexed rom which is probably similar to yours... only problem with his was that the browser was unusable because it doesnt scroll or zoom out smoothly.

I am thinking of wiping and flashing this rom, but am curious to know if the browser bug exists.

Thanks again!
it seems to be fine here, ill try a few more tests though

Does anyone have a crt mod for this?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
I meant to include that but forgot, didnt realize untill it was 99% uploaded. Once i get home ill add it, re upload the rom and upload a quick patch zip so you dont have to reload the whole rom.

Hey, could you post an md5 hash? Just so we know we haven't screwed up the download or anything.

I'll post a md5 once i fix the lack of CRT when i get home tonight.

Reactions: bbobarino

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Check the board. There's one there for the stock update. It may work for this as well. Just make a nand andlet us all know. Lol.

Thanks Mr. X. I'll be flashing here in a few.

DARKSIDE

If the CRT mod posted is a mod in the services.jar, flashing it will re-add some bits of ciq back into the rom.

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
If the CRT mod posted is a mod in the services.jar, flashing it will re-add some bits of ciq back into the rom.

Thanks for the head's up. Could you throw in a percentage mod maybe? :D:D:D

I'll wait for the uploaded with crt since I'm out and about anyhow.

Edit: I just checked with CIQ spy and that mod didn't add anything to my rom with ciq. I'm on whitehawkx's version atm. There are three files in the kernel (faux123's 006r2) but nowhere else. ?
DARKSIDE

Last edited:

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Thanks for the head's up. Could you throw in a percentage mod maybe? :D:D:D

I'll wait for the uploaded with crt since I'm out and about anyhow.

Edit: I just checked with CIQ spy and that mod didn't add anything to my rom that with ciq. I'm on whitehawkx's version atm. There are three files in the kernel (faux123's 006r2) but nowhere else. ?
DARKSIDE
never done a % mod before but i could try i suppose.

Reactions: raycaster3

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
TMobile WiFi Firmware update= Lost Root

Posted in General section on this too. I called TMobile to state I wanted WiFi calling. They enabled from their servers, but since I was NOT running stock ROM to enable WiFi calling from menu settings means as they wanted me to do, they sent me an update location to grab latest Kies software, which included a detailed post on manually upgrading and havibg WiFi calling. Software installed on PC. Ran the file which recognizes phone with USB cable plugged in. States it has firmware upgrade to enable WiFi calling. Ran the upgrade and it stated Ver 11.12.16.02 was running and installing Firmware upgrade on device SGH-T989(my 10 digit telephone number in parentheses).
The good news is after phone reboots, the familiar skip or learn about TMobile WiFi calling was on my screen. The bad news is I definitely do NOT have root anymore. Settings in about phone also shows the regular update ran :
Android 2.3.6
BaseBand T989UVKL1
Kernel 2.6.35.11
Build number GINGERBREAD.UVKL1

Sounds like I have to go and re-Route my phone but I'm unclear what this will do regarding WiFi calling in general.

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
Posted in General section on this too. I called TMobile to state I wanted WiFi calling. They enabled from their servers, but since I was NOT running stock ROM to enable WiFi calling from menu settings means as they wanted me to do, they sent me an update location to grab latest Kies software, which included a detailed post on manually upgrading and havibg WiFi calling. Software installed on PC. Ran the file which recognizes phone with USB cable plugged in. States it has firmware upgrade to enable WiFi calling. Ran the upgrade and it stated Ver 11.12.16.02 was running and installing Firmware upgrade on device SGH-T989(my 10 digit telephone number in parentheses).
The good news is after phone reboots, the familiar skip or learn about TMobile WiFi calling was on my screen. The bad news is I definitely do NOT have root anymore. Settings in about phone also shows the regular update ran :
Android 2.3.6
BaseBand T989UVKL1
Kernel 2.6.35.11

Sounds like I have to go and re-Route my phone but I'm unclear what this will do regarding WiFi calling in general.

You should being to reroot bossman. I would like to believe so anyhow since I didnt do anything but activate my new sim and flash a rooted stock rom and my wificalling works. Well can't send mms atm but other than that....

DARKSIDE

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Mr. X,

I am using your Telus ROM on a T-Mobile handset on the AT&T network. No problems at all so far.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1356739

With this new ROM specific to T-Mobile handsets offer anything above and beyond your Telus ROM for someone in my situation? I do not need the wifi calling.

Thanks.

I'd stick with the telus rom, the difference between android 2.3.5 and 2.3.6 is almost non existent and this rom will give you no features you can use.

-Mr. X-

Apr 13, 2007
Ontario
Android 2.3.6
BaseBand T989UVKL1
Kernel 2.6.35.11

use odin to flash clock work mod recovery, then use clockwork mod recovery to flash this rooted stock rom, and enjoy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Coming shortly

Rom Features:

- Updated all apps that were out of date.
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - All apk's are MX0 compression to use less ram
    and open faster
    - Services.jar, i have removed signature checking, so theemers and users
    using widgets and stuff from other devices don't get a sig-missmatch on boot
    and boot loop.
    - CRT off
    - Recompiled Stock Kernel to remove CIQ bits and pieces
    - init.d support
    - BLN support patched into services.jar (Note: you need to flash a bln supported kernel)
    - Will work on T-Mobile or Telus Devices
    - Carrier IQ (CIQ) is not existent in this rom so it wont be using your battery
    spying on you, and using your data to transmit said data its collecting.

CWM Flashable:

ROM:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=984480&stc=1&d=1333636546

NOTE:
    This does not include the modem in the flashable, this way its universal for Any one who wished to run this rom. Tmoble users who wish to take advantage of the Wifi Calling must update there modem.

I am open for suggestions on this ROM but understand it was uploaded to be a stock rooted ROM for those who wanted it. I am also sharing this so that other chefs may use it as a base.
    Bump for link addition
    Thank you MR X!!!. Is the browser issue free?

Sent from my finger flicker!!!
    Seems to be working fine here

maybe its a stupid question, but how do you update the modem to get the wifi calling to work?
    You are going to have to do the ota update, or flash the tar posted in this forum via odin, you also will have to make sure you are using the sim that came with the device.

Tmobil or teleus boot animation?

thx!
    Tmoble boot animation
    Some of you may have noticed i was afk, i've been out of the country on a vacation for the past 2 weeks, i returned last friday, and im happy to say my device is currently waiting for me to pick it up and it has been repaired.
    WIFI Calling fixed for me

I found a work around based on "mbernusg" previous comment, i removed the odex file remaining in the /system/app for the ims-service.apk and then i replaced the ims-service.apk and the WifiCall.apk with the .apk's from Whitehawkx's deodexed version and Wifi calling immediately started to work for me. Hopefully this helps for now. I have attached Whitehawkx's deodexed versions of the apks. Remember to delete the odex file for the ims-service.apk and change permissions on new apks.

No more REG99 errors....

Edit.......i am also able to send MMS with WiFi calling enabled now. Before i couldnt.......NIIIIIICCCCEEEEE
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone