[ROM][TMOUS BASED] MT_S4G v1.2 [Android 2.3.4] [Aug 28 2011]

Search This thread

swiftinmotion

Jul 25, 2010
San jose
How do you exactly apply that splash to match the boot up/down animation. I've never done that before. Kind of stuck.. Will thank for any help.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

Last edited:

IMPEREAL

Nov 22, 2007
is 1.2 uploading or did I miss the link somewhere??? good looks on an amazing ROM too!! top notch!

MarlinFF

Oct 31, 2010
Los Angeles
is 1.2 uploading or did I miss the link somewhere??? good looks on an amazing ROM too!! top notch!

Had a rough Saturday night. I already have it installed and have been running it to test the bugs (To avoid that 1.1.2 fiasco). I'll upload it later today.

How do you exactly apply that splash to match the boot up/down animation. I've never done that before. Kind of stuck.. Will thank for any help.

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

As quoted from another thread:
Code:
Splash Flasher Instructions ... (I am not responsible for damage done to your phone , use this at your own risk !)

1: Place image of your choice into the place-image-here folder (Ignore this as I already placed it in the folder for you)
2: Click on CLICK-HERE
3: DISREGARD the 480x800 warning this tool works just fine with 540x960 Images .
4: Follow on screen instructions theyre very easy .
5: Enjoy

Last edited:

KrisHilbun

Dec 16, 2010
Dallas
Recently noticed every time i sync my gmail.. the sync icon sits there for a good 45 seconds. It will sync.. no problems with it just icon sits there forever curious setting in build?

swiftinmotion

Jul 25, 2010
San jose
Had a rough Saturday night. I already have it installed and have been running it to test the bugs (To avoid that 1.1.2 fiasco). I'll upload it later today.

As quoted from another thread:
Code:
Splash Flasher Instructions ... (I am not responsible for damage done to your phone , use this at your own risk !)

1: Place image of your choice into the place-image-here folder (Ignore this as I already placed it in the folder for you)
2: Click on CLICK-HERE
3: DISREGARD the 480x800 warning this tool works just fine with 540x960 Images .
4: Follow on screen instructions theyre very easy .
5: Enjoy

Thank you!!

Sent from my HTC Pyramid

MarlinFF

Oct 31, 2010
Los Angeles

From what I have understood from other posts, it is that governors when used with the dualcore script tends to cause instability and battery drain. I haven't enabled the "always on (dualcore)" script because it is still in its early stages and will just eat away at your battery for now. After using smartass governor I haven't noticed any difference in battery, but at the same time I haven't noticed any battery being saved (Which is what it should be doing). I'll probably relook at everything pretty soon and see what is the best choice for my rom to have.

osugsxr

Jun 9, 2010
just flashed this over a stock rooted 2.3.3. Up and running pretty smooth no issues yet. Stock rom for me was very solid! excellent battery life and over all use. Just not a fan of sense for most part :mad: may trade this for a g2x plus $130. Love the phone but sense is just too much.

bskim23

Nov 5, 2009
SoCal
just flashed this over a stock rooted 2.3.3. Up and running pretty smooth no issues yet. Stock rom for me was very solid! excellent battery life and over all use. Just not a fan of sense for most part :mad: may trade this for a g2x plus $130. Love the phone but sense is just too much.

I feel you. I've been using this rom for a while now. I love it. It's snappy and excellent battery life... But ultimately I hate sense. I love the phone... Just being patient until cm releases. I came from a g2x and I don't think I can go back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

osugsxr

Jun 9, 2010
I feel you. I've been using this rom for a while now. I love it. It's snappy and excellent battery life... But ultimately I hate sense. I love the phone... Just being patient until cm releases. I came from a g2x and I don't think I can go back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

I like the feel of the g2x, very fast and snappy, plus I prefer using adw launcher ex plus vanilla android. Think I'm hoping for iphone for tmobile or go with the nexus prime. Sell now to get some money out of the phone and eventually sell the g2x hopefully. Just tired of going through phones, not really satisfied with sensation.

zim2dive

Feb 15, 2007
NC
Could I get some feedback on how battery life has been? I'm running EB right now and the battery life is less than par (barely made it 12 hours and I'm using the E3D 1730 mAh battery). Thanks!

Given the caveats in the link in my sig... 2d 21h on this over the weekend.

Attachments

• batt_stat.png
    batt_stat.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 173

deeoh1084

Dec 21, 2009
so to install this it's pretty much the same as the other roms right? (DUH~) just install the rom through CWM recovery after i wipe the device completely right?? (my device is already s-off and rooted) but i just wanted to make sure (since i'm coming from vibrant i didn't have to s-off and do all the other bull crap... htc is lame) i am having the worst android experience with this phone but hopefully this rom will fix most of my problems!! thank you for the rom!!

tengtengvn

Dec 13, 2008
Silicon Valley
Samsung Galaxy S21
so to install this it's pretty much the same as the other roms right? (DUH~) just install the rom through CWM recovery after i wipe the device completely right?? (my device is already s-off and rooted) but i just wanted to make sure (since i'm coming from vibrant i didn't have to s-off and do all the other bull crap... htc is lame) i am having the worst android experience with this phone but hopefully this rom will fix most of my problems!! thank you for the rom!!
I'm coming from the Vibrant and I have the best experience with this phone.:D
At least I don't have to worry about ODIN bricking my phone & it doesn't feel like a cheap piece of plastic.
But yeah, you just do factory wipe + cache + dalvik, then flash the ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MT_S4G v1.2

Rom is based on Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) - Official HTC T-Mobile USA 1.45.531.1

Enhancements from stock:

• All T-Mobile related apps (MyAccount/Visual VoiceMail/MobiTV, etc) left in tact
    • Stock kernel w/ Smartass governor
    • Busybox installed
    • Fully De-Odexed
    • Init.d support
    • Root (SU + SuperUser Permissions. Running the LATEST SuperUser 4 beta)
    • All Zipaligned for better RAM performance
    • Automatic Zipalign of data/ on boot
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Ads blocked through latest Hosts file (Download AdsFree in market to keep up to date manually)
    • Battery calibration script
    • Stock look Battery Percentage mod
    • Boot Animation/Down Animation to HTC Black (Thanks mexxxico)
    • Bloatware removed
    • Built in screen capture enabled (Using Home + Power button)
    • Camera w/ Panorama effect & Camcorder with the option to choose bitrate
    • CRT Animation
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Extended Quick Settings w/ 4G symbol
    • Faster SD Tweak
    • File system (EXT4) tuneups
    • Faster dialing tweak
    • Faster&Smoother UI Tweak
    • Latest Market version 3.1.3
    • White overglow effect added in

Screenshots:

This rom is for people who want the extra features of other roms (Advanced Power Menu/battery percentage/etc) while retaining the stock core.

To match to boot/down animations I attached a splash screen that is to be flashed. Just extract and run.

Recommended Radio: 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01

DOWNLOAD: v1.2 FULL Rom
    Could I get some feedback on how battery life has been? I'm running EB right now and the battery life is less than par (barely made it 12 hours and I'm using the E3D 1730 mAh battery). Thanks!

I've only been using it for ~48 hours, but so far its as good as stock, possibly better.

Just wanted to add that the caveat for all new ROMs is really true. Battery life will take a couple of days and/or charging cycles to really stabilize.

That being said, I've been running v1.1.2 (I didn't add the v1.1.3 incremental patch, which as I understand it doesn't touch any system stuff) since the upload links went live-- ~2 days now?

Yesterday I had ~30% battery left after about 16 hours of moderate to heavy usage (loads of radio streaming over WiFi, about an hour of WiFi tethering, plenty of browsing over 4G, etc.). That's with stock kernel and basic SetCPU profiles.

Hope this helps

EDIT: Forgot to note that I'm using the Anker 1900mAh battery, which is proven to be a little bit longer running than stock batteries as it is. Not sure how it stacks up against the Evo 3D battery though, except that it's rated at a higher amperage than that one, too.
    Good news!

Rebuilt the whole rom back from start, applied OTA patch, than installed all the tweaks + stock kernel. Everything is working now including the Total Memory :)

Enjoy guys! If someone wants to be nice enough they can buy me a coffee for work in a few hours :p

Uploading v1.1.1 right now which should work really great. Many thanks to leedroid for his governor script
    Alright guys:

I'm really OCD about having everything 100% right and that's why I haven't uploaded it yet. There's only one issue and that is the Task manager reports a negative value for some reason. I'm going to upload it for people who don't care about that for now but just know I'll be redoing it and might have a new version up by tomorrow. Upload ETA is about 15 more minutes

EDIT: Links up
    OK. I'll probably go ahead and add it. I can make it a zip package for you if you want. Give folks the option you know?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

That would be great. 40 more minutes to go.

I honestly feel like the stock kernel would be better, but I'm going to let this kernel settle in before I speak a final word on it.