• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][togari][NIGHTLY] [AICP] aicp_togari_mm-11.0-NIGHTLY-20160331 upgrade failed

Search This thread

selvapsk

Apr 4, 2016
Hi,
I tried to upgrade from AICP LP 5.1.1 to AICP MM 11.0 NIGHTLY-20160331 and after upgrade the device reboots and loops forever in SONY Boot Logo.

Device Details:
============
Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802
Bootloader Unlocked: Yes
Rooted: Yes
Firmware Used: AICP Togari LP 5.1.1 Nightly Build 20150805
(Working one before the upgrade)

Upgrade Steps:
============
I had copied the aicp_togari_mm-11.0-NIGHTLY-20160331.zip to external sd card and reboot the device to recovery mode and choose update to upgrade the firmware. (I forget to wipe the dalvik cache).

Please help me in steps for restoring the device to previous version (LP 5.1.1) which is working fine.

Thanks

- selvapsk

Last edited:

selvapsk

Apr 4, 2016
Hi,
I could able to place the device in fastboot mode (Power On/Vol Up key press sequence) and tried the firmware from the below thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z-ultra/orig-development/rom-marshmallow-6-0-z-ultra-t3224321

The flashing went thro' but after rebooting the device, it strucks with the same issue ( looping in Sony Boot Logo).

Also, I could not able to put the device in recovery mode (Power On / Vol Down key press sequence). Pls. let me know how to get the recovery mode working so that I can restore it to theworking firmware.

Thanks
- selvapsk

Hi,
I tried to upgrade from AICP LP 5.1.1 to AICP MM 11.0 NIGHTLY-20160331 and after upgrade the device reboots and loops forever in SONY Boot Logo.

Device Details:
============
Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6802
Bootloader Unlocked: Yes
Rooted: Yes
Firmware Used: AICP Togari LP 5.1.1 Nightly Build 20150805
(Working one before the upgrade)

Upgrade Steps:
============
I had copied the aicp_togari_mm-11.0-NIGHTLY-20160331.zip to external sd card and reboot the device to recovery mode and choose update to upgrade the firmware. (I forget to wipe the dalvik cache).

Please help me in steps for restoring the device to previous version (LP 5.1.1) which is working fine.

Thanks

- selvapsk

Oct 27, 2006
Wakefield
Use the flashtool to flash recovery image.

You can search for the flashtool and twrp recovery image on this forum.

After flashing the recovery, flash any rom

Last edited:
Reactions: selvapsk

selvapsk

Apr 4, 2016

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
I had used fastboot to program the cm 12.1 recovery image (cm-12.1-20160402-NIGHTLY-togari-recovery.img) and could place the device in recovery mode.

In recovery mode, I had updated to cm 12.1 (cm-12.1-20160402-NIGHTLY-togari-recovery.img) and could boot the device.

All the functions seems to work fine but it could not detect the SIM ( It is showing SIM not found error message). Tried different possibilities but could not resolve the issue.

Finally, download Sony Official Firmware (Xperia Z Ultra_C6802_14.6.A.1.216_India_Generic 5.1.1) from
www (dot) xperiablog (dot) net/forum/resources/xperia-z-ultra_c6802_14-6-a-1-216_india_generic.480"
and updated it using FlashTool.

Now the device is in usable state and all the functions seems to work perfectly fine. But Iam missing :( the great features of cm/aicp. Let me wait for stable release of Android MM 6.0 for Sony Xperia Ultra. :eek:

- selvapsk

Oct 27, 2006
Wakefield
Hi,
Thanks for the info.
I had used fastboot to program the cm 12.1 recovery image (cm-12.1-20160402-NIGHTLY-togari-recovery.img) and could place the device in recovery mode.

In recovery mode, I had updated to cm 12.1 (cm-12.1-20160402-NIGHTLY-togari-recovery.img) and could boot the device.

All the functions seems to work fine but it could not detect the SIM ( It is showing SIM not found error message). Tried different possibilities but could not resolve the issue.

Finally, download Sony Official Firmware (Xperia Z Ultra_C6802_14.6.A.1.216_India_Generic 5.1.1) from
www (dot) xperiablog (dot) net/forum/resources/xperia-z-ultra_c6802_14-6-a-1-216_india_generic.480"
and updated it using FlashTool.

Now the device is in usable state and all the functions seems to work perfectly fine. But Iam missing :( the great features of cm/aicp. Let me wait for stable release of Android MM 6.0 for Sony Xperia Ultra. :eek:

- selvapsk
Sorry to hear that. I have c6833. I have tried aicp MM but had to go back to unclelucifer's aosp consept rom, coz MM is not yet stable for togari.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.