• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM/TOOL][10.x] RattlesnakeOS [Pixel XL]

Search This thread

dantheman78

Jul 31, 2011
This is a bit different than most postings here, as I'm not directly providing any binaries to install on your phone and instead providing a simple tool, rattlesnakeos-stack, to build your own customized ROM based with latest AOSP on a regular basis, with your own signing keys, and your own OTA updates. This probably will be interesting to a small subset of users as it requires some technical knowledge and costs money to run this infrastructure in AWS to produce your own builds.

You can read more about the project here: https://github.com/dan-v/rattlesnakeos-stack
I'm generally more active on the subreddit if you have any questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/RattlesnakeOS/

XDA:DevDB Information
RattlesnakeOS [Pixel XL], ROM for the Google Pixel XL

Contributors
dantheman78
Source Code: https://github.com/dan-v/rattlesnakeos-stack

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v9.0.35
Stable Release Date: 2019-09-08
Current Beta Version: v10.0.0-beta.1
Beta Release Date: 2019-09-12

Created 2019-09-13
Last Updated 2019-09-17

PJK2011

Dec 19, 2011
Sorry that is a bad copy paste from other newer Pixel devices. The prebuilt AOSP kernel will be at 3.18 for this device.

Thanks for the clarification. The concept is fascinating. I might get AWS when my GCP expires. I'm interested in how you automatically merge patches and updates for monthly OTA's with no human intervention for resolving conflicts.

dantheman78

Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for the clarification. The concept is fascinating. I might get AWS when my GCP expires. I'm interested in how you automatically merge patches and updates for monthly OTA's with no human intervention for resolving conflicts.

I wish I could say it does something really fancy to ensure patches can be cleanly applied each month, but really it just takes whatever patches you have selected and applies them. This in my experience has worked without issues with each major release of Android as generally there isn't large code changes within .a major release that would affect a patch. The other problem in this area I have not come up with a good solution for is if you are applying multiple patches that are acting on the same file you can run into issues.

PJK2011

Dec 19, 2011
I wish I could say it does something really fancy to ensure patches can be cleanly applied each month, but really it just takes whatever patches you have selected and applies them. This in my experience has worked without issues with each major release of Android as generally there isn't large code changes within .a major release that would affect a patch. The other problem in this area I have not come up with a good solution for is if you are applying multiple patches that are acting on the same file you can run into issues.

It seems quite reasonable to just apply the patches one at a time if in doubt and if there are not an overly large number of patches hitting at the same time.

Top Liked Posts