• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ Version 1.1

Search This thread

MJHawaii

Aug 13, 2011
Honolulu, HI
www.androidhawaii.org
[ROM] TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ Version 1.1 for the Google Edition Galaxy S IV

Welcome to the TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ ROM ( version 1.1 ) based off of the[ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 by Stavr0s91i which is a I9505XXUBMGA Base debloated deodexed Touchwiz Firmware. First a Big Thank you to Stavr0s91i, for the Base to work with and Illogic6, nfsmw_gr who also made it possible for us to get this far. Finally a Big Thank you to Ktoonsez for his tireless work developing Kernal's. After a couple of months of modification we have something to start with here. I spent over a month using Stavr0s91i work to cut down the MH1 base with no success but thanks to Illogic6 he did get the Barebone firmware to boot by adding some libs and modules from the 4.3 OTA. I added some tweaks, applications, a kernel, and made some other modifications to come up with this lightweight and stable Touchwiz ROM. I have been testing it for almost a week and I have been very pleased with how nice it performs, the battery life is good as well. ALOHA from MJ

Also Thank you to
SamuriHL
occupational_hazzard
Jonny
Connexion2005
Chainfire
Woody
and our Loyal I9505G community here on XDA

Kernel Source can be Found
https://github.com/ktoonsez/KT-SGS4

The [ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 [Stock[[Rooted][Deodexed] can be found
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2349369

What's working? ..Everything you tell me. ( 4G + LTE speed in my area )

What's under the Hood? ( Size 639mb )

[ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 Base
KT-SGS4-JB4.2-TW-INTL-08.25.2013
Galaxy S4 Camera
Clock
Gmail
Maps
MyFiles
Transparent Clock Weather Widget
Flayvr Photo Gallery [ FLAYVR MEDIA LTD ]
Google Calendar
KT Tweaker
Goo Manager ( TWRP Recovery )
SuperSU ( Rooted )
Sketchbook For Galaxy Note 3
Youtube

Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-09-25-14-04-35_zps7f24f9e9.png

DISCLAIMER ( I nor anyone on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as we know it ends. We are here to help if you need it, READ the Forum FIRST, then ASK.

DOWNLOAD Version 1.1 HERE
MD5 Check 7F3E25422A04B7BE0CDB651793B22C2D

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. For the Best Performance Odin back to stock and Wipe Data to make space for Touchwiz ( Please Refer to the Odin threads ) You can store nandroid backups on your external SD card.

2. Place the TouchLite GE ROM on your SD Card

3. TWRP Recovery Recommended, WIPE data, cache, and dalvik 3 times, Wipe System once.

4. Install Zip from SD Card, ( Wipe cache and dalvik, Reboot and Enjoy ) Patience Booting up takes awhile.

When the ROM boots up it looks very bare so you will have to set up your Google account from settings, email, or the Play store and set up your lock screen and widgets. Also please note that you will have to probably input your APN ( Access Point Names ) so that Data works. I personally had to input my AT&T APN's.

Bugs & Reporting

As with any Custom ROM nothing is a 100% perfect. If you have found a legitimate bug please post as much information as possible so that I can address it. I cannot promise when or if this ROM or any other work I am involved in will be updated due to changes, time, or other things I am involved in which may take priority.

APPRECTIATION:

The best way to show your appreciation for any of the work that I or any other member or developer that is associated with this is to

1. Hit the Thanks Button
2. Leave a Good Comment
3. Hit the DONATE button
4. Get Involved with some work here on XDA

Last edited:

bpl710

Oct 5, 2007
St Pete, FL
Downloading now!

EDIT: Looks awesome so far!

Here are the LTE APN settings for anyone on ATT.

Name: ATT LTE
APN: pta
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type:default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri,internet
BEARER: LTE

Last edited:

MJHawaii

Aug 13, 2011
Honolulu, HI
www.androidhawaii.org
BTW the added the transparent clock weather widget because it has more customization and looks great. The Galaxy Note 3 sketchbook application is pretty nice as well.

I am not sure if anyone has used Flayvr but the Gallery is very nice

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
Yey finally! :)

Quick question though... Last night I was bored out of my mind, so I flashed one lite touchwiz rom from the i9505 and I flashed the 4.2.2 kernel after that, and I noticed that when im on the call, and i move the phone close to me and away, and the screen starts turning on and off - at some point it just turns off, and gets stuck.

I wanted to make sure that this does not happen on here too.

Other than that - thank you, sir :)

Edit: Here are the APNs for T-Mobile US:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: not set
MMS port: not set
MNC: 260
Auth type: none
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: check (APN Enabled)
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: none
MVNO value: not set

I just copied those from my existing t-mo on 4.3 stock, lets jump right in TouchWiz !! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MJHawaii

t0ny0

Jul 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
www.geekmein.com
Alright,

A few things.

1st - the clock on the lockscreen is missing. Like, its there, but its invisible. It only shows up once I receive a txt msg.

2nd - Initial start of the rom - it will automatically load up. It doesn't ask about google account. Which means that once I set up my google account - it would not install all my existing applications back.

EDIT: To fix the clock - you have to go to settings->my device->lockscreen->lockscreen widgets->clock or personal message->choose clock->save
It does not work with personal message. Also, for some reason - weather is also missing.

Will report with more bugs shortly :)

Last edited:

MJHawaii

Aug 13, 2011
Honolulu, HI
www.androidhawaii.org
Alright,

A few things.

1st - the clock on the lockscreen is missing. Like, its there, but its invisible. It only shows up once I receive a txt msg.

2nd - Initial start of the rom - it will automatically load up. It doesn't ask about google account. Which means that once I set up my google account - it would not install all my existing applications back.

EDIT: To fix the clock - you have to go to settings->my device->lockscreen->lockscreen widgets->clock or personal message->choose clock->save
It does not work with personal message. Also, for some reason - weather is also missing.

Will report with more bugs shortly :)

Those are not bugs. This ROM is very light lots of things were removed like the google sign in and you have to set up your lock screen the way you want, widgets the way you want. If your looking for something that is pure stock with everything already running and set up out of the box this isn't for you.

Touchwiz is just too big for our partition so some sacrifices have to be made :eek:

The screenshot was how I set up mine you can configure yours as you wish

Reactions: t0ny0

deezytg1

Aug 8, 2013
Pittsburgh
great so far

I've been running since the release and haven't had any issues yet. Very quick :)

The only thing I did was install the email app from Aroma so I could still use it for work.

I'll keep using it for another week and report any issues I find

Good job on this release

jkassay

Mar 26, 2005
I've been running since the release and haven't had any issues yet. Very quick :)

The only thing I did was install the email app from Aroma so I could still use it for work.

I'll keep using it for another week and report any issues I find

Good job on this release

I am interested in getting email app as well. Could you explain how you got it from Aroma?

thepktrckt

Feb 19, 2013
Finally got to test the ROM last night....very smooth and fast. I've had no booting issues compared to the many other GE ROMs.

Thank you for your persistence!

thepktrckt

Feb 19, 2013
Anyone know the right combo of installs to get the voice commands working for the camera?

I've installed S-Voice via Aroma and that gets me to the point of setting it up but once I say "shoot" "cheese" etc, nothing happens. Several of the other S-Voice commands seem to work fine but this one is stumping me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ Version 1.1 for the Google Edition Galaxy S IV

Welcome to the TOUCHLITE GE TOUCHWIZ ROM ( version 1.1 ) based off of the[ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 by Stavr0s91i which is a I9505XXUBMGA Base debloated deodexed Touchwiz Firmware. First a Big Thank you to Stavr0s91i, for the Base to work with and Illogic6, nfsmw_gr who also made it possible for us to get this far. Finally a Big Thank you to Ktoonsez for his tireless work developing Kernal's. After a couple of months of modification we have something to start with here. I spent over a month using Stavr0s91i work to cut down the MH1 base with no success but thanks to Illogic6 he did get the Barebone firmware to boot by adding some libs and modules from the 4.3 OTA. I added some tweaks, applications, a kernel, and made some other modifications to come up with this lightweight and stable Touchwiz ROM. I have been testing it for almost a week and I have been very pleased with how nice it performs, the battery life is good as well. ALOHA from MJ

Also Thank you to
    SamuriHL
    occupational_hazzard
    Jonny
    Connexion2005
    Chainfire
    Woody
    and our Loyal I9505G community here on XDA

Kernel Source can be Found
    https://github.com/ktoonsez/KT-SGS4

The [ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 [Stock[[Rooted][Deodexed] can be found
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2349369

What's working? ..Everything you tell me. ( 4G + LTE speed in my area )

What's under the Hood? ( Size 639mb )

[ROM][MGA][26July] Barebone Firmware V3 Base
    KT-SGS4-JB4.2-TW-INTL-08.25.2013
    Galaxy S4 Camera
    Clock
    Gmail
    Maps
    MyFiles
    Transparent Clock Weather Widget
    Flayvr Photo Gallery [ FLAYVR MEDIA LTD ]
    Google Calendar
    KT Tweaker
    Goo Manager ( TWRP Recovery )
    SuperSU ( Rooted )
    Sketchbook For Galaxy Note 3
    Youtube

Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-09-25-14-04-35_zps7f24f9e9.png

DISCLAIMER ( I nor anyone on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as we know it ends. We are here to help if you need it, READ the Forum FIRST, then ASK.

DOWNLOAD Version 1.1 HERE
    MD5 Check 7F3E25422A04B7BE0CDB651793B22C2D

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. For the Best Performance Odin back to stock and Wipe Data to make space for Touchwiz ( Please Refer to the Odin threads ) You can store nandroid backups on your external SD card.

2. Place the TouchLite GE ROM on your SD Card

3. TWRP Recovery Recommended, WIPE data, cache, and dalvik 3 times, Wipe System once.

4. Install Zip from SD Card, ( Wipe cache and dalvik, Reboot and Enjoy ) Patience Booting up takes awhile.

When the ROM boots up it looks very bare so you will have to set up your Google account from settings, email, or the Play store and set up your lock screen and widgets. Also please note that you will have to probably input your APN ( Access Point Names ) so that Data works. I personally had to input my AT&T APN's.

Bugs & Reporting

As with any Custom ROM nothing is a 100% perfect. If you have found a legitimate bug please post as much information as possible so that I can address it. I cannot promise when or if this ROM or any other work I am involved in will be updated due to changes, time, or other things I am involved in which may take priority.

APPRECTIATION:

The best way to show your appreciation for any of the work that I or any other member or developer that is associated with this is to

1. Hit the Thanks Button
    2. Leave a Good Comment
    3. Hit the DONATE button
    4. Get Involved with some work here on XDA
    Any thoughts on updating this based on the leaked 4.4.2 TW ROM for the 9505? I've been able to slim down the system partition , but only to 1.7G, which is still well over the 1.18G allotment from Google ...

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I will look into it been very busy this month and I need some testers I don't own this phone anymore

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yey finally! :)

Quick question though... Last night I was bored out of my mind, so I flashed one lite touchwiz rom from the i9505 and I flashed the 4.2.2 kernel after that, and I noticed that when im on the call, and i move the phone close to me and away, and the screen starts turning on and off - at some point it just turns off, and gets stuck.

I wanted to make sure that this does not happen on here too.

Other than that - thank you, sir :)

Edit: Here are the APNs for T-Mobile US:

Name: T-Mobile US LTE
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Username: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: not set
    MMS port: not set
    MNC: 260
    Auth type: none
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN protocol: IPv4
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: check (APN Enabled)
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO type: none
    MVNO value: not set

I just copied those from my existing t-mo on 4.3 stock, lets jump right in TouchWiz !! :)
    Some screenshots would be Nice :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

They are coming later today

UPDATE: Wish Granted. I put one screenshot up.

I'll be happy to test. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I would also be interested in testing a 4.4.2 version.