• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Touchwiz-PC1,PD1] [100% Stock, Root, No KNOX, No Itson] [4/5/2016]

Search This thread

Soulforged666

Feb 15, 2015
Am I missing Something? Stock tar PC1

Hey guys long time no see. Use to use all of tx roms but once kernals were imbedded into them a while back it messed with my phone big time so I went back and forth for a while and just settled on stock root with hotspot mod. Been using and still on Stock Rooted 5.0.1 OB7

I want to update to MM but its been over a year since I have done any type of rooting so I am a bit rusty. In the OP tx stated:

"If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings."

However I cannot find any Stock tar refrence to PC1. The threads I found went from OK1 to PD1 skipping PC1. I was going to odin PC1 as stated in option 2. Does anyone have a link to a PC1 tar or will the PD1 tar work for me.

As stated I am Rooted on Stock 5.0.1 on OB7. Sorry if this has already been answered if it has please direct me to post and I will track it down. Been all over XDA searching and cannot find it.

Thanx

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Hey guys long time no see. Use to use all of tx roms but once kernals were imbedded into them a while back it messed with my phone big time so I went back and forth for a while and just settled on stock root with hotspot mod. Been using and still on Stock Rooted 5.0.1 OB7

I want to update to MM but its been over a year since I have done any type of rooting so I am a bit rusty. In the OP tx stated:

"If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings."

However I cannot find any Stock tar refrence to PC1. The threads I found went from OK1 to PD1 skipping PC1. I was going to odin PC1 as stated in option 2. Does anyone have a link to a PC1 tar or will the PD1 tar work for me.

As stated I am Rooted on Stock 5.0.1 on OB7. Sorry if this has already been answered if it has please direct me to post and I will track it down. Been all over XDA searching and cannot find it.

Thanx
PC1 stock tar:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=66003240

Check the thread you're looking at and development forum, there are newer ROMs available. You could flash the latest tar instead of the older one above, if flashing the latest ROMs. PE2 is just fine for me.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Soulforged666

Soulforged666

Feb 15, 2015
PC1 stock tar:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=66003240

Check the thread you're looking at and development forum, there are newer ROMs available. You could flash the latest tar instead of the older one above, if flashing the latest ROMs. PE2 is just fine for me.

I did see that one but the version was not directly called out in the OP so I was not positive if it was the one I needed. According to this OP in order to use any MM roms you should first update with PC1 then root. I like to stay with tx mods as his are usually not loaded with a bunch of options I will never use. I am definitely looking at other roms but tx is good about explaining exactly how to upgrade from different builds and why. And his followers are typically very helpful as well and do not rip into people with what they consider simple questions.

Thank You for your help I will be researching and deciding which way to go over the next week or so.

Soulforged666

Feb 15, 2015

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Quick Question, does the PE1 hotspot mod work on PE2 ROMs as well?
You may not have full compatibility flashing hotspot mod on newer update. But there is a PE2 ROM with hotspot in development forum.

Are you trying to modify a stock ROM or go with custom ROM? If you like Xposed, go with the custom ROM by freeza.

tara_clint

Aug 9, 2008
I would like to know this too. I'm on pe1 stock waiting to see if pe2 stock could be flashed "odin" with current hotspot mod for pe1 if it is disabled. I would rather stay stock and not have to root to get hotspot back.

Sent from my SM-P900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I have been really busy lately and have not had time to work on roms, mods, etc. I will try to make a stock PE2 hotspot mod BUT if the ##data# method works again then just do that for the time being. I will be out of commission for a little while due to moving, new job, etc. for those of you who want to stay in the loop with my future XDA rom projects join us on Google Hangouts. my Hangouts is [email protected]. Just search for me and send me a message if you want to join the conversations with a lot of other XDA members in these forums. All in good fun and sharing stuff with one another.

Soulforged666

Feb 15, 2015
I have been really busy lately and have not had time to work on roms, mods, etc. I will try to make a stock PE2 hotspot mod BUT if the ##data# method works again then just do that for the time being. I will be out of commission for a little while due to moving, new job, etc. for those of you who want to stay in the loop with my future XDA rom projects join us on Google Hangouts. my Hangouts is [email protected]. Just search for me and send me a message if you want to join the conversations with a lot of other XDA members in these forums. All in good fun and sharing stuff with one another.
prl update killed the ##data# hotspot input. New Hotspot mod would be appreciated for PE2

DuneNormal

Apr 10, 2009
Just got my phone with DPE1 stock...Can I use this rom on DPE1? Asking in an abundance of caution, thanks for your patience.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Just got my phone with DPE1 stock...Can I use this rom on DPE1? Asking in an abundance of caution, thanks for your patience.

No. You do not want to flash a custom or stock rom that is older than your current firmware & bootloader. You would need to either downgrade your bootloader to PD1 or flash a PE1 custom/stock rom. The bootloader is a critical piece of the firmware and needs to match the software version of the rom you want to flash. You can read the instructions in any of my rom threads which explains this also.

DuneNormal

Apr 10, 2009
No. You do not want to flash a custom or stock rom that is older than your current firmware & bootloader. You would need to either downgrade your bootloader to PD1 or flash a PE1 custom/stock rom. The bootloader is a critical piece of the firmware and needs to match the software version of the rom you want to flash. You can read the instructions in any of my rom threads which explains this also.
Thanks so much for your time and advice.

gimmezell

Oct 23, 2008
Hanover
Came from Emotion AOSP R14 to this nice clean Stock ROM. I cannot connect to my aftermarket Pioneer car stereo. I could on Emotion but not this ROM. I can connect various bluetooth headphones and other devices. Is there a quick fix for this?

I did follow the OP install instructions.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once again I bring to you completely stock builds of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (N910PVPU4DPC1 and N910PVPS4DPD1) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. The ROMs are built from the official Samsung tar balls. The ROMs will self root upon flash and have init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed. These ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. You will have to de-bloat yourself if you so choose.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
    Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
    1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
    2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip" or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.

9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!

Credits:
    @Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Without him we would not have root. Thank you!​
    @TeamWin for TWRP recovery. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 and here

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
    Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB8794358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
    Current Beta Version: N/A

Created 2016-04-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-07
    Mods
    (my hotspot mods are made to work on both stock odexed and deodexed roms for their corresponding software version. The installer script will automatically handle everything, just flash and reboot and you're done)
    Note: These hotspot mods are primarily intended for stock roms. If you run a custom rom that has a modified services.jar then flashing these "stock" hotspost mods will break those other mods in services.jar, such as reboot mod for MM roms. Check with the rom dev for details on specific mods used in their roms before flashing these. In any case, these hotspot mods will work fine even if other mods in a custom rom get replaced by the stock java classes. No harm either way, you would simply be without the custom mods.

Sorry it took so long to get this rom posted. i've had it done for several days, i just didn't post it. Anyways, it's good to go!
    Thanks again @xbmoyx even if you miss the mark a little with the fm thing the others were spot on.

Btw, who is using the unofficial deodexed PD1 mentioned here that @tx_dbs_tx uploaded recently? I would like to flash that one if there are no problems with it.
    This weekend I gotta jump to MM either pc1 or pd1.

Thanks a lot crew for keeping our Note 4 alive and kicking!

My deodexed PD1 rom is good to go. I just haven't posted it in a thread yet. I've been busy with another rom project that takes up my free time. I'll try to add the PD1 rom to the existing stock rom thread and unify things a bit.

Edit: OP as well as the thread title has been updated and now includes my latest PD1 rom. Sorry for not posting it sooner. Enjoy.

BTW, Please make heated un rom related discussions via PM. please respect my threads as i respect everybody and do my best to be as informative and helpful as possible with respect to all of you. I expect you all to act the same. No need to give people a hard time, just let it go and try not to take things the wrong way which tends to happen a lot when reading posts. Thank you.
    Hi people! Does private mode work for you after flashing kernel? Can someone check for me?
    Im on tx_dbs_tx stock deodexed pd1 + freeza kernel r41
    Private mode has nothing to do with the kernel and it should work fine regardless of the kernel.

Any update to when will this rom be released with moar mods?

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    This rom will not be updated or customized. I will not be building a custom rom based on our native N4 software.
    I devote my time to building amazing N5/S7 port instead. My time is better spent on the newer TW software with new features etc. The new port roms will be coming very soon.

Op said he's working on a note 5 port instead

Exactly!