• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [Touchwiz-PC1,PD1] [100% Stock, Root, No KNOX, No Itson] [4/5/2016]

Search This thread

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
I have been running this ROM for a couple of months. I have Xposed installed, I currently am running only 1 module, the SD fix, to stop the bugginess with the SD card. I have XInternalSD also downloaded and tried using it, but I wasn't finding it working all that well, so it's currently disabled. I am having problems with the SD card irregardless (seems to be a general issue with Marshmallow), often the camera app crashes when I try to take a picture. The other problem I have noticed is that when the battery gets low, the phone will sometimes get in a mode where it keeps rebooting, multiple times, I have to take the battery out briefly in order to stop it.

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
I have been running this ROM for a couple of months. I have Xposed installed, I currently am running only 1 module, the SD fix, to stop the bugginess with the SD card. I have XInternalSD also downloaded and tried using it, but I wasn't finding it working all that well, so it's currently disabled. I am having problems with the SD card irregardless (seems to be a general issue with Marshmallow), often the camera app crashes when I try to take a picture. The other problem I have noticed is that when the battery gets low, the phone will sometimes get in a mode where it keeps rebooting, multiple times, I have to take the battery out briefly in order to stop it.

So no one has any suggestions as to how to fix this?

samep

Dec 8, 2011
netflix and hulu are having issues for me. Netflix fails to load and hulu get stuck on buffering.
delete /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Got a TWRP backup taken before Xposed to restore? If so, factory reset and flash it. If not, you may just consider waiting for PG1 custom ROM and update.

As far as your thoughts on micro sdcard write permissions in Marshmallow, you're correct with stock services.jar This one may be modified but stock regarding write permissions. I believe developers will approach this differently in custom updated ROMs. But also try FolderMount from Google Play; it's been updated to support marshmallow for Samsung phones.

Not suggesting that Xposed is your issue though, I never used the module you described but I did hear FolderMount was better from one user that has tried both.

maltydog

Apr 16, 2011
delete /system/vendor/lib/liboemcrypto.so

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Got a TWRP backup taken before Xposed to restore? If so, factory reset and flash it. If not, you may just consider waiting for PG1 custom ROM and update.

As far as your thoughts on micro sdcard write permissions in Marshmallow, you're correct with stock services.jar This one may be modified but stock regarding write permissions. I believe developers will approach this differently in custom updated ROMs. But also try FolderMount from Google Play; it's been updated to support marshmallow for Samsung phones.

Not suggesting that Xposed is your issue though, I never used the module you described but I did hear FolderMount was better from one user that has tried both.

Thanks. I will try FolderMount. I had not heard of it before this.

hotstocks

Feb 28, 2012
Fingerprint unlock not working?

Just did the flash today and can't get the lock screen to use fingerprint, have to type in password each time. Any help please.

hotstocks

Feb 28, 2012
No, didn't know I needed to. Oh well I need to type in password when boots, but then fingerprints work to unlock, and since I almost never turn off my phone it is not that big of a deal. If there is a workaround please post, but I am not going to wipe and redo everything, waayyyyyyyyyy to much work.

darrellf

Mar 11, 2015
Does anyone know if the hotspot mods by tx in post number 2 will work with Sprint Note 4 mm6.0.1 on N910PVPS4DPE2, all stock not even rooted yet with no custom recovery. I have been looking around and have yet to really find any viable hotspots that will work. Thanks in Advanced.

potna

Jun 12, 2007
Does anyone know if the hotspot mods by tx in post number 2 will work with Sprint Note 4 mm6.0.1 on N910PVPS4DPE2, all stock not even rooted yet with no custom recovery. I have been looking around and have yet to really find any viable hotspots that will work. Thanks in Advanced.
I'm IN a similar situation But I do have Root and Custom Recovery. I Have PE2 and Need XposED + Hotspot but, it seems we may be out of luck on pe2. maybe flashing a slightly older rom will help us.

darrellf

Mar 11, 2015
Would i be able to flash one the roms tx has post in post 1 then

Edit: well from my readings you con not flash a rom with an older bootloader example:going from PE2 to PE1 or PC1 etc.

If any one has any ideas as a mod for hotspot please let me know.

Last edited:

enettrek

Mar 18, 2010
My note 4 has been working great on the OG5 stock lollipop without root but recently my phone updated without me knowing it to the PE1.. Now the hotspot doesn't work and the phone is trying to update yet again to a PG1... I have told it not to until I confer with you all.

If the only way to get it back is to root, I'm fine with that. Can I odin twrp and just flash the zip file on a unroot stock ? or do I need to download the stock rooted firmware and do that first? As I don't see the PE1 firmware on the OP, just the prior release..

Trying to update to the latest stock rom with root if rooting is the only option to get the hotspot back. As I'm on the 1500 minute plan with unlimited data...

potna

Jun 12, 2007
tonight I backed up my data and Formatted stuff and Flashed the First older Rom I and when it was all said and done It said I was still on PE2. .

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
My phone keeps crashing and rebooting when using Snapchat. Anyone else has this? I'm not sure it's the phone, the rom or Snapchat. I used to use a T-Mobile Note 4 on KK and there is zero issue with Snapchat.

tara_clint

Aug 9, 2008
TX answered question about hotspot mod for pe2 in post 492, that he was busy but would try to get time to make one compatible with pe2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Once again I bring to you completely stock builds of Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 (N910PVPU4DPC1 and N910PVPS4DPD1) for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4.. The ROMs are built from the official Samsung tar balls. The ROMs will self root upon flash and have init.d/busybox support. Knox and Sprint Itson has been removed. These ROMs are completely stock with all of the original factory installed apps. You will have to de-bloat yourself if you so choose.

Other than the removal of Knox and Sprint Itson, the ROM is 100% stock in every other way. It is stock and will stay that way. Please don't ask for mods, changes, etc in this thread. This ROM is intended for those people who want the stock ROM in it's original form with the addition of root and removal of Knox & itson, as well as other members who need a good solid base for their rom projects. I give permission for other dev's to use this rom as your base ONLY if you contact me prior to using it. If I find users using my work without proper credits I will report you and make you look like a fool. Do the right thing and give credits to people for their time and work. It's a courtesy and respect thing, nothing more. With that said, I highly recommend other rom chef's/dev's to use this base rom because it is bug-free and built from the official Samsung tar ball. Last but not least, if you appreciate my work please press that Thanks button, rate this thread and consider a kind donation! Enjoy!
    Mods, etc will be in post #2 below.

Important Notes: Before flashing ANY Marshmallow 6.0.1 TW-based ROM, including this one, you MUST first do one of the following:
    1. Take the Marshmallow PC1 ota update on your phone. (Start by being on the stock unrooted OK1 rom then take the PC1 ota update)
    2. Odin flash the stock PC1/PD1 ROM tar using odin on your PC.

Once you have correctly updated your Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1, software version N910PVPU4DPC1 or N910PVPS4DPD1 DO NOT... I repeat, DO NOT attempt to root your phone with CF-auto root or other methods. It will soft brick your phone. Instead, you ONLY need to flash the latest TWRP recovery using odin on your pc. Nothing else. These ROMs will pre-root your phone using the new systemless root by Chainfire as well as flash the stock PC1/PD1 kernel.

If you are still on any KK or Lollipop 5.0 TW-based ROM such as NIE, OB7, OE1 , OF5, OG5, OJ6 or OK1 (including any KK AOSP/CM-based roms) then you MUST first update to Marshmallow 6.0.1 PC1 by one of the two methods I mentioned above BEFORE flashing this ROM. Failure to properly update your device partitions to 6.0.1 PC1 firmware absolutely WILL cause problems. You have been warned. Please don't ask for help if you did not follow my simple instructions and warnings.

Flashing instructions: ***Before beginning the flash/setup process MAKE SURE your battery has at least 50% charge and/or connected to the charger!!!***

1. Backup anything you don't want to lose off your internal and external storage to another location just to be safe.

2. Download the ROM using your pc. (downloading with your phone has a much higher risk of file corruption. Not recommended with large files).

3. VERIFY the MD5!!! Once the download has finished, compare the androidfilehost MD5 using a MD5 tool on your pc. (Google "md5 checksum windows") for a good MD5 tool for your pc.

4. Put the downloaded ROM onto your internal storage or external micro sd card.

5. With phone powered off, reboot into recovery by pressing and holding volume up, power and the home button until you see the Samsung logo then release all buttons.

6. Once in recovery choose the wipe button and do a factory reset three times. Optional but recommended is to wipe "Data". This will wipe all of your user data such as google accounts so MAKE SURE you backed up first like I said in step #1 above! Next go to "advanced wipe" and select all of the partitions EXCEPT micro-sd card and internal storage. Internal storage is optional but recommended when first updating to a major software revision such as 4.3 to 4.4 or 5.0.1 to 5.1.1, or 5.1.1 to 6.0.1. The reason is to remove left-over data from previous version of Android and start with a clean slate. I highly recommend doing this for a trouble-free experience.

7. Choose the "Install" option and select the ROM "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPU4DPC1_1.0_03302016.zip" or "Stock_DeOdexed_N910PVPS4DPD1_1.0_04302016.zip" from either your internal or external micro-sd card. It will flash the ROM and give a confirmation once completed.

8. Reboot system. The phone will reboot two times while the systemless root builds the new .img and properly sets up root on your phone. It is automated so let it do it's thing. Once the Samsung boot animation completes the phone will boot in approximately 12 minutes.

9. Let the phone optimize for at least 12 minutes (for the deodexed rom) and the screen will show the setup wizard once it finishes. Proceed to setup your phone.

10. Once finished with the setup wizard, wait a few moments and the phone will automatically download the Sprint "bloat" installer and begin installing the addition Sprint apps exactly the way it does on a new phone when you first turn it on. That's it! You're done!

Credits:
    @Chainfire for root and SuperSU. Without him we would not have root. Thank you!​
    @TeamWin for TWRP recovery. http://teamw.in/project/twrp2 and here

flashing anything on your device is done at your own risk. There is no way myself or any other developer can guarantee that flashing this ROM or any other file will not brick your device or otherwise cause some other type of damage. This is just a standard warning. I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. However, all of my roms, mods, etc are pre tested by myself and other testers prior to public release.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Stock-Rooted-TW-Marshmallow, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    tx_dbs_tx
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: N910PVPU4DPC1 - N910PVPS4DPD1
    Based On: ALL_SPT_N910PVPU4DPC1_N910PSPT4DPC1_CL7381751_QB8794358_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar / N910PVPS4DPD1_N910PSPT4DPD1_N910PVPS4DPD1_HOME.tar

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-05
    Current Beta Version: N/A

Created 2016-04-06
    Last Updated 2016-05-07
    Mods
    (my hotspot mods are made to work on both stock odexed and deodexed roms for their corresponding software version. The installer script will automatically handle everything, just flash and reboot and you're done)
    Note: These hotspot mods are primarily intended for stock roms. If you run a custom rom that has a modified services.jar then flashing these "stock" hotspost mods will break those other mods in services.jar, such as reboot mod for MM roms. Check with the rom dev for details on specific mods used in their roms before flashing these. In any case, these hotspot mods will work fine even if other mods in a custom rom get replaced by the stock java classes. No harm either way, you would simply be without the custom mods.

Sorry it took so long to get this rom posted. i've had it done for several days, i just didn't post it. Anyways, it's good to go!
    Thanks again @xbmoyx even if you miss the mark a little with the fm thing the others were spot on.

Btw, who is using the unofficial deodexed PD1 mentioned here that @tx_dbs_tx uploaded recently? I would like to flash that one if there are no problems with it.
    This weekend I gotta jump to MM either pc1 or pd1.

Thanks a lot crew for keeping our Note 4 alive and kicking!

My deodexed PD1 rom is good to go. I just haven't posted it in a thread yet. I've been busy with another rom project that takes up my free time. I'll try to add the PD1 rom to the existing stock rom thread and unify things a bit.

Edit: OP as well as the thread title has been updated and now includes my latest PD1 rom. Sorry for not posting it sooner. Enjoy.

BTW, Please make heated un rom related discussions via PM. please respect my threads as i respect everybody and do my best to be as informative and helpful as possible with respect to all of you. I expect you all to act the same. No need to give people a hard time, just let it go and try not to take things the wrong way which tends to happen a lot when reading posts. Thank you.
    Hi people! Does private mode work for you after flashing kernel? Can someone check for me?
    Im on tx_dbs_tx stock deodexed pd1 + freeza kernel r41
    Private mode has nothing to do with the kernel and it should work fine regardless of the kernel.

Any update to when will this rom be released with moar mods?

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    This rom will not be updated or customized. I will not be building a custom rom based on our native N4 software.
    I devote my time to building amazing N5/S7 port instead. My time is better spent on the newer TW software with new features etc. The new port roms will be coming very soon.

Op said he's working on a note 5 port instead

Exactly!